St. Henry @ Covington
Parkway @ Crestview
Minster @ Fort Loramie
Anna @ Indian Lake
Versailles @ Celina
Elida @ DSJ
Marion Local @ Indian Hill
New Bremen @ Patrick Henry

Kenton (not sure about Coldwater's defense. Definitely not the Coldwater defense of old in recent seasons also will see how new QB is)
Fort Recovery (Running clock. Offensively, Fort Recovery has best QB in the league and should be explosive)
Covington(not sure what St Henry has coming back)
Parkway (think they return enough to be competitive this year and think Henkle is doing a good job there)
Fort Loramie (return QB and good amount of talent. Always a good game)
Anna (lost a lot but still think Anna can be competitive again)
Versailles (Coin flip. Both programs struggling)
DSJ (same summary as my Versailles/Celina matchup)
Marion Local (heavy favorites again in D7 and return a lot I believe. Should be a great game though)
New Bremen (think this is the year they make a deep run in playoffs. Definitely rooting for them this year to make a push. Schmidt has done an unbelievable job there.)

Let's do a very early week one "pick 'em"

Coldwater @ Kenton
Fort Recovery @ Lehman Catholic
St. Henry @ Covington
Parkway @ Crestview
Minster @ Fort Loramie
Anna @ Indian Lake
Versailles @ Celina
Elida @ DSJ
Coldwater - Kenton needs to impress me. Their O-line wasnt great last year

Fort Recovery- Running clock

Covington- St Hank is still young

Crestview- Nick Hawk will be hard to replace

Fort Loramie- might be the best team FL has ever had.

Anna- Even matchup

Versailles- I think Versailles has a good junior class

Elida- coin flip

Marion Local- should be a lot of points scored by both teams.

New Bremen- probably New Bremen's best team they've had

No ones replacing your pickem basement.

Last edited:
Let's do a very early week one "pick 'em"

Coldwater @ Kenton
Fort Recovery @ Lehman Catholic
St. Henry @ Covington
Parkway @ Crestview
Minster @ Fort Loramie
Anna @ Indian Lake
Versailles @ Celina
Elida @ DSJ
Kenton (this may be the year, but never count out coldwater)
Fort Recovery
Covington
Parkway (coin flip)
Fort Loramie (best team they’ve had)
Anna (state championship momentum)
Versailles
Elida
Marion Local
New Bremen

Anna loses a TON, no doubt about that, and I have not heard much good from the lower levels, however the Rockets are playing Indian Lake who graduated a top notch QB and their best WR along with much of their talent.

If Anna loses that week 1, they may go 0-10.

Anna loses a TON, no doubt about that, and I have not heard much good from the lower levels, however the Rockets are playing Indian Lake who graduated a top notch QB and their best WR along with much of their talent.

it’s hard to believe a state champion would drop off THAT much. i would at least assume 3-7

0-10 would be extreme. Wouldn't be surprised to see a losing record but definitely not winless. I'd say at the very worst 3-7 like GHS said with wins over IL, Parkway, and St Henry. Maybe even a toss up with Versailles. Another close one might be Fort Recovery. That being said, if they do lose to Indian Lake, then my prediction goes out the door.

Last edited:
Ohio's winner, Minster, has the lowest point total on the list. That seems to indicate Ohio has its titles in various sports spread around moreso than every other state.
What do the point totals following the school represent?

Ohio's winner, Minster, has the lowest point total on the list. That seems to indicate Ohio has its titles in various sports spread around moreso than every other state.

That's what make Ohio sports great, especially on the Western side of the state. You can have schools that aren't worth anything in football, but make deep basketball runs, or vice versa. With the exception of the MAC taking over football, our area has been very well represented by many different schools in all sports at the state level

Rumor I've heard around town today from what seems to be reliable sources sounds like Baseball will be played this fall, and football in the spring. For football they are saying 6 game conference schedule afterwards every team enters the tournament. Sorry if this has been discussed already, I haven't stopped in a while.

Great article, but if there's 2,300 people living in Maria Stein, I weigh 14 pounds.

Great article, but if there's 2,300 people living in Maria Stein, I weigh 14 pounds.
Yeah that's pretty suspect. Wiki doesn't have a population indicated for Maria Stein. And I found where the author got his info from, point2home.com.
Same place that says Fort Recovery, Ohio has 10,303 residence.

Like, excuse me, what!?
Man-Blinking-Eyes-GIF.gif