Meticulous Review of SWOTCCCA Individual State Track and Field Champions File

Lancermania

Lancers lead the way!
Some 33 corrections/additions were made to the SWOTCCCA State Individual T&F champions file. Updated file is here for additional review/evaulation.

Most additions were adding the year the particular athlete was in school at the time of the performance.

A footer was restored indicating city or state record.

Carl Ward of Taft was deleted as a state champion in the 100y in 1963. The top three finishers all were given the same time but Ward was given a third place.

Joe Saunders of Glendale was restored as a state champion in the 220y for both 1934 and 1935 class B with the same time both years of 22.6

In some events a relay team was listed without the names of the team members. This happened with De Porres 4 x 220 and 1964 4 x 440y

A dispute exists on how to spell the name of David Pool(e) from CAPE who was on the winning 1985 4 x 100. Some claim the name was spelled Pool while others say it should be Poole. At present it remains Pool.

There is confusion on a member of the 1997 Princeton team that won the 4 x 100m. Some say it was Kevin Brown while others say Ken Brown. It remains Ken Brown for now.

Last edited:

Two Anderson notes. Jake Andreadis looks downright disappointed on the podium and did someone take a picture off the 52 880 relay team straight off the wall of fame plaque?

p.s. I do not think that I am going too far off the reservation by saying Wendall Jackson is the best athlete in Anderson history. Carried that 52 team to with in a point of a state championship.

Two Anderson notes. Jake Andreadis looks downright disappointed on the podium and did someone take a picture off the 52 880 relay team straight off the wall of fame plaque?

p.s. I do not think that I am going too far off the reservation by saying Wendall Jackson is the best athlete in Anderson history. Carried that 52 team to with in a point of a state championship.
If you can get a better picture of Jack Andreadis, please send it to me. I went to Anderson high school more than once, and I was the one who took the picture off the wall of fame plaque. If you can get a better one, send it to me.

A relentless research led me to the Kevin Brown and not Ken Brown for the Princeton 1997 state 4 x 100 relay champions. First off, I saw Eric Vonberg, the starter at the Moeller Primetime meet, who was Ken Meibers main assistant at Princeton in 1997. He told me it was Kevin Brown and that there was no Ken Brown. I also found a hard copy of the Cincinnati Enquirer edition of June 13, 1997 which lists the Enquirer Track All Stars for that year and Kevin is listed on Princeton's first team all city in all three relays Princeton ran at state. Besides winning the 4 x 100, they also got 4th in the 4 x 400. Updated file is here: http://www.swotccca.com/Documents/C...al State Track & Field Champions Photos22.pdf

If my memory serves me correctly, Jake's "look" was standard fair for him. He did seem to perk up around his then gf, though. Go figure :)

"2018 I 1600m 4:06.96 Lakota East Dustin Horter (12)
2014 I 1600m 4:08.38 Lakota East Dustin Horter (11)
2015 III 1600m 4:17.78 Summit Country Day Mason Moore (12)
2014 III 1600m 4:16.27 Summit Country Day Mason Moore (11) "

Dustin Horter won in 2014 with a 4:08.38 as a junior and then won in 2018 as a senior?

It could be said his performances are timeless :)

"2018 I 1600m 4:06.96 Lakota East Dustin Horter (12)
2014 I 1600m 4:08.38 Lakota East Dustin Horter (11)
2015 III 1600m 4:17.78 Summit Country Day Mason Moore (12)
2014 III 1600m 4:16.27 Summit Country Day Mason Moore (11) "

Dustin Horter won in 2014 with a 4:08.38 as a junior and then won in 2018 as a senior?
The year of Horter's first state title in the 1600m has been changed to 2017. http://www.swotccca.com/Documents/C...al State Track & Field Champions Photos23.pdf

If you can get a better picture of Jack Andreadis, please send it to me. I went to Anderson high school more than once, and I was the one who took the picture off the wall of fame plaque. If you can get a better one, send it to me.

I was being a wise a$s Lancer. Jake was never known for being photogenic

Jake, dour, non-photogenic? Nobody would say that about Jake! :p He was certainly less so, though, than his older brother Lou.

Jake, dour, non-photogenic? Nobody would say that about Jake! :p He was certainly less so, though, than his older brother Lou.

I had the pleasure of having Will as my throws coach. It was a family trait except for MS Andreadis (lady was a saint) and poppa A.