Michigan will beat ohio state

GO BLUE!!!!!

1669496431370.png

Not changing that defensive alignment makes no sense. Give Michigan credit for taking advantage of it with the passing and then their line took control in the second half. Without safeties once you get beyond the line it’s wide open as they showed with the last two TD runs.

First possession. Up tempo, march down the field, touchdown.
Second possession. Slow down, march part way down the field, field goal.
And in the second half it really digressed.
tsun neutered OSU on both sides. Yes I meant neutered.

They didn't though. We did it to ourselves. Both of our lines played well. We stopped their run, and we were averaging 7 yards a carry on our runs.

Good call. As much as we watch, pay attention to the "experts" this was really a shocker. Michigan made the big plays all day long.

Are you sure Kevin Stefanski wasn't coaching the team?

They didn't though. We did it to ourselves. Both of our lines played well. We stopped their run, and we were averaging 7 yards a carry on our runs.
tsun had 252 yards rushing and a 7.2 ypc average.
No, we didn’t stop their run. In the first half, maybe.
We obviously didn’t stop their passing either.
tsun had 278 yards passing and 530 total yards.

OSU had 143 yards rushing (4.9 average), 349 yards passing, and 492 total yards.

When we got the ball, with the 25 yards of penalties, got it to 4th and 5, and punted. That told me Day had given up, and told the team he had no confidence in them. That was THE defining moment in the game. It was all tsun after that.

No, it was just the atrocious play calling.
Been watching the game for 60 years. This is the best, most complete team I have seen. Michigan should win the National title, and it will not even be close. No shame in getting beat by this team. Ohio State is still a top 5 team. Michigan 42 Georgia 21 in the final.

Been watching the game for 60 years. This is the best, most complete team I have seen. Michigan should win the National title, and it will not even be close. No shame in getting beat by this team. Ohio State is still a top 5 team. Michigan 42 Georgia 21 in the final.
Wut

OSU had 143 yards rushing (4.9 average), 349 yards passing, and 492 total yards.
IMO, it was the explosive plays that did it. Wolverines gained 360 yards on 5 plays. On the remaining 54 plays, they averaged 3.0 YPP. Don't get me wrong, as I'm not defending these gross defensive busts, but the numbers would suggest that on a down-to-down basis, it wasn't that egregious.
When we got the ball, with the 25 yards of penalties, got it to 4th and 5, and punted. That told me Day had given up, and told the team he had no confidence in them. That was THE defining moment in the game. It was all tsun after that.
They had a fake punt drawn up for this, and the long-snapper screwed it up. Harbaugh even mentioned this, having stated the following: "I mean, they had us cold. I think their snapper snapped to the wrong guy, snapped it to the punter instead of tot he faker, but it would have been a huge gain... We got extremely lucky. They actually would have pulled off a big 4th down conversion."

IMO, it was the explosive plays that did it. Wolverines gained 360 yards on 5 plays. On the remaining 54 plays, they averaged 3.0 YPP. Don't get me wrong, as I'm not defending these gross defensive busts, but the numbers would suggest that on a down-to-down basis, it wasn't that egregious.

They had a fake punt drawn up for this, and the long-snapper screwed it up. Harbaugh even mentioned this, having stated the following: "I mean, they had us cold. I think their snapper snapped to the wrong guy, snapped it to the punter instead of tot he faker, but it would have been a huge gain... We got extremely lucky. They actually would have pulled off a big 4th down conversion."
I don’t believe that at all. Why do a fake punt when they could let their first round QB throw to one of their first round receivers?

We actually had a fake punt call on at that point. It was not executed. 2 running plays gave them almost all of those yards. We controlled both lines of scrimmage, but poor coaching decisions on both sides of the ball doomed us.

I don’t believe that at all. Why do a fake punt when they could let their first round QB throw to one of their first round receivers?
No clue. And while I don't always agree with their play-calling, it was pretty clear to both coaching staffs that a fake punt was supposed to be the call here.

And if you've read any of my previous posts, I've been all in on throwing until they can't throw anymore. Who gives a rip if they're not deemed 'physical' or 'tough'. That doesn't happen to apply to this team's strength. So embrace your strength. And while they did throw more in this game, the actual play calls and execution were often times regrettable.

Yep. Awful combination of play calls and execution on a handful of massive yardage explosive plays. Gross defensive busts is probably an understatement in explaining both total yardage and points surrendered.

Yep. Awful combination of play calls and execution on a handful of massive yardage explosive plays. Gross defensive busts is probably an understatement in explaining both total yardage and points surrendered.
Knowles seemed totally bewildered in the presser. It's like he still didn't believe what just happened.

I find it incredible to be bewildered that some of their DBs can't cover or finish plays 1-on-1 against anyone with talent.
Maybe he thought going from OSU to THE OSU would result in having better talent?
There we’re certainly some OSU DB jockstraps left on the field.
Did the coaches convince them that they were going to be able to easily cover the receivers one-on-one?
So much bewilderment in that game.

How in the world do you end up about 40:total yards difference with that score differential?