New SW Ohio conference- Three Rivers Conference

That's helpful on Dixie's behalf to not entirely pull the plug. Although it's not great for their preparedness either if they do play.

I'm actually surprised how a majority of these threads have turned into such heated debate. It's like being on social media except you really don't know who is posting. Brutal.......:) To be honest, I'm to the point I just wish there were more definitive answers. The next 4 weeks is going to be stressful until we know for sure.

Nice article, and Cates is a good coach. He set TVS back many years when he left. Covington has a good thing going and I know he wants a fun farewell tour, and he will get it against everybody but Fort Loramie this year. Then when the TRC begins, it'll be interesting to see how things go. Covington will still be very good, but they won't be winning the conference as easy as they have in the CCC the past 20 some years..

That is a nice article on Cates. I remember when the changes in the CCC and SWBL were leading towards the Three Rivers Conference. I imagined there would be a lot of spite. I didn't agree with how it was done myself. Probably a lot of unknown for the schools involved. But looking at a team like Covington, it should benefit them overall in football. They've realized they need to be challenged outside of the CCC. That's why they've scheduled teams like Minster and St. Henry in the OOC. Moving to the new league will present a more consistent challenge to Covington, week in an week out. Maybe on lean years they don't make the playoffs, but on good years, they'll be much more prepared for the playoffs. I anticipate this being a nice little league almost immediately for football.

That is a nice article on Cates. I remember when the changes in the CCC and SWBL were leading towards the Three Rivers Conference. I imagined there would be a lot of spite. I didn't agree with how it was done myself. Probably a lot of unknown for the schools involved. But looking at a team like Covington, it should benefit them overall in football. They've realized they need to be challenged outside of the CCC. That's why they've scheduled teams like Minster and St. Henry in the OOC. Moving to the new league will present a more consistent challenge to Covington, week in an week out. Maybe on lean years they don't make the playoffs, but on good years, they'll be much more prepared for the playoffs. I anticipate this being a nice little league almost immediately for football.
Especially with the number of playoff teams expanding, I expect Covington to make the playoffs in the near future pretty much every season. They just won't have as many cupcake games on the schedule that they had in the CCC. I'll be interested to see what their schedule will look like once the new league forms, if they can keep some of the OOC games they've had in the past, there schedule would be very strong. I still can't imagine them going any worse than 6-4 in a season.

Fort Loramie (OOC Game)
Minster (OOC Game)
St. Henry (OOC Game)
Miami East
Milton Union
Bethel
Troy Christian
Sidney Lehman
Northridge
Riverside

From what I understand, Milton isn’t accepting transfers or open enrollment. They have a crowding issue at the schools. So no Trotwood transfers to MU. I would imagine they end up at Wayne or Northmont.

I drove by TC almost every morning and they were out getting work in. It look like they had full pads today before I about drove it in the ditch. At least everyone gets a few weeks of hitting in if the worse case happens. My heart bleeds for the seniors from the spring and all the seniors impacted so far in the fall. I get pretty worked up thinking about where were doing to those kids for no benefit at all.

From what I understand, Milton isn’t accepting transfers or open enrollment. They have a crowding issue at the schools. So no Trotwood transfers to MU. I would imagine they end up at Wayne or Northmont.

I would hope the AD could come together and do something for the seniors impacted by this. Could they agree to lighten the transfer rules and get approval from OHSSA? I am sure people would freak out thinking about the competitive nature of it. Really feel bad for the DPS, all the others who are locked down.

Yeah. Well it’s a sad situation all around. I’m sure it’sa case by case situation. Like kids that live on the line between school districts and kids that move in.