MAC 2020

eastisbest

Toledo was ahead 80-70. Marreon Jackson 2-16 and 0-8 or some such. OT at 80's. Jackson goes off for `14. smh. UT with the win.

eastisbest

Toledo's OOC holding up pretty good. Three teams they lost to have only two losses combined. Two of those were close losses. Michigan out musceled them at every position. Beat Valpo today. Valpo not the best team but they play and the score differential was largest on their schedule.

They remain very vulnerable to anyone with a legit Center and to streaky shooting.

OhioBobcatFan06

Impressive that Buffalo took Syracuse to OT.

Akron lighting up Ohio from 3 right now. Bobcats struggling big-time. Clearly still a young team...

clarkgriswold

That Akron thumping of OU was a little bit of a shocker given Akron's late start and their early struggles.

The conference is already having to move stuff around for Covid. Kent and Buffalo struggling with it. Akron played Malone as a substitute for Kent and now plays CMU as a replacement for Buffalo.

OhioBobcatFan06

Ohio was supposed to play Miami tomorrow but that got cancelled. The MAC moved up the Ohio/BG matchup that was scheduled for early March to today. BG beat Ohio after Bobcats led early. Ohio didn't look bad without Preston. He has leg injury, no indication it's serious.

Last edited:

clarkgriswold

So Akron was to play KSU on the 19th and it was cancelled due to KSU's Covid situation. They were to play Buffalo on January 1st and that was cancelled with a replacement of CMU to play Akron.. Today CMU was replaced by KSU. What a damn mess.

eastisbest

Ryan Rollins with 20 against WooMoo. Season stats 14pt, 4rbs. Who are the other good freshmen in the conference?

OhioBobcatFan06

Ryan Rollins with 20 against WooMoo. Season stats 14pt, 4rbs. Who are the other good freshmen in the conference?
Mark Sears is a freshman PG for Ohio. Preston is out right now with a leg injury. Sears started against Ball State and was a big reason reason Ohio won. 18 points, 8 boards, 7 assists. Hopefully he can be valuable bench contributor down the stretch for Ohio when Preston returns

eastisbest

Mark Sears is a freshman PG for Ohio. Preston is out right now with a leg injury. Sears started against Ball State and was a big reason reason Ohio won. 18 points, 8 boards, 7 assists. Hopefully he can be valuable bench contributor down the stretch for Ohio when Preston returns
Looking at his bio on Ohio's website, that's a pretty good recruit to be keeping on the bench. Rollins with two experienced senior guards is getting 30 minutes a game. Sears just 15, 4th in the guard rotation. Seem odd to you?

eastisbest

Sears: 6-8. 2-3, 6-6, 3rbs, 5asst, only one TO playing most of the game in foul trouble. Yikes. How do you play him when Preston returns?

eastisbest

The MAC is like a trading card whose value goes up and down. I miss the old days, I'd turn on the local channel with local announcers and watch my 26 line raster scan B&W TV. Oh wait, no I don't.

EMU-Toledo was a good back and forth until late in the first half and UToledo hit three deep threes in a row. Never looked back. Having Seniors in key positions has been a blessing but unusual depth took a hit with injuries to their only real tall, Edu and then losing a good Freshmen that gave 10-15 minutes in Jameer Hill. Seems everytime Toledo has the over the hump line-up that might make the tourney, they get injured at a top spot.

Raider6309

The MAC is like a trading card whose value goes up and down. I miss the old days, I'd turn on the local channel with local announcers and watch my 26 line raster scan B&W TV. Oh wait, no I don't.

EMU-Toledo was a good back and forth until late in the first half and UToledo hit three deep threes in a row. Never looked back. Having Seniors in key positions has been a blessing but unusual depth took a hit with injuries to their only real tall, Edu and then losing a good Freshmen that gave 10-15 minutes in Jameer Hill. Seems everytime Toledo has the over the hump line-up that might make the tourney, they get injured at a top spot.
I get OU is the biggest draw in the MAC. Sucks most of Athens county has Nelsonville Cable which doesn’t have CBS Sports. We all just bought ESPN Plus for no reason

clarkgriswold

Akron took its second big slimy dump in a week falling to awful NIU after dropping one over the weekend to the less than stellar EMU. Their reward is a probable a$$ whoopin' by Toledo this Saturday. Akron thumped OU and beat Kent then fell to those teams.

Hard team to get a feel for. They lost some key components from last year but returned some decent talent including the MAC POY and added transfers from Iowa, Wake Forest, St. John's and a JUCO that started his college career at Wisconsin. Right now they can't get out of their own way.