PAC 2023

I think it should be pointed out that I was correct again. Stacy is a good hire for Manchester. He will win there for two or three seasons and then be off to greener pastures.

I think it should be pointed out that I was correct again. Stacy is a good hire for Manchester. He will win there for two or three seasons and then be off to greener pastures.
I think this is a great hire....he is a great guy and knows the game. Dad taught him well and he has done well with all the schools he has been with. I hated to see him leave the Lake Staff...and that was a while ago.

With a 7-team PAC, you'll likely see CCC and Minerva picking up PAC teams as non-league opponents. Thus, neither really needs to join the PAC.

You do realize that's not why you hire a coach right?? You want someone who is invested in that community/kids and wants to be there through thick and thin.

Also, he's done well at other places? Then why is he leaving?? Again the word is "underutilized" coming from Northwest AKA doesn't have much say.

You people are completely blinded and don't realize what really went down here. This was a debacle from the start and agendas got in the way what was truly best for those kids, school, and community. Mess!!

You do realize that's not why you hire a coach right?? You want someone who is invested in that community/kids and wants to be there through thick and thin.

Also, he's done well at other places? Then why is he leaving?? Again the word is "underutilized" coming from Northwest AKA doesn't have much say.

You people are completely blinded and don't realize what really went down here. This was a debacle from the start and agendas got in the way what was truly best for those kids, school, and community. Mess!!
You have blinders on. The administration is trying to change what is very clearly a toxic culture right now - and tbh, it's not just the football team it was/is the community as a whole. Why do you think they showed Gene the door after how many years of coaching the boys basketball team? They recognize that there needs to be a collective culture change and they were looking for good, young(er) people to help them do it. This is not difficult to see.

You call it a debacle.....I'm sorry....but did they make an offer to someone who turned them down? I don't believe they did. They literally got their first choice which is great for them - yet, you and a few others are on here acting like they got turned down 8 times and scraped the bottom of the barrel to find a head coach.

You're trying to run a bright, young coach out of town before he's even coached his first game. You want a good program back in Manchester, start looking at the mirror when trying to figure out why it hasn't happened yet.

You're trying to run a bright, young coach out of town before he's even coached his first game.

This is the way. This is the blueprint. Crazy Jimmy Irsay with the Indianapolis Dolts after drinking a whole bottle of Woodford Reserve couldn't even match this pure frontier gibberish.

You have blinders on. The administration is trying to change what is very clearly a toxic culture right now - and tbh, it's not just the football team it was/is the community as a whole. Why do you think they showed Gene the door after how many years of coaching the boys basketball team? They recognize that there needs to be a collective culture change and they were looking for good, young(er) people to help them do it. This is not difficult to see.

You call it a debacle.....I'm sorry....but did they make an offer to someone who turned them down? I don't believe they did. They literally got their first choice which is great for them - yet, you and a few others are on here acting like they got turned down 8 times and scraped the bottom of the barrel to find a head coach.

You're trying to run a bright, young coach out of town before he's even coached his first game. You want a good program back in Manchester, start looking at the mirror when trying to figure out why it hasn't happened yet.
If by admin you mean 1 to 2 peoples agendas and friends. Then sure. I guarantee that people that sat in this process were shocked by the outcome.

Any new person will change a culture. That necessarily doesnt mean good or bad. But I'd also go with one that has worked once maybe even twice, before I went with an unproven one.

I'm not trying to run anyone out of town. What is done is done. But when things go south with a person who doesn't even have a staff (besides retreads from old regime/ People who think it's awesome to be on a sideline.) We'll be here to just shake our heads at what could've been.

One of the best QBs in the county over the last 20 years, lead his team to an AP state title and a final four, has been on staff at a bunch of very successful programs and worked with some prolific coaches, and on top of it he comes from a family with a great pedigree. I don't think this is the disaster you're trying to make it out to be, seems like you have a personal vendetta

Last edited:
One of the best QBs in the county over the last 20 years, lead his team to an AP state title and a final four, has been on stuff at a bunch of very successful programs and worked with some prolific coaches, and on top of it he comes from a family with a great pedigree. I don't think this is the disaster you're trying to make it out to be, seems like you have a personal vendetta
Again going from place to place really shows loyalty. Jumping place to place when things get tough and trying to follow already existing talent. He's been a lot of places and never had more than a "co-offensive" coordinator role. The track record is just hard to follow because there is none. Speaking from experience those former teams have had a ton of talent all over but never struck fear in anyone physically. Soft

You're only as good as the people you are going to put around you and your program. He doesn't have that staff either.

Just curious on why he didn't take the job after they offered it to him the first time? He was their first choice, changed his mind and then they offered it Brophy. Would love to ask him. What changed? 0-10 last year? And I think whoever took the job there would be people on here complaining. Just change the names around in the complaints!!!!

Just curious on why he didn't take the job after they offered it to him the first time? He was their first choice, changed his mind and then they offered it Brophy. Would love to ask him. What changed? 0-10 last year? And I think whoever took the job there would be people on here complaining. Just change the names around in the complaints!!!!
That last sentence is, as Kenny Bania would say, "Gold! Pure Gold!"

Manchester faithful should really be thankful they found someone in the local area WILLING to take the job. The history & tradition there are absolutely real, but they're also a 500lbs gorilla that you have to carry around everyday and listen to from the fence around the field every game. Not to mention, that gorilla was whipped up and then set free after an 0-10 season.

For all the "bad choice" folks here's an honest question - have you ever applied for and not taken a job? It's not an all or nothing proposition. I've gone thru the process more than once and, either due to the folks I'd work with/for or the finances, said "no thanks".

Honestly, from the outside looking in, I view this as a big win for the program. Not many young coaches as well regarded as Stacy would want to tackle the monster combo of that tradition & that lack of talent.

Cue upset parents & folks who wish it was still 1987 in 3..2..1...

That last sentence is, as Kenny Bania would say, "Gold! Pure Gold!"

Manchester faithful should really be thankful they found someone in the local area WILLING to take the job. The history & tradition there are absolutely real, but they're also a 500lbs gorilla that you have to carry around everyday and listen to from the fence around the field every game. Not to mention, that gorilla was whipped up and then set free after an 0-10 season.

For all the "bad choice" folks here's an honest question - have you ever applied for and not taken a job? It's not an all or nothing proposition. I've gone thru the process more than once and, either due to the folks I'd work with/for or the finances, said "no thanks".

Honestly, from the outside looking in, I view this as a big win for the program. Not many young coaches as well regarded as Stacy would want to tackle the monster combo of that tradition & that lack of talent.

Cue upset parents & folks who wish it was still 1987 in 3..2..1...
Can I ask why he is respected but has been multiple places and never held a coordinator position or called plays?
Also, so we'll respected he has multiple people lined up to coach with him?? Oh, correct he does not.

You don't add a private to replace private you just kicked out, especially one that could see a huge influx in attendance in the upcoming years with the unrest at Aquinas
Getting rid of CVCA did not make sense for the strength of the league. This is not about the senseless whims of the league members who are afraid of competition. Adding CCC makes competitive sense. Adding Mogadore makes competitive sense. Because some schools are afraid of competition does not change that.

Well, the guy complaining the most has yet to have his questions answered and each seems to get deflected. Instead of acknowledging his points and questions, he gets jabs taken at him.

I wish Manchester the best. I have 0 ties to the community. I know one guy who is a friend of mine who I know would have been great for the job. I hope this guy hired is also great for the job. Don't know him. This isnt a burner account and I am willing to bet I know more about high school football than most posting. I'm calming down now Casual

Two "new members" post exactly two minutes apart.......
Suspicious Weighing Options GIF by Law & Order

Can I ask why he is respected but has been multiple places and never held a coordinator position or called plays?
Also, so we'll respected he has multiple people lined up to coach with him?? Oh, correct he does not.
Yes, you can ask that. Absolutely you can. But I think you might find a better way to spend your time - like looking for a different school for your kid(s) to go to. Figure that has to be why you are so butt-hurt about this decision. Otherwise…we’ll, it would be weird. Really weird.

Getting rid of CVCA did not make sense for the strength of the league. This is not about the senseless whims of the league members who are afraid of competition. Adding CCC makes competitive sense. Adding Mogadore makes competitive sense. Because some schools are afraid of competition does not change that.
Stitz- this, for me, is the best/ most accurate post you’ve ever made. Until the participants of The Blue Cup hit puberty & their boy parts drop, the PAC is very likely to vote scared on who they let in.

Stitz- this, for me, is the best/ most accurate post you’ve ever made. Until the participants of The Blue Cup hit puberty & their boy parts drop, the PAC is very likely to vote scared on who they let in.
Always weird the large teams in the conference want to talk down to the small programs. The EBC is looking to add members, why doesn't Northwest go join back in with their old pals and get the boost in competition they want? Remember, these small schools are the same ones that just voted in the current largest member of the conference less than two years ago. It's not insane that the public D5-D6 portion of the conference with under 500 students in their building would want to add someone of a similar makeup to their conference, it's about more than just football

Always weird the large teams in the conference want to talk down to the small programs. The EBC is looking to add members, why doesn't Northwest go join back in with their old pals and get the boost in competition they want? Remember, these small schools are the same ones that just voted in the current largest member of the conference less than two years ago. It's not insane that the public D5-D6 portion of the conference with under 500 students in their building would want to add someone of a similar makeup to their conference, it's about more than just football
I'm not affiliated with any schools in the conference. Friends with lots of folks who work in league schools though. My point was that Fairless led the charge to get CVCA out of the conference & Tuslaw, well we all saw how Tuslaw admin felt about competition in dropping the Dalton game.

I'm not admonishing those entire districts (and apologies if it came across that way). But those 2 administrations drop a 50+ year old back yard rivalry with a smaller school & lead the charge to kick out CVCA. Reminds me of the country lyric "if you look and listen close enough, a man will tell you who he is"