MVL 2022

I would be very frustrated with the play calling if I was a fan. I would've ran 9 alot more also. I know he is a heck of a LB but he looked alot better running the ball. I would've also threw the ball alot more. There where 3 or 4 deep balls over thrown, that hurt. I don't know if the extra 5 yards did something to the kicker but that illegal forward pass was awful call.

Why did we even run up and spike it? We had a time out left, just call the timeout!

Tough way for Piqua to go out, they had their chances to win that one. The field goal debacle, plus Trombley missing anyways when he's a very good kicker. Then getting Edgewood to a 4th down in OT but not holding them. As an outsider that really only watched Piqua against Tipp and this game, it very much seems like they limited themselves with their playcalling, as I feel like they are more talented than the level to which they played this season.

I just finished watching the game again thanks to the YouTube page. The play calling made me even more upset rewatching it then it did last night. They did the same thing in the Tipp game and it cost them that game also. I counted the time outs in the 2nd half since the scoreboard didn't adjust and we did in fact have 1 time out left, so instead of running up spiking the ball they could have just called a timeout which could have saved them 5 yards. Would it have mattered we will never know. But then I go back earlier in the season when you're beating a team by 30 and on 4th down in a kickable situation you don't kick it instead you go and score "another" TD you rob your kicker of valuable experience kicking, then when you need him late in the season he isn't quite ready. We all know Jackson can kick 50 yarders with nobody in front of him. But you have to get him reps during games. I am otherwise upset that the offense just started going for the homerun ball rather than jut throwing the ball 10-15 yards over the middle, the linebackers were coming forward at the snap on every play the middle of the field was open.

None of that matters now I guess, we had 22 seniors on this team so what we look like next year is up in the air.

As of right now, we plan on being at the Tipp game Friday night vs Western Brown to support the MVL. We will know more the closer we get to the game.

Tough way for Piqua to go out, they had their chances to win that one. The field goal debacle, plus Trombley missing anyways when he's a very good kicker. Then getting Edgewood to a 4th down in OT but not holding them. As an outsider that really only watched Piqua against Tipp and this game, it very much seems like they limited themselves with their playcalling, as I feel like they are more talented than the level to which they played this season.
as mentioned before, why did the Piqua quarterback have to run to line and spike the ball when a timeout was available tthere was only three seconds left.

I would be very frustrated with the play calling if I was a fan. I would've ran 9 alot more also. I know he is a heck of a LB but he looked alot better running the ball. I would've also threw the ball alot more. There where 3 or 4 deep balls over thrown, that hurt. I don't know if the extra 5 yards did something to the kicker but that illegal forward pass was awful call.
So you would have run the ball more and threw the ball more? You would have thrown the ball more but said he over threw ball several times.

So you would have run the ball more and threw the ball more? You would have thrown the
I would have ran the ball a less times but ran #9. He was a stronger runner all year. Piqua Qb I thought was pretty dang good and when the running game wasn't working with #5, yes I would've thrown the ball more. I believe the Piqua fans on here would agree.

I would have ran the ball a less times but ran #9. He was a stronger runner all year. Piqua Qb I thought was pretty dang good and when the running game wasn't working with #5, yes I would've thrown the ball more. I believe the Piqua fans on here would agree.

I have always believed good teams find a balance between running and throwing the ball.

He was OK but not type to put the game on him. His stats show that. Piqua didnt have receivers was the problem in that game. Watching in online. Piqua cant catch. So throwing more would have made it worse. They had the third best offense in the league so dont think changing things would have been good.

I'm not really sure how Piqua's offense got dragged into this discussion and I don't feel like going back and trying to figure it out. But they was very inconsistent. Mainly play calling was suspect because it was too predictable, sure they could put up a lot of points against bad teams. But that was mostly because we could out athlete the bad teams which made up for it. But when we played teams that could match up athletically they struggled because they knew what Piqua was going to do and could make the plays to stop it. Where Piqua coaching excels is on defense because the coaching staff is so seasoned they have seen it and know how to get players in the right position to make plays.

He was OK but not type to put the game on him. His stats show that. Piqua didnt have receivers was the problem in that game. Watching in online. Piqua cant catch. So throwing more would have made it worse. They had the third best offense in the league so dont think changing things would have been good.
Don't get me started on stats. Sidney's Qb was the passing yards leader. Look where that got Sidney. I'll have to say you're right about Piqua catching the ball. If they catch the one pass they win the game.

We are just tired of people like you blaming us for your problems. Sorry if that hurt your feelings. Whining about the league like you do all the time gets old I guess.

I guess it's ok for you since you don't have to worry about the league being competitive enough to prepare your team for the playoffs. But it gets kind of upsetting when your starters only get to play 2 quarters a week because the teams they have to play aren't getting any better!

I guess it's ok for you since you don't have to worry about the league being competitive enough to prepare your team for the playoffs. But it gets kind of upsetting when your starters only get to play 2 quarters a week because the teams they have to play aren't getting any better!
Wasnt too long ago we were whipping your tails and going to the playoffs. So dont not act all high and mighty. You lost because the other team was better. The had better players better coaches and won the game. Stop making excuses.

Butler had a few great seasons 20 years ago. Seems like a while ago to me. None of us can pick on Piqua football until our respective schools can achieve the stability and discipline that program has had for the last 30 years.

Butler had a few great seasons 20 years ago. Seems like a while ago to me. None of us can pick on Piqua football until our respective schools can achieve the stability and discipline that program has had for the last 30 years.
Piqua and Tipp are the only programs with sustained high level success since the start of the 21st century and no one else is even close. While Tipp was in the CBC all I heard on here was how weak that league was, how Tipp was the ‘big fish in a small pond’ and how Tipp could never compete with the “big boys” yet since the MVL began Tipp has found more success than they ever had in the CBC. We are in a constant state of overachieving and being underestimated, I think that finally will be coming to an end with this seasons results. But now Tipp is in a league where they are the smallest school enrollment wise and yet they are so much better than everyone except one other program. It would be nice if Tipp faced stiffer competition throughout the regular season but it’s just a situation where as a program, the culture and success is so good for a D3 school that we would be head and shoulders above just about everyone else in any leagues with similar sized schools (CBC, SWBL East) and even leagues with slightly bigger/bigger schools (MVL). Yet as a D3 program we cannot compete with the D1 schools (GWOC).

I am genuinely wondering if there are any other examples of a school that is the smallest enrollment wise in their conference, winning the conference title in every single sport in the same season.

I am genuinely wondering if there are any other examples of a school that is the smallest enrollment wise in their conference, winning the conference title in every single sport in the same season.
I know one that includes a lot of loud mouth arrogant bass wholes. There is one north of I-70 in Dayton. Their school board is the laughing stock of the state. They are very good at Sports. I forget the name I think it's ToperRowboat or something.

Probably not because Tipp is so unique, so great, so awesome. What a truly awesome community and school district. Butler and Troy better watch out, I would assume people are exiting en masse to try to get to such an awesome city with a such a superb football program and a trophy case full of fall sports titles. Tipp "Title Town" City!

I'm just grateful Sidney is in the same conference so once or twice a year I can travel to Tipp City and see such an awesome city and school.