MVL 2022

50 kids out at Troy? huh? What is the deal with young people these days? 31 at Sidney? Tipp has built a winning tradition and that increases participation. How many do other schools have out this season?

Well said Coach Doenges. Piqua the favorite by far, the rest of the league should be competitive with each other,depending on injuries and matchups. How's the participation numbers at other MVL schools and will everyone have a freshman team?

Well said Coach Doenges. Piqua the favorite by far, the rest of the league should be competitive with each other,depending on injuries and matchups. How's the participation numbers at other MVL schools and will everyone have a freshman team?
Tipp has over 90 kids 9-12 and will have a big freshman team

If I was make predictions for each conference for this year, Id feel most confident in MVL. Seems pretty clear cut

1. Piqua
2. Tipp
3. Troy

4. Stebbins
5. Sidney
6. Xenia

7. Fairborn
8. Greenville
9. Butler
10. West Carrolton

If I was make predictions for each conference for this year, Id feel most confident in MVL. Seems pretty clear cut

1. Piqua
2. Tipp
3. Troy

4. Stebbins
5. Sidney
6. Xenia

7. Fairborn
8. Greenville
9. Butler
10. West Carrolton
i could see Butler being in the 5-6 range. Cates is an outstanding coach and if they show some improvement they will be pretty competitive

1. Piqua
2. Tipp
3. Troy

4. Stebbins
5. Sidney
6. Xenia

7. Fairborn
8. Greenville
9. Butler
10. West Carrolton
Tipp may be playing several road games. Wonder if that will have any impact.

Tipp may be playing several road games. Wonder if that will have any impact.
It can only help. They get used to the road and the playoffs get a little easier. Tipp could end up with a stellar season. They certainly have the talent and coaching to be elite in this area.

Butler has around 100 kids out for the team. This shows that what I was saying a few years earlier was true. Cates is a great person and coach so kids are coming back out for football. Two coaches before him almost destroyed the program.

The team looks solid this summer. 7 on 7 has been good but havent played great teams. First game against Northmont will be tough but then following games could be some wins. Tipp lost everyone but will still be good. Piqua is the best team. Everyone else is beatable.

Fairborn, Sidney, Xenia, W.C. , greenville are five I can see them winning easily this year. Steal one from Northmont or Troy.

Northmont isn’t in the MVL. They are still in the GWOC. I believe Butler plays them Week 1 non-conference.

With good numbers, Butler could be competitive this year. Maybe they get 6 to 7 wins.
6 to 7? Who are you predicting wins against? Looking at the schedule I’d say 3-4 max.
Fairborn, Sidney, Xenia, W.C. , greenville are five I can see them winning easily this year. Steal one from Northmont or Troy.

"Easily" beating them? They lost to Xenia last year and Xenia returns their core... Lost to Sidney and didn't score a point. I definitely don't see them winning that game. The Greenville win was only 13-0...West Carrollton and Fairborn both have new staffs and could be better.

Interesting take.

According to the MVL site, Piqua with 66 players,Sidney with 59,Fairborn with 44,none listing freshman on roster.

Northmont isn’t in the MVL. They are still in the GWOC. I believe Butler plays them Week 1 non-conference.
Butler and Northmont were tied at zero at half... Butler will have to steal it.

6 to 7? Who are you predicting wins against? Looking at the schedule I’d say 3-4 max.

"Easily" beating them? They lost to Xenia last year and Xenia returns their core... Lost to Sidney and didn't score a point. I definitely don't see them winning that game. The Greenville win was only 13-0...West Carrollton and Fairborn both have new staffs and could be better.

Interesting take.
Butler is returning their QB. Cates will be in year two, and has the whole staff returning. Numbers have drastically improved from the last regime. Xenia and Butler was a shootout last year, which Butler started the game down 28-0. Sidney was nothing special last year and from posters on here, looks like they will need to run the ball. W.C. and Fairborn will be W.C and Fairborn. When was the last time they were relevant in high school football?

Butler has around 100 kids out for the team. This shows that what I was saying a few years earlier was true. Cates is a great person and coach so kids are coming back out for football. Two coaches before him almost destroyed the program.

The team looks solid this summer. 7 on 7 has been good but havent played great teams. First game against Northmont will be tough but then following games could be some wins. Tipp lost everyone but will still be good. Piqua is the best team. Everyone else is beatable.
They had quite a few great teams they had 7 on 7s with. Winton Woods, Piqua, etc. These kids will play hard and finish respectfully. Butler parents need to be patient.

It's August, so I'm finally logging back into Yappi to see how the season will go. Seems like Piqua is the team to beat again this year? But one would assume they'll be not as dominant as last year correct?