New Division Assignments

Yes because they changed the competitive balance calculations. They only count varsity teams now, not all 3 levels.

Varsity only competitive balance calculations start with the 20-21 fall season. This 19-20 season is still on the old calculation using every level.

St.V Sued for them to be moved back to D2:Ohno:

Please site your source. I am not sure losing by 8 points in the DI State Championship game when you have the lowest enrollment of all the schools in the DI AND DII final 4 is worthy of a lawsuit.

Varsity only competitive balance calculations start with the 20-21 fall season. This 19-20 season is still on the old calculation using every level.

Oh... well when that happens even more private schools will move down. Not sure how the publics got fleeced into voting for that. Bump up the number from 5 to 7 but only count 1/3 of the players that you were before. Anyone that can do math knows that lessens the effect of competitive balance.

Please site your source. I am not sure losing by 8 points in the DI State Championship game when you have the lowest enrollment of all the schools in the DI AND DII final 4 is worthy of a lawsuit.

I'm pretty sure making it to the State Championship and losing by 8 isn't just caused to be dropped back down to division 2 with so a called competitive balance structure :shrug:

Oh... well when that happens even more private schools will move down. Not sure how the publics got fleeced into voting for that. Bump up the number from 5 to 7 but only count 1/3 of the players that you were before. Anyone that can do math knows that lessens the effect of competitive balance.

It is only a rule that impacts a tournament. Logical to not include kids that have no impact on the said tournament.

I'm pretty sure making it to the State Championship and losing by 8 isn't just caused to be dropped back down to division 2 with so a called competitive balance structure :shrug:

I am pretty sure they don't care what Division they play. They proved that last year. Competitive balance is what it is - just math.

Yes because they changed the competitive balance calculations. They only count varsity teams now, not all 3 levels.

You sound like you have an opinion. Do you agree or disagree with this?

There’s the answer to my question.

In fact I can see this doing the opposite of what you think. Many of the private school transfers are on a varsity roster while many public open enrollment schools would have kids playing at the lower levels that add to their CB numbers. This could inflate private schools even more as the publics CB numbers will probably decline greater than the private's.

In fact I can see this doing the opposite of what you think. Many of the private school transfers are on a varsity roster while many public open enrollment schools would have kids playing at the lower levels that add to their CB numbers. This could inflate private schools even more as the publics CB numbers will probably decline greater than the private's.

It’s not just transfers that count, it’s any kid that comes from a public school district. There are plenty of those kids on frosh, jv and varsity teams. So you are increasing the multiplier by 40% (5 to 7) but you are cutting the number of kids you are applying it to by 67% (3 teams to 1 team). Simple math tells my the overall competitive balance total of most private schools in basketball is going to decrease.

It’s not just transfers that count, it’s any kid that comes from a public school district. There are plenty of those kids on frosh, jv and varsity teams. So you are increasing the multiplier by 40% (5 to 7) but you are cutting the number of kids you are applying it to by 67% (3 teams to 1 team). Simple math tells my the overall competitive balance total of most private schools in basketball is going to decrease.

I guess you would have to look at where the school's (pub and pri) CB numbers are coming from. From what I have seen, which is a small number, many of the private schools who are accused of recruitment have a large CB number coming from their varsity team. While a public schools CB number is more likely spread out over it's 3 teams. So I can see the end result of focusing on the varsity team roster only having a smaller CB number but the private schools could easily still be a higher number than the public.