• Struthers

Votes: 22 22.7%
  • Lakeview

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Hubbard

Votes: 8 8.2%

• Total voters
Year isn’t over yet so just a couple questions going into next year

is Hoffman still the guy in Hubbard next season?

Do idiotic Struthers and Poland fans still want a new coach?

does girard start coaches son as a freshmen at QB?

how many lineman that received significant time come back for SR?

how far does Niles and lakeview drop next year?

I think next season will be a 2 team race just like this season.

happy new year everyone

1. I think so.
2. Yes. People are dumb.
3. No. Tolone or Sims. My guess is Tolone.
4. Just 1 on offense. The center. 1 or 2 on defense. Seesholtz will be the guy on the DL next year. He started as a Sophomore in 2023 and I think as a Freshman in 2022. Valentine and Aquisto are the 2 big losses. But as was already mentioned, it really shouldn’t matter. They’ll be fine regardless.
5. Niles could drop to last place. Lakeview will probably hover around.500 again, depending on their nonconference schedule.
6. I agree. As a bonus, I’ll predict that Hubbard will be the most improved in 2024. And Niles will decline the most. I think Poland will also take a step backward. They have some good pieces to build around, Xipolitas, Komara, McCully, Canfield, etc. But Poland will have a lot of ?‘s next year. It’s also not uncommon for Poland to lose a lot, then put together a really good year. So they get the benefit of the doubt.
Happy new year!

Hubbard is gonna have to have a massive turn around to be good again. That was the worst Hubbard team I’ve ever seen, and the lower levels were just as bad. They’re gonna need to bring some kids in

Doesn’t Hubbard have a stud QB coming up? Isn’t that why Songer was moved to WR? My prediction is largely contingent on that panning out. They do have some good talent, and they always have good size.

Of course they’re gonna struggle again if they have to play the same QB, or if they try to run it back with the same 1940’s offense for a third straight year.

Doesn’t Hubbard have a stud QB coming up? Isn’t that why Songer was moved to WR? My prediction is largely contingent on that panning out. They do have some good talent, and they always have good size.

Of course they’re gonna struggle again if they have to play the same QB, or if they try to run it back with the same 1940’s offense for a third straight year.
The athletes they once had are no longer there that’s not a knock on Hubbard it’s just the way the public school systems work in this area nowadays. The likes of caffey/scott/hill/drummond aren’t in those hallways anymore. I think they’ll be better then last year but I don’t think it’ll be much better

There was not one stud on that roster.

The athletes they once had are no longer there that’s not a knock on Hubbard it’s just the way the public school systems work in this area nowadays. The likes of caffey/scott/hill/drummond aren’t in those hallways anymore. I think they’ll be better then last year but I don’t think it’ll be much better

I said good talent. Not elite talent or P5 talent. And they were very young. Other than Warren and Bowser, most of their best players were Sophomores. Chaney, Songer, Hazimihalis, Krisuk, Odem, McKay, etc. I think they were also young on the lines.
Yeah. I don’t expect them to contend for the NE8 championship or go on a deep playoff run or anything like that. But I also don’t think improving from 4-6 to 6-4 or 7-3 and winning a few conference games should surprise anyone. Especially if Niles drops off, poland takes a step back and Lakeview remains status quo. Plus Girard is a rivalry and they have their own issues.
Or they could totally crap the bed again and be just as bad, if not worse. I’m not ruling that out either. Hubbard has potential, though.

Last edited:
I said good talent. Not elite talent or P5 talent. And they were very young. Other than Warren and Bowser, most of their best players were Sophomores. Chaney, Songer, Hazimihalis, Krisuk, Odem, McKay, etc. I think they were also young on the lines.
Yeah. I don’t expect them to contend for the NE8 championship or go on a deep playoff run or anything like that. But I also don’t think improving from 4-6 to 6-4 or 7-3 and winning a few conference games should surprise anyone. Especially if Niles drops off, poland takes a step back and Lakeview remains status quo. Plus Girard is a rivalry and they have their own issues.
Or they could totally crap the bed again and be just as bad, if not worse. I’m not ruling that out either. Hubbard has potential, though.
Hey I could be dead wrong too, never know with young kids and how they approach the off season

What team is worse then last years team for Hubbard?

The 8th grade team didn’t win a game and the jv won a couple
The reason the "JV team" only won a couple of games (as you have stated in your post) is because the vast majority of the sophomores were actually "starting on the Hubbard varsity team"...a whole lot of them. 🤣

I don't follow the lower level Hubbard teams and their records like you do so I'll go by your numbers...

Yeah. I don’t expect them to contend for the NE8 championship or go on a deep playoff run or anything like that. But I also don’t think improving from 4-6 to 6-4 or 7-3 and winning a few conference games should surprise anyone.
Your assessment is correct, you nailed it.

Word around town is 44 out of last year's 54 players will be returning. They were certainly a very young team last year and they should have a ton of battle scars after last year's disastrous season.

Is Hoffman still the guy in Hubbard next season?
No question.
Do idiotic Struthers and Poland fans still want a new coach?
Shouldn't.
Does girard start coaches son as a freshmen at QB?
They'll start whoever gives them best chance to win.
How many lineman that received significant time come back for SR?
?
How far does Niles and lakeview drop next year?
Niles - significantly. Lakeview - Slightly?
I think next season will be a 2 team race just like this season.
Agree.

Terrible ooc for Poland with the exception of Canfield but I have reason to believe Canfield will be down for a while….

is Poland going to be good this season? No idea what they bring back.
I think Poland slips a little but the cupboard isn't bare. They won't go 9-1 like last year but I think that they can be solid.