Poland 2-1, 2-0
Lakeview 4-2, 2-1
South Range 3-2, 1-2
Hubbard 2-3, 1-2
Jefferson 1-3, 1-2
Niles 2-4, 1-3
Girard 2-4, 1-3
Thanks for keeping this updated.

Not sure where you are off but the league totals to 11 wins and 13 losses.

Thanks for keeping this updated.

Not sure where you are off but the league totals to 11 wins and 13 losses.

Thanks. Let's figure this out...

Struthers beat Lakeview and Jefferson. 2-0.
Poland beat South Range and Girard. 2-0.
Lakeview beat South Range and Niles. Lost to Struthers. 2-1.
South Range beat Hubbard. Lost to Lakeview and Poland. 1-2.
Hubbard beat Niles. Lost to Girard and South Range. 1-2.
Jefferson beat Girard. Lost to Struthers and Niles. 1-2.
Niles beat Jefferson. Lost to Hubbard and Lakeview. 1-2.
Girard beat Hubbard. Lost to Jefferson and Poland. 1-2.

That's 11-11. Sorry about that.

Happy to see the Raiders beat Canfield last week. Wasn't expecting that after a number of graduations from last year, but it looks like they have a nice mix of seniors and juniors on the team including Gehring coming back to play basketball after a year off.
I know Allegretto is out for the year, but is Patrone also?

Struthers is playing on all cylinders now. I like their chances against Poland. The one game I watched Poland against Mooney they looked sloppy as heck. Couldn’t buy a bucket in the 2nd half and they were playing at home. IMO, this team is nowhere near the talent of most Poland teams. The Cats should roll ‘em.

Struthers is playing on all cylinders now. I like their chances against Poland. The one game I watched Poland against Mooney they looked sloppy as heck. Couldn’t buy a bucket in the 2nd half and they were playing at home. IMO, this team is nowhere near the talent of most Poland teams. The Cats should roll ‘em.
The cats are very talented and have a lot of length and shooting. They haven’t faced adversity yet tho, poland will slow the game down as they do every year. Struthers scores in bunches

If struthers and Poland split in the regular season the struthers wins the league, only way poland has a shot at winning the league over them is by sweeping the cats which I don’t see happening, poland struggles to score this year rightfully so they lost the best player they had for the last 3 years

I know Allegretto is out for the year, but is Patrone also?
Sorry Targeting, I haven't heard much about the boys team, just what little I have read in the paper. Big win over Springfield last week! I've seen the girls a few times, but I haven't made it out to a boys game yet. Hopefully I'll catch a game here in January.

Poland was up 14-7 after the 1st.

Cats rally in the 2nd. Lead 25-23 at the half. Carson Ryan with a 3 at the buzzer to put Struthers in front..

Last nights game was embarrassing as it could get for Poland in a win and shows why high school needs a shot clock more then ever. Wasn’t as bad as the district final when we played them but if you stand with the ball for over 4 minutes a possession at times without even attempting to score that’s just sad. Nothing against the players but their coach is setting them up to fall by not learning how to play real hoops instead of keep away

Last nights game was embarrassing as it could get for Poland in a win and shows why high school needs a shot clock more then ever. Wasn’t as bad as the district final when we played them but if you stand with the ball for over 4 minutes a possession at times without even attempting to score that’s just sad. Nothing against the players but their coach is setting them up to fall by not learning how to play real hoops instead of keep away
The. Objective. Is. To. Win. The. Game.
Poland: Objective achieved.
Nothing embarrassing about that at all.

The. Objective. Is. To. Win. The. Game.
Poland: Objective achieved.
Nothing embarrassing about that at all.
To play a way like that teaches the kids 0. It’s more of a simple fact that a shot clock needs to be added. I understand you’ll have more lopsided games but even if it’s a minute it would make a little more normal to actual basketball. There’s a reason there’s a shot clock and it’s to stop nonsense like last night, same as SVSM’s reply to the poland coach crying about recruiting a couple years ago

To play a way like that teaches the kids 0. It’s more of a simple fact that a shot clock needs to be added. I understand you’ll have more lopsided games but even if it’s a minute it would make a little more normal to actual basketball. There’s a reason there’s a shot clock and it’s to stop nonsense like last night, same as SVSM’s reply to the poland coach crying about recruiting a couple years ago

Personally, I love it. Actually takes a lot more skill than you think to keep the ball away from another team. May be a different style that you don’t like, but it is still very much basketball.
If you don’t like it, you have to up your defense and take the ball away. I equate it to a football team that runs a wing T type offense. Same principles.

Teaches the kids ZERO? What is running a faster paced offense and getting run out of the gym going to teach the kids?

Also, 113 points in 36 minutes. 1.7 points (nearly 2) every 30 seconds. Doesn’t sound like stall ball to me.

Last edited:
Struthers plays full court press defense. It's really no surprise that Poland gave them trouble. Poland runs a half court ball control offense. And Poland was more physical defensively, despite Struthers having a clear size advantage.

The more concerning thing to me is that Struthers had multiple chances to both close the game out in the 4th quarter and win the game in OT. They didn't get it done.

South Range is coming to the Field House on Tuesday. Cats need to regroup and not let the Poland loss loom over them. Still a lot of basketball left to play this year. They'll get another shot at Poland down the road.

South range is tough but struthers will regroup and will be tough to beat until they play Chaney in the district title. Not saying they won’t lose but it’ll be very hard to. Also kudos to the coach taking out the player making all the mistakes late, even tho he waited too late to take him out he didn’t seem to care who his dad was and took him out which I love that

So Buckeye Elite is just walking Struthers into a district final with Chaney? Canfield, Poland, West Branch etc. have no chance? Interesting. Not saying Struthers CANT get there, but thats a bold proclamation this early in the season.

So Buckeye Elite is just walking Struthers into a district final with Chaney? Canfield, Poland, West Branch etc. have no chance? Interesting. Not saying Struthers CANT get there, but thats a bold proclamation this early in the season.
I clearly said I’m not saying they can’t lose, but they a lot more then all those you mentioned. Canfield is not what they used to be not in the slightest and WB no they’ll make their exit early as usual

Another close game for Struthers. They win this time, 60-58.

Slocum led the Cats in scoring with 18. Ryan added 16 and Metzga added 13. Brooks for South Range led all scorers with 25.

Struthers improves to 7-1 on the season and 3-1 in the NE8.
South Range drops to 5-3 on the season and 1-3 in the NE8.

Struthers needs to have effort and they need to box out.

turnovers are bad, and they need to stop letting teams just hold the ball.... that being said it was the worst game from the cats all season and they escaped vs south range who isn’t a bad team, cats need to clean up a lot