MVAC Scarlet Tier

Southeast's partial 2024 varsity football schedule is posted on Arbiter.
Fri Aug 23 vs Wickliffe City Schools
Fri Sep 13 @ Newton Falls High School
Fri Sep 20 vs Crestview High School-Columbiana
Fri Sep 27 vs Garfield HS/MS - Garrettsville
Fri Oct 4 @ Champion High School
Fri Oct 11 vs Brookfield HS/MS
Fri Oct 18 vs LaBrae High School
Fri Oct 25 @ Liberty High School

Definitely looks like they are out of the PTC

Why won't the MVAC consider Mogadore as a member? Add them and Rootstown and have a western division of Mogadore, Rootstown, Southeast, Garfield, Waterloo, Western Reserve, Newton Falls even Jackson-Milton or another.

Why won't the MVAC consider Mogadore as a member? Add them and Rootstown and have a western division of Mogadore, Rootstown, Southeast, Garfield, Waterloo, Western Reserve, Newton Falls even Jackson-Milton or another.
Because nobody wants to inherit Mogadore. Waterloo, JM, NF, and WR would not want that.

Crestview to Southeast sounds like a haul.

And you'd rather have Southeast program ( very poor football and no track facilities) really...
Listen buddy, I wholeheartedly agree with you. I would love to see Mogadore in a bigger, more sustainable league. But we both know that’s now how conference realignment works. It’s based on competition first, then enrollment.

Why would half those schools take on Mogadore, when they know they will win once every 20-25 years? Some schools wouldn’t beat Mogadore if they marched out their team mothers.

Instead, they want to inherit a more equal opponent. Those schools could compete with Southeast. As for track facilities, schools would be happy with Southeast. It means Southeast cannot host.

Listen buddy, I wholeheartedly agree with you. I would love to see Mogadore in a bigger, more sustainable league. But we both know that’s now how conference realignment works. It’s based on competition first, then enrollment.

Why would half those schools take on Mogadore, when they know they will win once every 20-25 years? Some schools wouldn’t beat Mogadore if they marched out their team mothers.

Instead, they want to inherit a more equal opponent. Those schools could compete with Southeast. As for track facilities, schools would be happy with Southeast. It means Southeast cannot host.
Well buddy....that's too bad and short sighted on the leagues part.

And you'd rather have Southeast program ( very poor football and no track facilities) really...
It might also have something to do with arrogance … all I see from Mogadore posters is how great they are and how sorry everyone else is … you guys rip on everyone in your own league and in this league … and now you are surprised that nobody wants you … and everyone in your own league is bailing at their first chance … yea, Mogadore is good … but so is Springfield … but you don’t see them banging on all the other teams. You can’t run down everyone and then turn around and think they should bow down and kiss your feet … it just doesn’t work that way.

It might also have something to do with arrogance … all I see from Mogadore posters is how great they are and how sorry everyone else is … you guys rip on everyone in your own league and in this league … and now you are surprised that nobody wants you … and everyone in your own league is bailing at their first chance … yea, Mogadore is good … but so is Springfield … but you don’t see them banging on all the other teams. You can’t run down everyone and then turn around and think they should bow down and kiss your feet … it just doesn’t work that way.
You talk of arrogance?? Haven't seen that or read it.

1 post cast a negative light on the entire program?? Really I've posted positive about the Portage County and Trail but also honestly called out those former schools who have left. 2 of them with financial situations that have caused deep cuts in programs yet increasing travel costs by switching leagues and giving up local rivalries.

Crestview to Southeast sounds like a haul.
Without looking at a map, I'd venture to say Garfield is just about the same distance if not further. And they go there already quite a bit.
Sometimes you have a school that's quite a bit away from the others, but enrollments are similar, and they can generally compete. Ex. Jefferson & Edgewood in the NE8.
Conferences these days can be fickle. Changing just like people change their underwear.
It is what it is.

1 post cast a negative light on the entire program?? Really I've posted positive about the Portage County and Trail but also honestly called out those former schools who have left. 2 of them with financial situations that have caused deep cuts in programs yet increasing travel costs by switching leagues and giving up local rivalries.
Seems like way more than one to me … might not have been you … but a Mogadore poster … I have seen numerous post where they run down a school and then turn around and can’t understand why they don’t want to be in a league with you guys … there might be a reason why nobody wants to be in the Portage County League anymore … just saying.

I am not going to get in the weeds of most of that, but the reason only 1 team was invited/is joining is because there is only 1 spot open. Adding Southeast to Gray and moving Campbell to Scarlet puts both leagues at 8, which is generally what leagues consider as 'full'.

If true, my guess would be Southeast. If Campbell is taking Sebrings spot, I can’t imagine Falls would be happy it’s not them since they’ve been vocal about wanting to get into the scarlet.
Any reason why Campbell was selected to move down and not NF or Brookfield? Seem kind of weird to me

I am not going to get in the weeds of most of that, but the reason only 1 team was invited/is joining is because there is only 1 spot open. Adding Southeast to Gray and moving Campbell to Scarlet puts both leagues at 8, which is generally what leagues consider as 'full'.
Any reason why Campbell was chosen and not someone like Brookfield or even NF?

Garrettsville Garfield was accepted into the MVAC without track facilities. Southeast not having them shouldn't be a deal breaker. I believe both have since announced that they're building tracks on their campus. There was an article in the Record-Courier.