Massillon 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question, someone earlier in the thread talked about St. V having like only 8 Sr's, how are their overall numbers? Will they have enough to field a team for the JV game on Saturday?

First of all, you’re correct, it was a scrimmage. Yes, in the part of the scrimmage, in the first half, Ed’s prevailed 14-0. However, after the intermission, with the starters participating, the teams ran a 10-play series. The Tigers scored 2 touchdowns. Then, the Eagles scored once. Technically, the scrimmage ended 3-2 in favor of St. Edward. Both schools should have excellent seasons. Good luck to both teams.
Did Massillon score those two long tochdowns on Edd's first team? Either way,
both teams appeared to play fairly even. It was great to see Lamp accelerate after that catch and td. Gonna be a fun year.

Did Massillon score those two long tochdowns on Edd's first team? Either way,
both teams appeared to play fairly even. It was great to see Lamp accelerate after that catch and td. Gonna be a fun year.
Yes, back to back plays to start the 3rd quarter. Then Ed’s scored again a little later. So they scored 3 times Massillon scored 2 times. It was overall a good scrimmage for both teams. Good film to see where you can improve and what you did well. And yes both schools had some guys out for one reason or another. Keyes and krichbaum were out. Jones and McElroy were out on the lines and Rankl played a handful of snaps at right tackle. He’s obviously longwell’s blindside tackle. But all this doesn’t matter it’s on to the season and time to focus on St.V

No, that was not Ed's first team D after the intermission. Eds did use the first team O for the first series after the intermission however.
Thanks. I think we all assumed it was first team on both sides. Good Luck this season. I see no reason why Ed’s shouldn’t be back to back. ??

Any report on the Massillon kid that got hurt at the end of the scrimmage? If it is no no to say publicly then if some one in the know could pm me it would be appreciated.

It may be astute to believe St. Ed is the returning D1 champ and best team in OH, but not based on that scrimmage. Maybe you saw a different game. Ed was outgained, Massillon held their top 3 o-linemen and rb out, and quick whistle blew some large gains dead. Regardless, astute observers would recognize both teams are excellently t. Trolls would not. Esp. one who has 7 embarrassing lumps on his head in the last 8 years. :)

I hate when people use the “We were without X amount of players” as if their opponent though always has ideal line-ups in place. IMO, you discredit yourself with that approach.

I hate when people use the “We were without X amount of players” as if their opponent though always has ideal line-ups in place. IMO, you discredit yourself with that approach.
I believe the point here is players that would have normally been in the game were on the sideline for a game that had very little meaning other than for players to get reps. I doubt they were sitting because Massillon needed an excuse for the outcome. Both teams are going to have a great season. I don’t believe it was meant to discredit anyone or any efforts.

Last edited:
I talked with two Ed's fans & one said it was their 1st team & the other said 2nd team. I personally don't think it matters. We looked pretty good against a great football team. We need to clean up the turnovers and brush up on our techniques a little & we'll be just fine.

I can do that too. Talked with two Ed’s fans and they both said 2nd team. So, you have to believe me since everything you read on the internet is true.

Attention All Massillon posters. Please put Mackinbiner and My2sense on your ignore list. I have had them on ignore for 3 days and you don't see a thing they post. Just click on their avatar and a box will pop up click ignore and your're done. Now I would like the mods to take notice of the tactics these 2 pin heads will use. My2 sense will switch to Starkcountylegend and Mackinbiner well he will just eat more donuts.

Again, That could be true. As I clearly stated above, does it really matter?

Not one bit. Ed’s performed very poorly last summer in the scrimmage or possession count drives and eventually went on to win 13 straight games after starting season 0-2 last year for championship #4

Some of you guys are insane to argue so many points based on scrimmage results. Goal is to get out of preseason by avoiding injuries.

I
Not one bit. Ed’s performed very poorly last summer in the scrimmage or possession count drives and eventually went on to win 13 straight games after starting season 0-2 last year for championship #4

Some of you guys are insane to argue so many points based on scrimmage results. Goal is to get out of preseason by avoiding injuries.
I agree with that getting out healthy is most important

I must be getting senile because I distinctly remember the Ignatius Cats beating St. Ed's in week 10.

Attention All Massillon posters. Please put Mackinbiner and My2sense on your ignore list. I have had them on ignore for 3 days and you don't see a thing they post. Just click on their avatar and a box will pop up click ignore and your're done. Now I would like the mods to take notice of the tactics these 2 pin heads will use. My2 sense will switch to Starkcountylegend and Mackinbiner well he will just eat more donuts.
#rentfree #staysafe44646

Aidan is a good kid and I’m grateful he is playing for the good guys. I hope he has a great season.

Aidan IS a good kid. He is a leader who has the respect of every coach and player not to mention opposing coaches and players. Couple that with his strong competitive nature and you have a legendary Massillon QB. He probably should have started his freshman year.

I like him because he's a great baseball player. LOL. And I hear the family are just great people.

Status
Not open for further replies.