144-Cameron Plotts
150- Brennan Warwick
157- Caige Horak
165- Landon Johnson
175- Landon Ristoff
190- Conor Shepard
215-Mike Millin
285-Ryder Hartshorn
New guy coming in strong with a first post that sit's the coaches son and returning state champ (& top 10 heavyweight in the nation).

I'm here for it!!!!

All I'll say is that is one deep squad! Go Panthers!

Last edited:

If we’re trying to get serious here if we may 😂

106: Lincoln Rohr, FR
113: Liston Seibert, SOPH
120: Emeric McBurney, JR
126: Mason Rohr, SOPH
132: Nate Dulcie, SR
138: Charles Curtis, SR
144: Cameron Plotts, SOPH
150: Brennan Warwick, SOPH
157: Marshall Geckler, JR
165: Landen Johnson, JR
175: Caige Horak, FR
190: Landon Ristoff, JR/ Connor Shephard, SOPH (I doubt Hartshorn can cut to 190 again)
215: Mike Millin, JR/Ryder Hartshorn, SR
285: Aidan Fockler, SR

190: Landon Ristoff, JR/ Connor Shephard, SOPH (I doubt Hartshorn can cut to 190 again)
Seibert will beat Rohr, flip those.

Agreed. He made a nice run last year being up 2 weight classes. I think he could be a possible finalist at 113. Not sure if he can beat Timar but I'd love to see it.

There have been years that a lineup like this would have won State at D I. If they stay healthy, I can't see anyone really challenging them for #2.

He'll need to get by #2 and #3 on that 113 list, which will be a very tall task.
My personal opinion is that Liston can beat any of the 3 guys ranked above him. Last year he wrestled up 2 weight classes and only lost to the runner-up, Medina, by a 2 point margin in the quarters. In the blood round he lost another decision to the eventual 3rd place finisher, Allen. So for being up 2 weight classes and losing close matches to the 2nd and 3rd place guys in the state, I'd say he'll be pretty tough to beat at his own weight. I'd actually argue that getting by Seibert might be the real task at 113. No discredit to Timar, Green, or Seacrist, they're all very good wrestlers. I just believe Seibert might be better. Time will tell.

Last edited:
My personal opinion is that Liston can beat any of the 3 guys ranked above him. Last year he wrestled up 2 weight classes and only lost to the runner-up, Medina, by a 2 point margin in the quarters. I'd argue that getting by Seibert might be the real task at 113. No discredit to Timar, Green, or Seacrist, they're all very good wrestlers. I just believe Seibert might be better. Time will tell.
On any given day, any of the top guys can beat each other. Siebert is certainly tough as nails, as is Timar, as is Seacrist, as is Dodd. Johnny Green had a hell of a freestyle season with a great run at Fargo including wins over Limbert (Fargo) and Yarborough (Central Regionals) and giving nationally ranked and multiple time Fargo champ Mack Mauger all he could handle.

My personal opinion is that Liston can beat any of the 3 guys ranked above him. Last year he wrestled up 2 weight classes and only lost to the runner-up, Medina, by a 2 point margin in the quarters. In the blood round he lost another decision to the eventual 3rd place finisher, Allen. So for being up 2 weight classes and losing close matches to the 2nd and 3rd place guys in the state, I'd say he'll be pretty tough to beat at his own weight. I'd actually argue that getting by Seibert might be the real task at 113. No discredit to Timar, Green, or Seacrist, they're all very good wrestlers. I just believe Seibert might be better. Time will tell.
He was up 2 weight classes, because he could not beat McBurney at 106 or Rohr at 113. You are ignoring that part. Also, Timar beat McBurney 6-1 pretty convincingly, and is the returning State Champ. Seacrist smashed McBurney 14-4 at districts. To say Seibert might be the real task at 113, to me, is a bit of a stretch. He is talented, and should see the podium, I will concede that. I just dont see him beating the best guys at 113, unless he has made a big jump this offseason, and the others haven't.

He was up 2 weight classes, because he could not beat McBurney at 106 or Rohr at 113. You are ignoring that part. Also, Timar beat McBurney 6-1 pretty convincingly, and is the returning State Champ. Seacrist smashed McBurney 14-4 at districts. To say Seibert might be the real task at 113, to me, is a bit of a stretch. He is talented, and should see the podium, I will concede that. I just dont see him beating the best guys at 113, unless he has made a big jump this offseason, and the others haven't.
I'm not ignoring that, I just know that being in the same room with someone year after year can have an impact on who wins a wrestle off. It doesn't always decide who the better wrestler is against the rest of the field. McBurney had a strategy to beat Seibert each time they wrestled. Styles clash and workout partners learn to figure eachother out. From what I was told it was a stall fest and came down to ultimate ride out each time they wrestled off... McBurney might win their wrestle off but Seibert performs better on match day. But you act like losing to McBurney or Rohr is such a terrible thing lol. Both guys finished 3rd at their weight classes. Like I said, all 3 guys above him are very good, but IN MY OPINION Seibert has what it takes to beat any of them. Just an opinion, not like it matters. The boys will sort it out in March.

120 was a weight class bereft of depth last year beyond the first four kids (1-2-3 and Butler). I'll go with what Seibert's results were at 106 against the higher end peers at that weight compared to say Seacrist and Timar, and take the latter two over him with reasonable confidence at this point in time.

I'm not ignoring that, I just know that being in the same room with someone year after year can have an impact on who wins a wrestle off. It doesn't always decide who the better wrestler is against the rest of the field. McBurney had a strategy to beat Seibert each time they wrestled. Styles clash and workout partners learn to figure eachother out. From what I was told it was a stall fest and came down to ultimate ride out each time they wrestled off... McBurney might win their wrestle off but Seibert performs better on match day. But you act like losing to McBurney or Rohr is such a terrible thing lol. Both guys finished 3rd at their weight classes. Like I said, all 3 guys above him are very good, but IN MY OPINION Seibert has what it takes to beat any of them. Just an opinion, not like it matters. The boys will sort it out in March.
You are entitled to your opinion. I was just stating that it didn't make sense to me to give him that kind of status as the man to beat at 113, when he could not start for his own team, and had to jump 2 weight classes. And the guy he lost to, got handled by the top 2 guys that will also be at 113 this season. I also am curious why you say that Seibert wrestles better on match day. McBurney placed 3rd at state, while Seibert won his district, and then had to watch the 3 other guys in his district bracket place, while he did not. He had the best championship side draw he could have possibly asked for at state too. I mean it was a gift from god, and he still did not get it done. He ran into a stud on the back side, but if he is so clutch, he would have probably been the sacrificial lamb to Blaze in the finals last year with his cake draw. He majored DeBoe at districts, and Medina was pretty mediocre by D1 state finalist standards. He was undersized yes, but his draw was perfect, and everyone else at his district placed. So why do you think he is more clutch than McBurney.

You are entitled to your opinion. I was just stating that it didn't make sense to me to give him that kind of status as the man to beat at 113, when he could not start for his own team, and had to jump 2 weight classes. And the guy he lost to, got handled by the top 2 guys that will also be at 113 this season. I also am curious why you say that Seibert wrestles better on match day. McBurney placed 3rd at state, while Seibert won his district, and then had to watch the 3 other guys in his district bracket place, while he did not. He had the best championship side draw he could have possibly asked for at state too. I mean it was a gift from god, and he still did not get it done. He ran into a stud on the back side, but if he is so clutch, he would have probably been the sacrificial lamb to Blaze in the finals last year with his cake draw. He majored DeBoe at districts, and Medina was pretty mediocre by D1 state finalist standards. He was undersized yes, but his draw was perfect, and everyone else at his district placed. So why do you think he is more clutch than McBurney.
How can you call his draw a “gift from god” when he wrestled the runner up and 3rd place finishers early in the bracket? Id argue the guys that placed under Seibert at districts got the better of the draws. DeBoe got to wrestle both of them right after Seibert did and lost terribly to them. I think that shows how tough his draw was that everyone else placed and he didn’t. They didn’t beat the guys that beat him, so I’m having trouble understanding your logic there. Had Seibert been on any of their lines I’m sure he would have placed. You said yourself, he majored DeBoe at districts. And yes, I personally think he’s better than McBurney because of his style of wrestling. He is much more offensive than McBurney. I watched them both all season. I’ll put it this way, if they were both on my team and we needed our 106 to pick up bonus in a dual, I’d be putting in Seibert. I watched them wrestle common opponents. Seibert beat Frantz from Wadsworth handily, something like 6 points. McBurney beat Frantz 4-3. Seibert scored over 20 points and teched a kid from I believe it was Hoover, McBurney won by decision. McBurney wrestles conservative and wins close matches. He’s great, not taking anything away from him, Id just rather see a guy who goes out to put points on the board. Again, my opinion.

And why do you keep saying McBurney got handled by Timar? Did you watch the match at State or just see the 6-1 score? 0-0 going into the 3rd, then it was 2-1 with 9 seconds left in the match before McBurney tried a throw. Seacrist majored McBurney at districts, but Seacrist also lost to Timar 5-3. As I said already, McBurney wrestled Timar tough, 2-1 before a desperation throw with 9 seconds left. STYLES! Styles make the matches and that’s why I’m telling you not to count out Seibert just because he loses by ultimate tie breakers in his wrestle off. Styles clash, workout partners figure out game plans to win wrestle offs. Not always the better guy winning the wrestle off.

Last edited:
120 was a weight class bereft of depth last year beyond the first four kids (1-2-3 and Butler). I'll go with what Seibert's results were at 106 against the higher end peers at that weight compared to say Seacrist and Timar, and take the latter two over him with reasonable confidence at this point in time.
Bucksman, did you ever wrestle? If not, I don’t think you can comprehend how hard it is to wrestle someone who has 20 pounds of lean mass over you. Let alone at that high of a level. It’s not like he bumped up for some rinky-dink tournament, this is D1 state. This kid barely weighed 106, heard he didn’t have to cut at all to make 106. So he bumps up 20 pounds as a freshman and wins his district (all 3 placers below him placed in Columbus, as mentioned above). He loses a close bout to the state runner-up and another decision to the 3rd place guy. I don’t care how ”bereft” you think that weight was, that’s still remarkable. I know how hard it is to wrestle a guy 2 weights up, but I couldn’t imagine doing it as a freshman at the D1 state tourney. That’s tough. I wouldn’t downplay what he did just because you don’t think the weight was deep. It’s still D1 state and thats never easy.

There is very little separation between those guys and the guys around them. I will say that Mc Burney is well coached , seldom goes outside of his playbook and rarely gets beat by making mistakes. I think Seibert has extra gears and much higher ceiling than Mc Burney but the fact Mc Burney beat him shows his mat intelligence. Timar has the extra gears, added discipline, extraordinarly high mat IQ and thats why hes was the champ. Seacrist is next best and might have more gears than Timar but you need more than that to beat Eds boys.
Bucksmans knows his wrestling and is correct stating 120 was thin. I dont know if he wrestled but one doesnt need to have competed to observe and know something. On a side note Hutsler from Lancaster came unglued round one and had Seibert on the ropes before giving up points late to lose 3-2.

There is very little separation between those guys and the guys around them. I will say that Mc Burney is well coached , seldom goes outside of his playbook and rarely gets beat by making mistakes. I think Seibert has extra gears and much higher ceiling than Mc Burney but the fact Mc Burney beat him shows his mat intelligence. Timar has the extra gears, added discipline, extraordinarly high mat IQ and thats why hes was the champ. Seacrist is next best and might have more gears than Timar but you need more than that to beat Eds boys.
Bucksmans knows his wrestling and is correct stating 120 was thin. I dont know if he wrestled but one doesnt need to have competed to observe and know something. On a side note Hutsler from Lancaster came unglued round one and had Seibert on the ropes before giving up points late to lose 3-2.
You're right that someone doesn't need to have competed to be able to look up stats. Anyone with enough time and resources can do that. I'm talking about knowing how difficult accomplishing something in this sport is and being able to truly appreciate what these kids go through. Only people who have wrestled really know how tough wrestling is. So when someone who hasn't wrestled downplays a wrestlers accomplishments just because the stats show it was a thinner field compared to other weights, I take offense to that.