Mooney vs Akron North and Buchtel vs GlenOak: Double header Saturday @ Buchtel

North Viking

Why?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Griff fans :help:

Thoughts and predictions. Two running clock games? North kickoff scheduled for 10:30 AM. Whole thing over before 1 PM?!?

Go North! Shock the world haha

As for Buchtel, I know nothing about them other than they're 1-1. I know nothing about their week 1 opponent and it looks like Hoban has a team this year. How do they stack against GO? Can someone clue me in on this matchup?

Why?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Griff fans :help:

Thoughts and predictions. Two running clock games? North kickoff scheduled for 10:30 AM. Whole thing over before 1 PM?!?

Let's see....another big game for the Griffs, so it is easy to predict. They will play a lousy first half, throw the ball away, make costly errors, and come back in the second half, but still lose. See it way TOO many times. Hopefully, they can muster up an offense within the next week to score some points??

As for the North game? Only the band and football players should be there for moral support. It may be too gruesome for others to watch!
Buchtel beat Cleveland Heights, who surprisingly gave Warren Harding a good game last night but lost by 8

Mooney will beat North by 60 points and if they don't it is only because Mooney took pity on them and played all Sophomores in the second half. I don't mean to talk down to North but the disparity in quality between these two programs is simply too great.

For between game, or post game snarf I recommend BarBQ Boss on Copley Rd a couple blocks from Buchtel. It offers some tasty Q. Then head over to Infocisions to watch the Zips beat Pitt

Who is the irresponsible person who scheduled the Akron North vs Mooney game?

After what happened to the Mooney locker room when they last played Buchtel, I'm confused why they would ever go back to their field.

If you're going to beat GlenOak you better be able to stop the run. They're big, strong and fast.

Damn. North was actually fairly competitive back in the late eighties when I played at Firestone. They simply don't have the numbers to compete anymore.

Would take a few drinks maybe at Ray's in Fairlawn or somewhere else in that area and I could break down North's situation. Unique. Enrollment is up with most being immigrants from Asia (more specifically the Indian sub-continent) and Latin America (many but not all Mexicans). 40 kids on the varsity soccer team. They have a JV team. They also have a girls soccer team. I believe less than 30 on the football team.

North doesn't have a frosh team. You enjoy making crap up? Go to Knitting Night with DB and the gang. :soapbox:

I think he meant Mooney 9th graders versus Norths varsity

Coach Fecko will sub early and often Especially if it's going to be very warm. I can't see a Smithville type score unless it's special teams and defensive returns

North doesn't have a frosh team. You enjoy making crap up? Go to Knitting Night with DB and the gang. :soapbox:

Nupanther was correct, I did mean Mooney freshmen vs North varsity.

Akron North is officially the worst team in the history of Ohio High school football.

The moron (on the Akron North side) who scheduled this game should be made to stand behind a frightened horse to see what the North kids are about to experience.

I agree the game should never had been scheduled. Not a bad idea about the North coach and the horse.

North will beat Kenmore. There have been worse teams at East and the now defunct Central-Hower.

Thank you jimmyohio75
I thought Akron Buchtel played all there home games at
InfoCision Stadium? If not, can you help me with the locations?
Can't seem to find an address online..

take 76 east to Copley rd turn right . the school will be down the road on the left. fyi not in the best neighborhood so don't leave any thing valuable in your car. hope for nice weather or the field will be a mess

take 76 east to Copley rd turn right . the school will be down the road on the left. fyi not in the best neighborhood so don't leave any thing valuable in your car. hope for nice weather or the field will be a mess

True but go north a fee blocks and beautiful homes. Also many streets west and north of Buchtel have well kept homes. Going east another story!

If we are all to take North to task for scheduling the game, shouldn't we also question Mooney?

Yes. It seems that Mooney was scheduled to play Buchtel and Coach Powers conjured up this double header delight. I believe at the time Mooney only had 9 games so perhaps they went with the flow.

This is a critical game for Buchtel and perhaps GlenOak. I'm curious if GO will dominate the trenches like they did against Massillon. Will the Eagles be forced to throw? Will Buchtel find a QB? Will their O line block anybody? Will the Griffs have an offense at all?

Last edited:
This is a critical game for Buchtel and perhaps GlenOak. I'm curious if GO will dominate the trenches like they did against Massillon. Will they Eagles be forced to throw? Will Buchtel find a QB? Will their O line block anybody? Will the Griffs have an offense at all?

I was very surprised at how bad the Buchtel O line actually is. They didn't block anyone. Granted Hoban has some super studs on defense like Jacob Kepler, Marc Westover and Daeshown Coppinger but damn, these guys were in the backfield before Pyrce Taylor even got the snap. :(