Mvac 2019

If WR loses against Springfield and goes 8-2 there is a good chance they do not make playoffs.

Nah, Reserve has a 89% chance of getting in if they lose to Springfield per F50. Looks like for a 8-2 WR to miss it would require Norwayne to lose at least 1, if not both their remaining games (they should win both), and for Nelsonville to beat Athens which will be tough for them.

Last edited:
Nah, Reserve has a 89% chance of getting in if they lose to Springfield per F50. Looks like for a 8-2 WR to miss it would require Norwayne to lose at least 1, if not both their remaining games (they should win both), and for Nelsonville to beat Athens which will be tough for them.
If WR loses to Springfield, projections have us @ Springfield again in week 11... "projections"
This is the week, we will see if we have the boys up front to compete.

Norwayne has a chance to make the playofffs at 5-5, not a great chance, but +30%, you can bet they are playing for it!
The WR loss to SE still hurts! Played a terrible game that night.

If WR loses to Springfield, projections have us @ Springfield again in week 11... "projections"
This is the week, we will see if we have the boys up front to compete.

Norwayne has a chance to make the playofffs at 5-5, not a great chance, but +30%, you can bet they are playing for it!
The WR loss to SE still hurts! Played a terrible game that night.

If WR loses, it seems like a virtual lock they’ll be headed back to New Middletown week 11 barring some unforeseen upsets. It’ll be an interesting game. I think the big key will be if WR can muster enough offense and keep Springfield off the field. Reserves D will do fine if they aren’t on the field all game.

I feel you about week 1 hurting. If McDonald doesn’t blow their late lead against Brookfield they’d be in line to host week 11, instead looks like we’ll be traveling to Cuyahoga Heights or Lucas

If WR loses, it seems like a virtual lock they’ll be headed back to New Middletown week 11 barring some unforeseen upsets. It’ll be an interesting game. I think the big key will be if WR can muster enough offense and keep Springfield off the field. Reserves D will do fine if they aren’t on the field all game.

I feel you about week 1 hurting. If McDonald doesn’t blow their late lead against Brookfield they’d be in line to host week 11, instead looks like we’ll be traveling to Cuyahoga Heights or Lucas
Heights or Lucas, tough teams to play...

I am curious if coach Hake keeps playing lineman 1-way or if more play both ways on Friday. We have enough of them to keep most from playing both ways, which really helps in the 2nd half, if the game is still close. They probably try it the first couple series, if we are hanging in there, go with it, if get behind, throw the best you have both ways. WR doesn't have the "stud" you typically find in the skill positions but have plenty of kids who can carry the rock, 8 different kids scored on Lowellville. Not to say Henning isn't a "stud", in the open field, he is very shifty, and can flat out fly, he is a little small to break tackles.

Preview for the big matchup on Friday.

Although the first line of the article isn’t completely correct, as the conference championship is not fully on the line this week. If Springfield wins, McDonald could force a 3-way split like in 2017 by beating the Tigers in week 10, although unlikely to happen.
It was rude to McDonald, hope it fires up your boys for week 10!
Should be Game of the Week, WR vs Springfield, its gotta be ratings / $$$$$ why its Mooney & Ursuline.

It was rude to McDonald, hope it fires up your boys for week 10!
Should be Game of the Week, WR vs Springfield, its gotta be ratings / $$$$$ why its Mooney & Ursuline.

It was likely an oversight, and I guess being technical it would clinch at least a share. I’m not sure if McDonald has enough to pull a week 10 upset, but we’ll learn a bit about Springfield this week, they haven’t played a competitive game since early September and crazier things have happened.

I agree it should be GOTW, or Hubbard-Poland. Same thing happened last year and it’s certainly $. Oh well, should be a great game and atmosphere in NM Friday

Springfield is the real deal! I dont see much of any weakness anywhere. They have fast athletes all over the field, great line play, and good special teams.

Well your Blue Devils may have to a chance at taking down that monster again in 2 weeks.

McDonald handled Lowellville easily 48-12. They’ll host Springfield next week. Definitely gonna need to play their best game and get a few breaks if they want to keep it close. Will be a good prep for the post season

Well your Blue Devils may have to a chance at taking down that monster again in 2 weeks.

McDonald handled Lowellville easily 48-12. They’ll host Springfield next week. Definitely gonna need to play their best game and get a few breaks if they want to keep it close. Will be a good prep for the post season
We will show up in week 11 but dont see being anywhere close. Our 2 scores were on a 60+ yard run and a bomb pass that was a spectacular catch in the endzone. Springfield looks like a legitimate #1 seed and has beaten many quality teams this year. If we can't pull of a massive upset in week 11 I hope they go all the way.

We will show up in week 11 but dont see being anywhere close. Our 2 scores were on a 60+ yard run and a bomb pass that was a spectacular catch in the endzone. Springfield looks like a legitimate #1 seed and has beaten many quality teams this year. If we can't pull of a massive upset in week 11 I hope they go all the way.

Agree, I’ll be rooting on any MVAC team to go far. Would’ve been nice if WR was gonna play someone else but the week 11 rematch looks pretty certain unless there’s an upset

Week 9 scoreboard:

Springfield- 35
Western Reserve- 14

McDonald- 48
Lowellville- 12

Mineral Ridge- 40
Sebring- 28

Jackson-Milton- 42
Waterloo- 40

Standings:
1- Springfield 9-0 (6-0)
T2- Western Reserve 7-2 (5-1)
T2- McDonald 6-3 (5-2)
4- Lowellville 6-3 (3-3)
T5- Mineral Ridge 5-4 (2-4)
T5- Waterloo 2-7 (2-4)
7- Jackson-Milton 4-5 (1-5)
8- Sebring 2-7 (0-6)

Springfield has clinched a home game in R21 and McDonald is in in R25. WR isn’t a lock yet in R21 but pretty close. Lowellville is still in the mix for the last playoff spot in R25.

Springfield has won at least a share of the league title, and can win it outright by winning next week. McDonald can force a 3 way share (ala 2017) by pulling the upset.

Springfield up 24-7 at half. McDonald has been able to move the ball decently, and had a dropped td pass, but Springfield’s offense is a machine.

Final MVAC standings:

1: Springfield 10-0 (7-0)
2: Western Reserve 8-2 (6-1)
3: McDonald 6-4 (5-2)
T4: Lowellville 6-4 (3-4)
T4: Waterloo 3-7 (3-4)
T6: Mineral Ridge 5-5 (2-5)
T6: Jackson Milton 5-5 (2-5)
8: Sebring 2-8 (0-7)

MVAC playoff matchups:
11/1
Western Reserve at Springfield

11/2
McDonald at Lucas

Has the all conference teams been picked yet have not seen anything

From looking around I can find some posts from individual schools on November 8 celebrating their players who made it but I can’t find a full list.

However, here is who was honored with NE Ohio inland:

Waterloo (D5)
2nd team
End- Kyle Shockley, jr
Honorable mention:
Cody Stump
Bobby Makin
Brad Bragg
Caleb Francis
Logan Robinson

Springfield (D6)
Sean Guerriero co-coach of year
1st team
End- Garrett Walker, sr
QB- Beau Brungard, so
K- Clayton Medvec, sr
2nd team
OL- Brady Brungard, jr
OL- Corey Hatton, sr
LB- David Duvall, sr
Honorable mention
Evan Ohlin

Western Reserve (D6)
2nd team
End- Todd Henning, sr
DB- Jimmy Mayberry, sr
Honorable mention
Christian Rowley
Lucky Kiesewetter
Josh Miller

Mineral Ridge (D6)
2nd team
QB- Dakota Edwards, sr
Honorable mention
Evan Erb

McDonald (D7)
1st team
End- Cameron Tucker, sr
OL- Greg Merdich, jr
OL- Hunter McCombs, jr
QB- Dominic Schadl, jr
LB- Nathan Gilligan, so
LB- Riley Lewis, sr

Jackson-Milton (D7)
1st team
OL- Logan Pugh, jr
RB- Sean Lengyel, jr

Lowellville (D7)
1st team
LB- Michael Donatelli, sr
Honorable mention
Vinny Ballone
Vinny Kasir

Sebring (D7)
Honorable mention
Zane Peterson
Carson Rouse

Well I’d imagine everyone from MVAC land is pulling hard for Springfield. I know playing the tigers week 10 was a great prep for McDonald and a big reason we took D7 finalist Lucas to OT.

I think Springfield is an underdog for the first time this playoff, Anna’s resume is extremely impressive. That doesn’t mean Springfield can’t win, and I’ll be pulling hard for them. Coach Guerrero runs a great and classy program and deserves this success. That said, even if they come up short, I actually think next year might be the “year” for the tigers, so much talent coming back.

Bit of a bummer day to be a tiger fan. I think they’ll fantastic next year as well, with so much talent returning. They had such a phenomenal, history making season though so I hope they remember that.