Midwest Athletic Conference 2023

Who Wins The MAC in 2023?

• Total voters
@IndianaBanana can I shoehorn a 3rd straight state trip? Most likely another runner up finish next Friday.
73b14578-cab3-4735-bf61-9457c724a608_text.gif

Marion Local fans, we will do our best to knock off Indy Lutheran. They seem to just upgrade every year when they replace their seniors, with bigger, faster, & stronger kids than the prior year. Believe their OL & DL are averaging around 300+ lbs. We are just stuck with who we have. Hopefully we can overcome the odds and pull out an upset like Coldwater did in 2007.

Marion Local fans, we will do our best to knock off Indy Lutheran. They seem to just upgrade every year when they replace their seniors, with bigger, faster, & stronger kids than the prior year. Believe their OL & DL are averaging around 300+ lbs. We are just stuck with who we have. Hopefully we can overcome the odds and pull out an upset like Coldwater did in 2007.
The Marion faithful will be cheering on Adams Central this Friday

Time to turn the page for Parkway football. Who will take on that challenge?
It would have to be somebody that's oblivious to the situation entirely. The interest was basically non existent last year and I expect it to be worse this go around if that's possible. I wish the optimist in me would have a different prediction however the facts are this:

The current black eye on the program​
Guaranteed 6 losses per year when looking at your schedule​
In those 6 losses, 5 of them will be by 35+​
Roster is as bad as it's been in 10+ years​
The only hope is the 7th grade class but in typical fashion isn't behind or followed by a strong class​
No tradition (The early 70's are 50 years ago)​
Horrible Administration​
Zero morale throughout the school​
School board that's in flux​
Community that doesn't allow kids to be coached hard​

Can't help but feel bad for Parkway but at the same time, what the H is going on over there that things like this keep happening to them?! Someone open a portal about 30 years ago or what?
I may have to bookmark this post...

It would have to be somebody that's oblivious to the situation entirely. The interest was basically non existent last year and I expect it to be worse this go around if that's possible. I wish the optimist in me would have a different prediction however the facts are this:

The current black eye on the program​
Guaranteed 6 losses per year when looking at your schedule​
In those 6 losses, 5 of them will be by 35+​
Roster is as bad as it's been in 10+ years​
The only hope is the 7th grade class but in typical fashion isn't behind or followed by a strong class​
No tradition (The early 70's are 50 years ago)​
Horrible Administration​
Zero morale throughout the school​
School board that's in flux​
Community that doesn't allow kids to be coached hard​
None of that would discourage me personally except the last point. That would be non negotiable. Luckily I do not have a resume or enough experience at a higher level to even entertain that thought. Really it's hard to do much worse than prior seasons though.

I don't know what they want, but I'll tell you right now what type of coach they'll hire. If you had zero coaching background and went into the interview and said these three things over and over again, you'd be a finalist for the job.

"We're really going to put a lot of focus on the weight room. This program needs to get bigger, faster, and stronger."

"We need to recruit the hallways. Get numbers up. There are plenty of guys that should be playing football that aren't. We need to find out why and get them on the team."

"I don't care what your last name is. The best players will play."
Lol some of us should test this out!

Was poking around Arbiter today, and saw the Minster - Fort Loramie Week 1 game for next season is listed as canceled. Most of Fort Loramie's games were (due to their move to the NWC, I am sure), but that one surprised me (their Week 2 game against Versailles was still listed as happening).

Any idea if it is true? Also, does anyone know if next year's schedule has been released yet? I do not know what tweaks the AD's have made to the system, but my rough calculations show the following teams will not play the next two years:
#1 Marion Local - #10 Parkway
#2 Coldwater - #8/9 Fort Recovery or #8/9 St. Henry
#3 Versailles - #8/9 Fort Recovery or #8/9 St. Henry
#4 Minster - #7 Delphos St. John's
#5 New Bremen - #6 Anna

Was poking around Arbiter today, and saw the Minster - Fort Loramie Week 1 game for next season is listed as canceled. Most of Fort Loramie's games were (due to their move to the NWC, I am sure), but that one surprised me (their Week 2 game against Versailles was still listed as happening).

Any idea if it is true? Also, does anyone know if next year's schedule has been released yet? I do not know what tweaks the AD's have made to the system, but my rough calculations show the following teams will not play the next two years:
#5 New Bremen - #6 Anna
Would be a shame St Henry and Coldwater not playing. Tigers and Ft Rec just missed each other the past 2, it would be wild to do another 2.

Sounds odd. The NWC has non-league weeks 1-3. It was my understanding that LCC and Fort Loramie were going to fill Ada and Leipsic’s spots on the schedule so the league doesn’t have to completely redo the schedule. When Paulding left, Leipsic filled that spot. The NWC has two matchups that are always week 10 protected, Grove/Bluffton and Jefferson/Spencerville.

#5 New Bremen - #6 Anna
wouldn't we still be on the 2nd year of that..for next year? so Minster wouldn't play Coldwater again?

#5 New Bremen - #6 Anna
For fun, if the league were to “protect” a rivalry game or 2, who would you see every bodies protection being? Obviously st Henry coldwater, minster new Bremen, Versailles Marion

but I’d like to think Ft rec views St Henry as their top rival and Anna views Minster that way

Would be a shame St Henry and Coldwater not playing. Tigers and Ft Rec just missed each other the past 2, it would be wild to do another 2.
Yeah, It would be, but I would rather have this set up than playing 9 league games, or some sort of two divisions and cross over games and garbage like that.

I do not know what tweaks the AD's have made to the system, but my rough calculations show the following teams will not play the next two years:
#5 New Bremen - #6 Anna

This "system" seems to be working out very well. Minster struggled for a bit and didn't have to play Coldwater the last two seasons and that helps get a team back over the hump. I see SH having a bit of that "luck" coming their way as well with not having to play either Ver or CW while they are also looking to be a team on the rise. Well thought out plan, kudos to the AD's that put this together.

#5 New Bremen - #6 Anna
Unless my memory is bad and it very well could be, I believe that Marion has not played Parkway the last 2 years so they would be on the schedule again next year.