Midwest Athletic Conference 2020

What has happened to Versailles and Del.St.Johns in football,two teams that nobody could touch back in the day, not to long ago
DSJ has had a noticeable drop in enrollment and doesnt have the athletes at the point they used to. Versailles seems to be on the upswing.

Coldwater has been streaming all events at the FB field and Palace for a few years now, from JH through HS from what I was told. There is a fee for live, but free for delayed.
CW2012 has better situational awareness on it
We call is "CaVision" but it's the NFHS thing everyone is doing. Yes it takes a subscription fee to stream it live. Delayed, voice, I actually don't know because I havent used it yet. I've been rather lucky with tickets. For those who have, is it any good? I know our AD said for the best experience, listen to WCSM along with the broadcast.

That sounds pretty much like the NFHS setup.
Should scroll up to see my response to VTJGball
I subbed to NFHS. It works for me, it really does. The only thing I'm not really a fan of that hasn't been talked about is that the automated camera can get a bit wonky and foggy at times, and the lack of customizable lower thirds/score card.
My gripes are specific and inconsequential. More along the lines of aesthetic and quality of presentation fixes I would like to see.
Also seemed to gloss over the student opportunity part.

2011. When was he in Versailles? 2013 Was his first year in Ada.

they lost 3 games in 2011, twice to CW and once to a 10-4 DSJ team.

I wanna say I recall them really getting better, and then soon after a coaching change and back down, and not they are on the up and up again.
I personally thought they were getting better under Olwin. I thought he left and went to Millbury Lake for 1 season before taking the Ada job? 2012 Versailles was coached by Adam Miller.

Those opportunities are available to students with the NFHS option. It’s up to the schools.
How? The NFHS cameras automatically track? Can't teach a student camerawork, cinematography, shot selection or composition from that. Especially if they have an interest in pursuing a career in a related field.

How? The NFHS cameras automatically track? Can't teach a student camerawork, cinematography, shot selection or composition from that. Especially if they have an interest in pursuing a career in a related field.
Sorry, I thought you meant the announcing part. You’re right, though I’m not sure many MAC schools have junior broadcasting/multimedia classes.

Sorry, I thought you meant the announcing part. You’re right, though I’m not sure many MAC schools have junior broadcasting/multimedia classes.
All good! I would like to know the answer. When I was in school our class that would be considered a broadcasting/multimedia one was nothing more than an easy grade and screw off class ran by a teacher with no experience and was only there to coach and cruise to retirement.

tenor.gif

Coldwater 51 Fort Recovery 37 - Long drawn out game
Marion Local 21 Versailles 20- Marion local is very turnover prone. 4 int's they threw tonight
New Bremen 38 Delphos SJ 6 - Not surprising.
St Henry 28 Minster 7 - Also not surprising
Anna 34 Parkway 33 - Parkway led at the end of the 3rd quarter 33-21. Did the Panthers fall asleep?

Versailles went for 2 in OT for the win. MSMl has trailed ,6 times this year. D7 is Loramie and LCC for the picking.

Notoced CW started to pull guys with 5 to go in the third and we questioned it at the time as Ft rec offense can be explosive and it nearly cost them but they had to put the stsrtes back in

I love how everyone is writing off MSML, I don’t believe they are as strong as other years, I also believe the MAC is a little more balanced than in the past. I think the thing people don’t take into account is that the Flyers get everyones A game each week. I watched the NB vs Delphos game on Youtube and Bremen didn’t play with even close to the same passion that they did against Marion and still won easily. All the MAC is doing right now is making them stronger for the playoffs. I’ll believe Loramie is better when they beat the Flyers, as long as they are pasting Bradford and Miami East without breaking a sweat I have little faith. Last year everyone says Loramie gave it away to Marion, maybe it’s the fact that the Flyers play those type of games every week, while Loramie’s starters are sitting in Al’s by halftime each week.

Versailles was impressive against ML. Qb Carson Bey was accurate with his passes, and his receivers, particularly Eli McEldowney, made some fantastic catches. Bey also ran the ball well - he was decisive in seemingly all areas and was a big reason the Tigers gave Marion such a tough game.

Marion won, as usual, because they controlled the line of scrimmage somewhat, enabling them to have a good rushing attack. But the Tigers are certainly not slouches up front themselves - Versailles has a strong team this year. It was a great game to watch.

The jv game was enjoyable as well, with the Flyers winning 26-18. Nice to see both schools with big rosters.

I love how everyone is writing off MSML, I don’t believe they are as strong as other years, I also believe the MAC is a little more balanced than in the past. I think the thing people don’t take into account is that the Flyers get everyones A game each week. I watched the NB vs Delphos game on Youtube and Bremen didn’t play with even close to the same passion that they did against Marion and still won easily. All the MAC is doing right now is making them stronger for the playoffs. I’ll believe Loramie is better when they beat the Flyers, as long as they are pasting Bradford and Miami East without breaking a sweat I have little faith. Last year everyone says Loramie gave it away to Marion, maybe it’s the fact that the Flyers play those type of games every week, while Loramie’s starters are sitting in Al’s by halftime each week.
Because this is not the typical marion team. LCCnd loramie both Beat em come play off time..

Last year at this same time, most folks would have predicted Coldwater and Anna to whip the Flyers given the way things were looking. A lot can change the next few weeks.
YOu would know this., maybe. Through three weeks, they have been behind 6 times, correct?
I venture to say many years they trailed only 1-2 times the whole season!

They likely will turn it up, but with only 6 games then the tourny I dont think they have time.

Many years I would pick MSML over The Field, this year i am picking The Field.

YOu would know this., maybe. Through three weeks, they have been behind 6 times, correct?
I venture to say many years they trailed only 1-2 times the whole season!

They likely will turn it up, but with only 6 games then the tourny I dont think they have time.

Many years I would pick MSML over The Field, this year i am picking The Field.

They have looked listless in the first half especially. It's almost as if they are totally in counterpunch mode. Just waiting for the opponent to strike first before striking back. I agree with you to some extent as of now.

ML has a jr. playing QB who was a starting cb on the varsity last season, he needs reps. The running game for some reason is non existent in the 1st half of games but comes alive in the 2nd half. The reason I like ML chances in the play offs is that most teams that ML will face in the play offs are run 1st teams with maybe FL being the exception ( more balanced ) and ML 's run defense has been outstanding this season. The Flyers are inexperienced but I think most ML fans would agree that this years team is more talented than last years team.

ML has a jr. playing QB who was a starting cb on the varsity last season, he needs reps. The running game for some reason is non existent in the 1st half of games but comes alive in the 2nd half. The reason I like ML chances in the play offs is that most teams that ML will face in the play offs are run 1st teams with maybe FL being the exception ( more balanced ) and ML 's run defense has been outstanding this season. The Flyers are inexperienced but I think most ML fans would agree that this years team is more talented than last years team.
Is that True Marion Fans, If ML is better than last year, that means Versailles is ok. I watched ML play Ft. Loramie last year. QB this year against Versailles didn't throw the ball as well, but that's just one game.

Is that True Marion Fans, If ML is better than last year, that means Versailles is ok. I watched ML play Ft. Loramie last year. QB this year against Versailles didn't throw the ball as well, but that's just one game.
It’s way too early to say ML is better than last year.

Versailles was very impressive.

Three of ML’s interceptions were inconsequential (two at the end of halves, the other on a 3rd and long bomb that was basically a punt). He’ll get better, for sure.

Just out of curiosity, how many of the MAC schools have full time athletic directors and how many of the MAC schools have ADs that also have to teach classes during the day?