MVAC Scarlet Tier

Fair point, but then why not move Springfield up and one of those other teams that have been struggling for years down? Champion/NF… I know it would be an undertaking but with leagues like the MVAC with tiers, why not reevaluate the tiers says every 3-5 years for competitive balance sake?
The MVAC was not built in the traditional tier sense, the leagues are operated under the same banner for administrative purposes but generally are their own separate leagues. For the most part, schools do not like constantly moving tiers as that is generally reactive and not knowing who you will be playing. Moving things around is what usually makes things unstable.

Garrettsville Garfield was accepted into the MVAC without track facilities. Southeast not having them shouldn't be a deal breaker. I believe both have since announced that they're building tracks on their campus. There was an article in the Record-Courier.
If the MVAC has been impressed with Garrettsville Garfield football stadium they will be really impressed with Ravenna Southeast too!

In 2022 likely, but that is just one year. Springfield-Brookfield have been playing for years and go back and forth. McDonald-Brookfield played from 17-21 and split the series 2-2.
The question was why Campbell and not Brookfield, one would be a doormat and the other would be normally at the top of the conference

Garrettsville Garfield was accepted into the MVAC without track facilities. Southeast not having them shouldn't be a deal breaker. I believe both have since announced that they're building tracks on their campus. There was an article in the Record-Courier.
There was an article in the Record that Southeast is putting in an all weather track this year most likely. Therefore I don't see this as an issue.

Fair point, but then why not move Springfield up and one of those other teams that have been struggling for years down? Champion/NF… I know it would be an undertaking but with leagues like the MVAC with tiers, why not reevaluate the tiers says every 3-5 years for competitive balance sake?
Springfield is going to the other tier and Newton Falls is coming to this one as well.

Because Champion gives zero cares whether their team goes 0-10 or 4-6. Football is not important there.

What schools have the top programs in the MVAC regardless of tier? I think I put Springfield #1 and Garfield #2. Than it gets interesting after that. Probably Brookfield #3, is Labrae ranked #4 despite last year?

Last edited:
Southeast is most likely getting a track and it's going to be started soon. There football program is definitely up and down. Other sports are competitive, basketball girls are usually very competitive and boys are are too. Track is usually competitive as well. This is a good move for both sides.

Bring in Mogadore and really upgrade the league. Although I don't think the MVAC would realistically consider that. But with the MVAC slowly adding former members of the PTC, why not just merge the two conferences?
Too hard to keep that many people happy. They really make decisions on what the tier needs not the whole league so they only need to appease 8 schools not 16 on issues. Letting Southeast in and moving Campbell down helped solve the sebring issue and that is why is was a big discussion

I'm curious to see how Lowellville fares this season. Last year's senior class were all four-year starters, so I wonder how if they totally fall off the map or do they at least challenge for the top of the league in 2023.

I'm curious to see how Lowellville fares this season. Last year's senior class were all four-year starters, so I wonder how if they totally fall off the map or do they at least challenge for the top of the league in 2023.
I think they’ll be competitive outside of a couple games