Massillon 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massillon did pretty well considering a lot of key guys were out especially on the line. Good experience for the other guys. A couple turnovers inside the 10 isn’t good. I thought the defense tackled well for the most part. Very very vanilla on offense which is expected. St.Ed’s big and physical. Very sound fundamentally in all aspects of the game. Pretty good scrimmage overall for both teams. Good film for all

Massillon did pretty well considering a lot of key guys were out especially on the line. Good experience for the other guys. A couple turnovers inside the 10 isn’t good. I thought the defense tackled well for the most part. Very very vanilla on offense which is expected. St.Ed’s big and physical. Very sound fundamentally in all aspects of the game. Pretty good scrimmage overall for both teams. Good film for all
Excellent analysis. Sitting the starters gives some quality time against a more than quality opponent to the inexperienced kids.

Final Scores in Pennsylvania

Penn-Trafford——-42
Norwin——————7

Gateway—————46
Mt. Lebanon———-20

I think most astute observers would conclude that Eds would have won a real game (better coaching, better depth). But its an August scrimmage so...

It may be astute to believe St. Ed is the returning D1 champ and best team in OH, but not based on that scrimmage. Maybe you saw a different game. Ed was outgained, Massillon held their top 3 o-linemen and rb out, and quick whistle blew some large gains dead. Regardless, astute observers would recognize both teams are excellent. Trolls would not. Esp. one who has 7 embarrassing lumps on his head in the last 8 years. :)

Last edited:
It may be astute to believe St. Ed is the returning D1 champ and best team in OH, but not based on that scrimmage. Maybe you saw a different game. Ed was outgained, Massillon held their top 3 o-linemen and rb out, and quick whistle blew some large gains dead. Regardless, astute observers would recognize both teams are excellent. Trolls would not. Esp. one who has 7 embarrassing lumps on his head in the last 8 years. :)
At the of end of the day both teams and programs are great. The score with starters was 14-0 but it was a scrimmage. St Edward was missing some huge starters including WR Mac Wainright. (Will be drafted in MLB draft, but holds many football offers not many know about) Lineman. Our MLB has not played all summer. St Edward really used the scrimmage not to win, to test kids and decide between a few final positions. Massillon has some special players. I’m looking forward to both of them playing deep into the year. Good luck.

At the of end of the day both teams and programs are great. The score with starters was 14-0 but it was a scrimmage. St Edward was missing some huge starters including WR Mac Wainright. (Will be drafted in MLB draft, but holds many football offers not many know about) Lineman. Our MLB has not played all summer. St Edward really used the scrimmage not to win, to test kids and decide between a few final positions. Massillon has some special players. I’m looking forward to both of them playing deep into the year. Good luck.

First of all, you’re correct, it was a scrimmage. Yes, in the part of the scrimmage, in the first half, Ed’s prevailed 14-0. However, after the intermission, with the starters participating, the teams ran a 10-play series. The Tigers scored 2 touchdowns. Then, the Eagles scored once. Technically, the scrimmage ended 3-2 in favor of St. Edward. Both schools should have excellent seasons. Good luck to both teams.

Understood MOF. They'd be my pre-season D1 #1 too. And that's not exactly going out on a limb. Ditto D2 Hoban, and by a wider margin. Don't need a scrimmage to tell me that. There are still a small handful that could knock each off, but will see.

Last edited:
First of all, you’re correct, it was a scrimmage. Yes, in the part of the scrimmage, in the first half, Ed’s prevailed 14-0. However, after the intermission, with the starters participating, the teams ran a 10-play series. The Tigers scored 2 touchdowns. Then, the Eagles scored once. Technically, the scrimmage ended 3-2 in favor of St. Edward. Both schools should have excellent seasons. Good luck to both teams.
Well, technically that is very incorrect. Lol. Maybe Massillon played starters. We played our MLB 5 plays because Reps are down, and not 1 starter on defense. I know every single one of these kids who start and starters were shut down, as according to Coach was the plan, and they stuck to it. A few plays in we needed a D end. Our starter ran on field and coach made home come off. Again Goodluck! That’s a exciting team and I’m rooting for you guys in D2.

Well, technically that is very incorrect. Lol. Maybe Massillon played starters. We played our MLB 5 plays because Reps are down, and not 1 starter on defense. I know every single one of these kids who start and starters were shut down, as according to Coach was the plan, and they stuck to it. A few plays in we needed a D end. Our starter ran on field and coach made home come off. Again Goodluck! That’s a exciting team and I’m rooting for you guys in D2.

According to some sources, the plan was to play the starters immediately after halftime. I’m sure both coaches were substituting liberally throughout the scrimmage. After all, it was a practice game.

Last edited:
I gotta say I'm very proud of you Massillon guys for not feeding the monkeys. ?

Remember guys, this thread is about Massillon football 2019, if these guys want to mess up a thread, that's fine, just don't allow it to be this one. Show some self control.

Status
Not open for further replies.