Mahoning Valley Area Talent 2022

NeoFootballFan75

I said something along these lines earlier in the year but I can’t find the thread.. This years class is one of the most talented since 2010. Players reporting either D1/D2 offers..

Ursuline-
Brady Shannon (D1)
Dean Boyd (D1)
Demarcus McElroy
Jakylan Irving

Austintown Fitch-
Devin Sherwood
Tyler Evans
Tyree Mitchell

Warren Harding-
Dom Foster (D1)
Marco Patierno (D1)
Curt Dorsey

Canfield-
Toby Smith
Oliver Kovass

Springfield-
Beau Brungard (D1)

Girard-
Dom Malito (D1)

Boardman-
Terence Thomas (D1)
Cam Thompson (D1)
Sean O’Horo (D1)
Cortland Love (D1)
Joe Sferra (D1)

Chaney-
Clive Wilson (D1)
JR Tellington (D1)

This is all before July.. Feel free to add more. Happy for these young men especially after everything they’ve been through with covid!

If success and offers correlated Canfield would have multiple FBS recruits a year. It’s more about knowing the right people. Not taking anything away from those kids though, they’re all extremely talented & their coach has put them in the right position to be seen!
Maybe 20 years ago this would be true. But if you’re talented enough in today’s day and age you will be seen.

Maybe 20 years ago this would be true. But if you’re talented enough in today’s day and age you will be seen.
It will get you seen, but everything in recruiting goes through HS Head Coaches & college coaches. Stronger connections, more offers to bigger schools. Being seen and being offered are two different things. But i will agree with you in the sense that in this day & age it is easy to find the best wherever they are.

It will get you seen, but everything in recruiting goes through HS Head Coaches & college coaches. Stronger connections, more offers to bigger schools. Being seen and being offered are two different things. But i will agree with you in the sense that in this day & age it is easy to find the best wherever they are.
In todays recruiting the Head Coach is basically just there to have your back. Colleges will call and ask about certain kids and your coach will talk you up, hopefully. Schools already have an evaluation on kids their soph years and have identified who they are going after. Everything in recruiting happens at camps and on hudl. The days of your head coach calling up school X and telling them "I got this kid and that kid" are long past.

In todays recruiting the Head Coach is basically just there to have your back. Colleges will call and ask about certain kids and your coach will talk you up, hopefully. Schools already have an evaluation on kids their soph years and have identified who they are going after. Everything in recruiting happens at camps and on hudl. The days of your head coach calling up school X and telling them "I got this kid and that kid" are long past.
This is correct. kids arent getting missed like people like to believe they are.

Man i don’t know about that, some kids definitely fall through the cracks
Very very few. The vast majority end up exactly where they should. Not everyone is D1, regardless of what they or their parents think, and there is nothing wrong with that. There is some great football at tge D2-D3 level.

If your not camping they will not see you … colleges coaches are not Evaluating film like they used too …. If you play for a trash team or you play for a good team in a trash league that film won’t say much …. If your a 6’5 280lb Tackle and the top DE you face is 6’1 200lbs …. That film isn’t going to help you

I said something along these lines earlier in the year but I can’t find the thread.. This years class is one of the most talented since 2010. Players reporting either D1/D2 offers..

Ursuline-
Brady Shannon (D1)
Dean Boyd (D1)
Demarcus McElroy
Jakylan Irving

Austintown Fitch-
Devin Sherwood
Tyler Evans
Tyree Mitchell

Warren Harding-
Dom Foster (D1)
Marco Patierno (D1)
Curt Dorsey

Canfield-
Toby Smith
Oliver Kovass

Springfield-
Beau Brungard (D1)

Girard-
Dom Malito (D1)

Boardman-
Terence Thomas (D1)
Cam Thompson (D1)
Sean O’Horo (D1)
Cortland Love (D1)
Joe Sferra (D1)

Chaney-
Clive Wilson (D1)
JR Tellington (D1)

This is all before July.. Feel free to add more. Happy for these young men especially after everything they’ve been through with covid!

Foster is on a roll right now. Syracuse offered him yesterday and Howard University extended one today. The latter I believe will really give him a boost! I grew up with both of his parents, so I'm so excited for him right now! I made him these edits!

Listen out for Brysen Powell, Kaleb Tyson, and Tyirq Ivory from Harding's '22 class as well. Should be a fun year!

Attachments

• Howard Offer_edited-1.jpg
    Howard Offer_edited-1.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 24
  • Syracuse offer_edited-1.jpg
    Syracuse offer_edited-1.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 24
If your not camping they will not see you … colleges coaches are not Evaluating film like they used too …. If you play for a trash team or you play for a good team in a trash league that film won’t say much …. If your a 6’5 280lb Tackle and the top DE you face is 6’1 200lbs …. That film isn’t going to help you
If you’re serious about playing football at the next level you should be camping anyways.

Foster is on a roll right now. Syracuse offered him yesterday and Howard University extended one today. The latter I believe will really give him a boost! I grew up with both of his parents, so I'm so excited for him right now! I made him these edits!

Listen out for Brysen Powell, Kaleb Tyson, and Tyirq Ivory from Harding's '22 class as well. Should be a fun year!
Two amazing schools! Congratulations to the young man and I wish him, WGH & Coach Arnold nothing but the best!

Very very few. The vast majority end up exactly where they should. Not everyone is D1, regardless of what they or their parents think, and there is nothing wrong with that. There is some great football at tge D2-D3 level.
One that stands out to me was Nick Crawford. 6’0 200+ RB with 1,200 yards in less than 6 games, ended up walking on at YSU.

One that stands out to me was Nick Crawford. 6’0 200+ RB with 1,200 yards in less than 6 games, ended up walking on at YSU.
A lot of it is the projection. College coaches honestly don't care about yards or all state or any of that. Most D1s have a chart of measurables that if a kid doesn't fall into their parameters they just don't recruit them. I don't necessarily think its right but thats how it is. On the flipside, if you have the measurable but dont flash on film odds are you aren't getting recruited either.

P.S. speed is king. If you aren't fast, regardless of position, you aren't getting a scholly.

Lots of good points and lots of pure BS.

1. Camps are where most will get offers .

2. Speed kills. If you don’t have it, no schollies.

3. Your H.S. Coach means little. How does your ability translate to the O and D the college uses. Vs. other out of state prospects .Your h.s. Coach is just a cheerleader.

4. The Mahoning Valley is over the hill. Fewer D-I athletes, athletes who have trouble competing with Florida, Georgia, California and Texas kids. YSU program sucks because they have too many worthless area athletes vs declining recruits from Florida, Cal., etc. Politics are heavy to recruit local kids who are inferior players to other teams athletes.

5. If you are good, you will be found. Most good players aren’t in the Valley but other states. Coaches spend more time recruiting there.

6. Even Ohio State has stopped recruiting heavy in Ohio. Best athletes are elsewhere. Headliners to OSU or Mich from area pretty much gone. Weaker D-I programs still look here but recruit few. MAC isn’t really a serious D-I league and even they look out of state for quality athletes.

Lots of good points and lots of pure BS.

1. Camps are where most will get offers .

2. Speed kills. If you don’t have it, no schollies.

3. Your H.S. Coach means little. How does your ability translate to the O and D the college uses. Vs. other out of state prospects .Your h.s. Coach is just a cheerleader.

4. The Mahoning Valley is over the hill. Fewer D-I athletes, athletes who have trouble competing with Florida, Georgia, California and Texas kids. YSU program sucks because they have too many worthless area athletes vs declining recruits from Florida, Cal., etc. Politics are heavy to recruit local kids who are inferior players to other teams athletes.

5. If you are good, you will be found. Most good players aren’t in the Valley but other states. Coaches spend more time recruiting there.

6. Even Ohio State has stopped recruiting heavy in Ohio. Best athletes are elsewhere. Headliners to OSU or Mich from area pretty much gone. Weaker D-I programs still look here but recruit few. MAC isn’t really a serious D-I league and even they look out of state for quality athletes.
Mahoning valley isn’t as strong as it once was, but to say the entire state you’ve really lost it