Massillon Football 2020 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't heard one fan mention anything about seeding. We don't even know if we'll have a season, complete as season, or watch in person. Seeding is the least of anyone's concerns. Now w/ automatic births I don't even try follow that.

Disappointed PN game fell through but would be excited to play Ed too. Guess we'll see what options are now available after the latest monkey wrench to everybody's schedules. Can you imagine being an AD the past few weeks? Unbelievable.

I have wondered about the seeding. IF it is a factor I would think Massillon and Hoban would like to play as late as possible so they have more time to prepare. Again IF, we would all hate to see Massillon and Hoban in the first round of the playoffs.

I have wondered about the seeding. IF it is a factor I would think Massillon and Hoban would like to play as late as possible so they have more time to prepare. Again IF, we would all hate to see Massillon and Hoban in the first round of the playoffs.

Again Ref, who is we all? Fans in general? It was discussed last year ad nauseam (when regions were assigned) and the consensus among each fanbase was it didn't matter. Not saying anybody wants to play either Hoban or Massillon in the 1st round (including each other probably) but not that big a deal at least to either of us. Ditto WW vs. LaSalle. Though I can see from an outside perspective you might prefer those be the regional championships.

Ignatius isn't even practicing right now, and won't even be reevaluated until after Labor Day. I hope any game happens this year, but have serious doubts.

Ignatius isn't even practicing right now, and won't even be reevaluated until after Labor Day. I hope any game happens this year, but have serious doubts.

Snow jobbing already? If we play you will be well rested. ;) Seriously me too but hoping for the best. Good luck. Needless to say IGGY & ED is a stiff challenge in any year.

Snow jobbing already? If we play you will be well rested. ;) Seriously me too but hoping for the best. Good luck. Needless to say IGGY & ED is a stiff challenge in any year.
Oh yeah it is for sure. Especially in back to back weeks when not every team makes the playoffs.

Still hope we get one of them on our 6 too

Mentor should play Hoban
Why ? If anything we should try Ignatius first since we have played them every year since 2005. It's turned into a real rivalry for the schools. Hoban adds nothing for us especially if it were further away on the road

This is assuming 5 of our games will be in conference like most conferences are doing. Solon isn't slated to play but even if they do we'd be at ,7 teams in the GCC. Meaning still 5 games because of the odd number of teams

Why ? If anything we should try Ignatius first since we have played them every year since 2005. It's turned into a real rivalry for the schools. Hoban adds nothing for us especially if it were further away on the road

This is assuming 5 of our games will be in conference like most conferences are doing. Solon isn't slated to play but even if they do we'd be at ,7 teams in the GCC. Meaning still 5 games because of the odd number of teams
Even teams and someone you've never played before and won't see again in the playoffs. Would make for a great night of football. I think Iggy is off the table for both teams unfortunately. Hoban only has three games scheduled at this point.

Even teams and someone you've never played before and won't see again in the pla
This is a year where some teams would.take on new challenges since everyone makes the playoffs. But most conferences are sticking together and we'd only need one more game if we play 5 GCC games. I'd go for Ignatius or someone local who wouldn't normally play us

Hoban can be scheduled any year. They always need opponents. We may be forced to add smaller private schools along with eds and Iggy in the future anyways with our conference down to 6 teams soon

I'm hoping schools stream more games for the general public if we can't go to games live. I'd definitely watch Massillon play these teams or McKinley

Mentor or St Edward. Whoever comes out of Region 1 wins it all.
Don't know about that. Pick Central has shown to get more talent than any public school in d1. And sure Cincy will have a team or two to challenge

I think Mentor will be solid but we lost a lot. Don't think we are a favorite . Possible first tier but I don't like our chances the same as the last 3 seasons.

Massillon I think can take D2 this year. This is a team with a great shot in D2 along with only a few others

Don't know about that. Pick Central has shown to get more talent than any public school in d1. And sure Cincy will have a team or two to challenge

I think Mentor will be solid but we lost a lot. Don't think we are a favorite . Possible first tier but I don't like our chances the same as the last 3 seasons.

Massillon I think can take D2 this year. This is a team with a great shot in D2 along with only a few others

Cincinnati is down. This may sound crazy but I like Pick North over Central. I know that does not sound right but Sawyer played great at QB down the stretch and some younger players coming up in the program. Picking Hill Davidson to come out of Reg 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.