Midwest Athletic Conference 2023

Who Wins The MAC in 2023?

• Total voters
What I DONT want is a quagmire where we add team(s) and go to two divisions and have forced 'crossover' games that do not mean anything in the league standings but may not necessarily be in your best interest, competitively or with harbins.

If we should ever go to more teams, 2 divisions with 1 OOC game, then you are doing some cross over games and often times they may not work out well points wise as games in the same league can be a .500 proposition as an end result as each week a league team has to win, and lose.

I would much rather prefer seeing 2 OOC games, and find teams that are going to help you in more ways than one

What I DONT want is a quagmire where we add team(s) and go to two divisions and have forced 'crossover' games that do not mean anything in the league standings but may not necessarily be in your best interest, competitively or with harbins.

If we should ever go to more teams, 2 divisions with 1 OOC game, then you are doing some cross over games and often times they may not work out well points wise as games in the same league can be a .500 proposition as an end result as each week a league team has to win, and lose.

I would much rather prefer seeing 2 OOC games, and find teams that are going to help you in more ways than one
You wouldn't have computer points by then. You'd be only playing for seeding of an all in tournament.

Sounds like Minster has picked up a Week 2 opponent. Will be traveling to Columbus Africentric in 2024 and hosting them in 2025. Africentric went 7-4 in 2023 in D5. Minster's schedule will be a touch off with 4 home games in 2024 and 6 home games in 2025.

Also, saw the official list of which MAC teams are not playing each other the next two seasons. Don't remember if this has already been posted:

Marion Local will not play Parkway
Coldwater will not play St. Henry
Versailles will not play Ft. Recovery
Minster will not play St. John's
New Bremen will not play Anna

Sounds like Minster has picked up a Week 2 opponent. Will be traveling to Columbus Africentric in 2024 and hosting them in 2025. Africentric went 7-4 in 2023 in D5. Minster's schedule will be a touch off with 4 home games in 2024 and 6 home games in 2025.

Also, saw the official list of which MAC teams are not playing each other the next two seasons. Don't remember if this has already been posted:

Interesting.

Too bad CW and SH wont play, but I would rather have it this way than 9 conference games.....

CW ducking SH as Redskins will be a powerhouse the next 2 years. This past year ducked an 8-2 Minster, 21 ducked a 9-1 D6 state champ Versailles, no wonder why you don't want to play 9 conference games.
No doubt!
Just wanted to play a team we can beat the last two years like Bellefontaine and Clinton Massie the next 2.
If only we could ditch Marion Local as well!

In all seriousness though, from what i remember of Clinton Massie that should be a good measuring stick for CW against a style CW always have problems with. Maybe they use that game to try a few things to get them ready for the St13ners, and if they are fortunate enough to make the playoffs, a LC team.
I could see a 5-5 record with losses to Valley View, Clinton Masssie, MSML, Versailles and Minster so the playoff streak of 27 years is in jeopardy next year

Last edited:
No doubt!
Just wanted to play a team we can beat the last two years like Bellefontaine and Clinton Massie the next 2.
If only we could ditch Marion Local as well!

In all seriousness though, from what i remember of Clinton Massie that should be a good measuring stick for CW against a style CW always have problems with. Maybe they use that game to try a few things to get them ready for the St13ners, and if they are fortunate enough to make the playoffs, a LC team.
I could see a 5-5 record with losses to Valley View, Clinton Masssie, MSML, Versailles and Minster so the playoff streak of 27 years is in jeopardy next year
5-5 would likely still be top 16 in region. Lucky for the streak.

Tell you what folks....we have a few QBs in the MAC this yr who are better passes than these two jokers in the D2 final.
Wow
Don’t be silly. They’re also playing against D2 speed. Massillon’s quarterback in particular has had some impressive runs.

Tell you what folks....we have a few QBs in the MAC this yr who are better passes than these two jokers in the D2 final.
Wow
Want to watch good QB play for the most part you don't want to watch Ohio HS. State championship games, these teams make it this far by running the football and defense. Throwing the football is not an option with most of these teams.

Want to watch good QB play for the most part you don't want to watch Ohio HS. State championship games, these teams make it this far by running the football and defense. Throwing the football is not an option with most of these teams.
Absolutely...running is paramount to a title. Both these teams avg about 10 passes per game assuming these two have almost all their attempts. I just expect a QB in the adult divisions to at least be able to deliver a good ball even if they don't throw often.

Absolutely...running is paramount to a title. Both these teams avg about 10 passes per game assuming these two have almost all their attempts. I just expect a QB in the adult divisions to at least be able to deliver a good ball even if they don't throw often.
You expect too much last year I think Hoban had a neg. 3 yds. passing vs TCC in the D2 title game.

Afrocentric openers the 2024 season at West Jefferson. I believe Afrocentric will have a Senior defensive player who has a few D1 offers.

I get it ...two tough defenses but both offenses just continued to do the same things over and over again and showed zero ability to adapt and try something to exploit a weakness.
They couldn't even and barely tried anything outside.

Great talent on both teams with all the D1 offers but....just didn't seem like great teams ..just great collection of talent if that makes any sense...
D2 game was not well pla

I get it ...two tough defenses but both offenses just continued to do the same things over and over again and showed zero ability to adapt and try something to exploit a weakness.
They couldn't even and barely tried anything outside.

Great talent on both teams with all the D1 offers but....just didn't seem like great teams ..just great collection of talent if that makes any sense...
All Star teams that rely on talent esp. Hoban.

Rise and shine campers....it's game day.
Goodluck to the MAC. Let's hope fate isn't on our opponents side this weekend like it was for mass last.nigjht.

Go get em tigers and flyers