Midwest Athletic Conference 2020

If you want to debate best passer in the league ok, but there is no one better than the Hayes kid from New Bremen at Quarterback. I am pretty sure that is going to be a difficult attack to game plan for. I know MSML JV QB was impressive last year, shifty, ran the offense very effectively; exactly what you would expect from Goodwin. The kid from Parkway is also impressive, but he is not going to have much around him. Schmitz has potential, we have been hearing that for three years now, but it needs to translate into some W’s. Coldwater and Minster will both have good offensive attacks, as stated on here many times it’s as much about the coach as it is the players, though Anna may test that theory this year.

StateChampion2012

If you want to debate best passer in the league ok, but there is no one better than the Hayes kid from New Bremen at Quarterback. I am pretty sure that is going to be a difficult attack to game plan for. I know MSML JV QB was impressive last year, shifty, ran the offense very effectively; exactly what you would expect from Goodwin. The kid from Parkway is also impressive, but he is not going to have much around him. Schmitz has potential, we have been hearing that for three years now, but it needs to translate into some W’s. Coldwater and Minster will both have good offensive attacks, as stated on here many times it’s as much about the coach as it is the players, though Anna may test that theory this year.
I dont disagree when it comes to Hayes. The kid is special and this years New Bremen team is special.

I've been saying for awhile that Blasingame will be one to watch and I hope he proves me correct.

Eli Rich and Parkway had a pretty good year. Coach Henkle did what I hope every 1st year coach does and that is find an offense that benefits the kids in the program. I think he did that. The big question is who will replace Nick Hawk.

bigkat

I dont disagree when it comes to Hayes. The kid is special and this years New Bremen team is special.

I've been saying for awhile that Blasingame will be one to watch and I hope he proves me correct.

Eli Rich and Parkway had a pretty good year. Coach Henkle did what I hope every 1st year coach does and that is find an offense that benefits the kids in the program. I think he did that. The big question is who will replace Nick Hawk.
I thought the PARK had a young RB that was pretty good last year.......

some pretty good RB's in the league need to be replaced too..... Huelskamp from ANNA had a ton of yards and TD's, Schmitmeyer for the CATS had over 1,500 yards and 20 TD's, Hawk with Parkway had 950 some yards, the FORT had a pretty good senior? St Johns had one too....

Last edited:

thavoice

Maybe this is old news but according to Arbiter Marion Local picked up a 2 year deal with McComb starting next year. As for this year it looks like the Flyers will be playing a 9 game season if their is a season.
There WILL be a season.

Mcomb will be getting MSML at a good time, they are supposed to be really down in 21-22...

cavfan1973

I think you have to say that Marion is the Favorite in the MAC this year. They return quite a few on both sides and well they
just seem to always make it work. Until I see otherwise I believe they will be State Champs again. I also believe Coldwater could
be really good. Blasingame will be a 3 year starter on both sides. Tobe at Left Tackle will be 3 year starter. Plus quite a few will be 2 year starters. So experience is there.
Speed is not in question either. Skill positions are full of speed with McKibben, Blasingame brothers, Schwieterman, Fullenkamp, Knapke, Etc. Will be interesting how it plays out. Defensively, I would say we are going to be improved. McKibben, Blasingame, Siefring Hartings, Muhlenkamp and Tobe return.
Fort Recovery is the darkhorse. They have a bunch of guys with a load of experience. If they get going they could really good.
New Bremen should be really solid. Lots of returnees. They will most likely be a difficult matchup for everyone.
Minster I would say may take a hit. Heard that a couple starters aren't coming back out. Could be a rumor though.
Versailles should be much better and I think they will be.
Parkway I see continuing to improve.
Delphos I really don't know much about.
St. Henry looks like they may struggle a bit.
Anna is going to have a down year. Losing around 20 starters I believe.

StateChampion2012

I think you have to say that Marion is the Favorite in the MAC this year. They return quite a few on both sides and well they
just seem to always make it work. Until I see otherwise I believe they will be State Champs again. I also believe Coldwater could
be really good. Blasingame will be a 3 year starter on both sides. Tobe at Left Tackle will be 3 year starter. Plus quite a few will be 2 year starters. So experience is there.
Speed is not in question either. Skill positions are full of speed with McKibben, Blasingame brothers, Schwieterman, Fullenkamp, Knapke, Etc. Will be interesting how it plays out. Defensively, I would say we are going to be improved. McKibben, Blasingame, Siefring Hartings, Muhlenkamp and Tobe return.
Fort Recovery is the darkhorse. They have a bunch of guys with a load of experience. If they get going they could really good.
New Bremen should be really solid. Lots of returnees. They will most likely be a difficult matchup for everyone.
Minster I would say may take a hit. Heard that a couple starters aren't coming back out. Could be a rumor though.
The thing that worries me offensive wise is having to replace the entire right side of our line. Everything else is stacked O wise! Returning Nolan Tobe and Josh Kaup to block for Myles's blindside should help immensely. I assume that Blake Siefring will probably be playing Right guard. Have you heard anything else as far as line play is concerned?

cavfan1973

It seems the last few years the coaches were trying to have mostly 1 way offensive and defensive line players. I really like that Idea if you have enough bodies and you see no noticeable dropoff in play. However, I think that guys like Tobe and Siefring needs to play both ways. I haven't heard anything about the line but I have to believe that Siefring will be added and possibly Hess. Right tackle not so sure.

StateChampion2012

It seems the last few years the coaches were trying to have mostly 1 way offensive and defensive line players. I really like that Idea if you have enough bodies and you see no noticeable dropoff in play. However, I think that guys like Tobe and Siefring needs to play both ways. I haven't heard anything about the line but I have to believe that Siefring will be added and possibly Hess. Right tackle not so sure.
Connor Adams might have the size for right tackle. We definitely need Nolan at D-End and Blake at Nose. If he steps up in camp, the Adams kid could too. There's also alot of sophomores/junior lineman that I know next to nothing about. Our line depth just isn't what it was to only go one way. I'd love if we could but its just not realistic.

thavoice

Play the best. If some kids go both ways, so be it.
They can always get other players in when needed, but go with the best, even if it's the QB.

If it was not broke, it does not need fixed.

bigkat

that is true about some Seniors from Minster not going out after being starters on last years team. With Minster also losing a Great group of Seniors last year.... some young boys will be the NEXT MAN UP......

thavoice

that is true about some Seniors from Minster not going out after being starters on last years team. With Minster also losing a Great group of Seniors last year.... some young boys will be the NEXT MAN UP......
I heard Minster will be way down this year.

bigkat

I heard Minster will be way down this year.
Lost a bunch of good seniors from last year.... and then a few boys didn't go out......tough situation, but have some tough kids and a good coaching staff..... cant have any injuries.....

bigkat

Too much time spent on baseball?
a summer when the boys from Minster needed to play a BUNCH of games, only 10 games got played, not sure what the thought process was behind the coaches decision to play so few games.....But plenty of other teams played a bunch.......

thavoice

a summer when the boys from Minster needed to play a BUNCH of games, only 10 games got played, not sure what the thought process was behind the coaches decision to play so few games.....But plenty of other teams played a bunch.......
I know CW got 16 games in.

bigkat

Minster putting in all the 'extra work' for football and not enough time? Did you year, Minster is supposed to be way down in FB this year so they need all the work they can get.
Dewine and Husted meeting with the OHSSA today....... we will see if he takes the Privilege of playing football away from the kids.....

so the KIDS have been practicing across OHIO for WEEKS, have you heard any reports a MASS breakouts of COVID in the teams?

thavoice

Dewine and Husted meeting with the OHSSA today....... we will see if he takes the Privilege of playing football away from the kids.....

so the KIDS have been practicing across OHIO for WEEKS, have you heard any reports a MASS breakouts of COVID in the teams?
Same with all the baseball tournaments.........a lot of folks there, no word on outbreaks.

It is all the bar's faults......

bigkat

Same with all the baseball tournaments.........a lot of folks there, no word on outbreaks.

It is all the bar's faults......
Minster had over 75 baseball teams for their tournament 2 weeks ago...... Wednesday thru Sunday..... havent heard any breakouts from this.... just heard a bunch of kids and parents and plenty of grandparents had FUN.....