MAC

What happened to Coldwater vs Wapak? Wapak had only scored more than 50 points 3 times all season. Saw them score 21 against OG in December and they were honestly the worst HS team I can ever remember watching.

St. Mary's 68 SH 52 Riders complete their dominance over the MAC going undefeated (7-0 I believe) closest game a 13-pt. win over Coldwater.
You are correct at 7-0, what is even more impressive is the margin of victories. St Marys defeated their MAC counterparts by an average of 25 points. If you remove New Knoxville & Minster, they still won by an average of 18 points. But if you turn to their league games, have lost 3 and have won 5 games by an average of 12 points. Celina comes to town on Friday.

What happened to Coldwater vs Wapak? Wapak had only scored more than 50 points 3 times all season. Saw them score 21 against OG in December and they were honestly the worst HS team I can ever remember watching.
Wapak scored more Saturday than them and Celina combined on Friday (61). Sad.

You are correct at 7-0, what is even more impressive is the margin of victories. St Marys defeated their MAC counterparts by an average of 25 points. If you remove New Knoxville & Minster, they still won by an average of 18 points. But if you turn to their league games, have lost 3 and have won 5 games by an average of 12 points. Celina comes to town on Friday.
On the other hand MAC schools are 5 - 1 vs Celina, which has the same league record as St. Marys, and several of those games were not close esp. the St. Henry game (80 - 56) who just lost to St. Marys by 16.

So I came across the Elwer kid's shot vs. Coldwater and have watched a bunch of stuff of his since then. What a terrific player. Just our of curiosity, If Delphos didn't exist what public school district does he live in? That's not a knock on Delphos. Just genuinely curious.

So I came across the Elwer kid's shot vs. Coldwater and have watched a bunch of stuff of his since then. What a terrific player. Just our of curiosity, If Delphos didn't exist what public school district does he live in? That's not a knock on Delphos. Just genuinely curious.
Considering 95+% of DSJ kids come from Delphos it is a safe bet that he is from Delphos. His dad/coach is from Delphos and is a DSJ graduate.

If DSJ didn't exist good chance the starting 5 for Delphos Jefferson would be the 5 starters currently for DSJ.

He lives in Delphos. His dad is a St Johns grad and a teacher at St Johns. If not for St Johns he would be at Delphos Jefferson, the public HS in Delphos

1. Delphos St. John's 9-0
2. Coldwater 8-1
3. St. Henry 7-2
4. Minster 5-4
T5. Versailles 4-5
T5. Marion Local 4-5
T5. Parkway 4-5
8. New Bremen 3.6
9. Fort Recovery 1-8
10. New Knoxville 0-9

Last edited:
2. Coldwater 8-1
3. St. Henry 7-2
4. Monster 5-4
T5. Versailles 4-5
T5. Marion Local 4-5
T5. Parkway 4-5
8. New Bremen 3.6
9. Fort Recovery 1-8
10. New Knoxville 0-9
It's scary facing the #4 team in the MAC. auto correct does it again.

2. Coldwater 8-1
3. St. Henry 7-2
4. Minster 5-4
T5. Versailles 4-5
T5. Marion Local 4-5
T5. Parkway 4-5
8. New Bremen 3.6
9. Fort Recovery 1-8
10. New Knoxville 0-9
New Bremen finished 4-5, Parkway 3-6.
Edit: 1st DSJ title since 2013 and 10th overall. SH leads with 13 titles in bball, ML 2nd with 12, and DSJ at 3rd with 10.

Last edited:
He lives in Delphos. His dad is a St Johns grad and a teacher at St Johns. If not for St Johns he would be at Delphos Jefferson, the public HS in Delphos
Cameron's mom is a DSJ grad and was a tremendous basketball player, 5th all time leading scorer at DSJ. His aunt is 7th all time. He has good basketball genes.

2. Coldwater 8-1
3. St. Henry 7-2
4. Minster 5-4
T5. Versailles 4-5
T5. Marion Local 4-5
T5. Parkway 4-5
8. New Bremen 3.6
9. Fort Recovery 1-8
10. New Knoxville 0-9
It makes you wander, what this league standings would look like if they did a home and home series,I know with this many teams in the league,it wouldn't give you hardly any non- league games

It makes you wander, what this league standings would look like if they did a home and home series,I know with this many teams in the league,it wouldn't give you hardly any non- league games
Roughly double the wins and losses, and there you have it. I would HATE a home and home schedule. We (ML) already play two teams twice in the regular season, and I’m not a fan. Gimme more matchups like Russia, Botkins, Wapak, Anna, etc.

Tourney time: LCC favorite to win the Wapak District, Flyers a dark horse, ML has one thing no other team has in the district a legit center esp. defensively. Problem for the Flyers not good pt. guard play but I could see ML winning this district or losing in the 2nd rd. DSJ will be favorite in their district, but the Jays will have an issue with any team with a decent center and a good pt, guard (hard combo to find) as the blue jays have no size at all.

Tourney time: LCC favorite to win the Wapak District, Flyers a dark horse, ML has one thing no other team has in the district a legit center esp. defensively. Problem for the Flyers not good pt. guard play but I could see ML winning this district or losing in the 2nd rd. DSJ will be favorite in their district, but the Jays will have an issue with any team with a decent center and a good pt, guard (hard combo to find) as the blue jays have no size at all.
When the draw came out, I thought Parkway had a good shot at knocking off Ottoville and competing with Pandora to get a rematch with St Johns. Since the draw Parkway has been decimated with key injuries & they played their worst half of basketball Friday night vs New Knoxville. They led the game 24-0 and NK had it down to 3 in the 4th quarter. I don't know much about Fort Jennings however looking at common opponents it appears they will have their hands full. Looks like they have a decent player who is only a junior. From the sound of it, if they win vs FJ, they may get one of the players back from injury. A season with so much hope after a 9-3 start to the season has been a tough stretch closing the year out at 3-7. Hopefully they figure out a way Wednesday night but they will have to play a heckuva lot better to do so.

LCC is probably the favorite but Minster, St. Henry and Marion Local could win it. New Bremen could challenge as well. I don't know everyone's roster but I'm guessing ML is the only team in the NW region that goes 6'9, 6'8 on the front line. I'd bet there are not a lot of Div III schools in the NW region with that size also.
DSJ has played the top teams in our district already, except for Ottoville and Miller City. Also played the top teams in the Wapak Dist. We've been undersized in just about every game we've played this year but we did OK. Most teams have centers in the 6'5\6'6 range. We have a bunch of guards that can shoot well and play great defense. And we have the X factor. Starting in Dist. semi there will be no easy games.
I don't know much about most of the teams in the other Districts. Antwerp is good and senior dominated. I know nothing about Toledo Christian.

Roughly double the wins and losses, and there you have it. I would HATE a home and home schedule. We (ML) already play two teams twice in the regular season, and I’m not a fan. Gimme more matchups like Russia, Botkins, Wapak, Anna, etc.
It's really interesting you guys play each league team only once. I mention it coaches/AD I know around here and they all think it would be terrible LOL. The coaches hate the idea of playing a team early and then you never get another shot at them as you improve or having a key guy miss a game and never getting a chance to redeem yourself. The ADs hate the idea of trying to find 13 OOC opponents.

As a fan, I think I would like it.

Toledo Christian is vastly overrated in the final AP poll….their schedule is very suspect!!!!!
Best I can figure it 279-205 but league is round robin for what its worth.

stryker 11-11
edon 5-17
ottawa hills 11-11
pettisville 14-8
mvcd 15-7
miller city 18-4
old fort 17-5
cardinal stritch 8-14
oregon clay 13-9
northwood 8-14
minster 13-9
emmanuel christian 19-3
dalton 13-9
anthony wayne 12-10
ottawa hills 11-11
mvcd 15-7
lake 15-7
cardinal stritch 8-14
swanton 7-15
northwood 8-14
lenawee christian 19-3
emmanuel christian 19-3

Toledo Christian is vastly overrated in the final AP poll….their schedule is very suspect!!!!!
Beat Cardinal Stritch twice a team that beat Coldwater by 20 pts., Coldwater finished 2nd place in the MAC. TC beat a decent Minster team (5-4 MAC) by 20 plus at Minster. Beat 18 - 4 Miller City. Don't think that TC schedule is any more suspect than most D4 schools.

Last edited:
That is exactly Troy Christian's combination, plus two or three other very adequate contributors.

From the MAC, I still strongly favor DSJ. I would not want to face Marion either, but DSJ brings an added problem in their offense is going to score, so now you have to match blow for blow. The opposite would concern me with Marion in a tournament style game, their defense and size may be the hurdle too high for most teams.

All of these matchup nightmares are exactly why I like D4 basketball.

Beat Cardinal Stritch twice a team that beat Coldwater by 20 pts., Coldwater finished 2nd place in the MAC. TC beat a decent Minster team (5-4 MAC) by 20 plus at Minster. Beat 18 - 4 Miller City. Don't think that TC schedule is any more suspect than most D4 schools.
Yes, you might be right, but they don’t play the schedule that the schools in mid central Ohio to south Ohio…..so you must think they deserve a number 1 ranking!!!!!

Yes, you might be right, but they don’t play the schedule that the schools in mid central Ohio to south Ohio…..so you must think they deserve a number 1 ranking!!!!!
Where did I say that (I didn't), I just think their schedule is as good or better than most D4 schools. How many D4 schools travel 100 miles to play a bball game (some not many) like TC did to play Minster. Max Preps FWIW has Toledo Christian ranked 2nd in D4 and 25 statewide regardless of division. I would think Max Preps factors in competition as far as their rankings go.

Last edited: