Lets get wrestlers on the mat as officials!

Refman

Humble Moderator
Coaches....ask your wrestlers..then can earn $$$ and become better wrestlers.

Want to be a wrestling referee???
Come to my "One Weekend - Are You A Duck!"
April 12/13 & 14 at Otterbein University in conjunction with the 12th annual Autism Tournament.
WE NEED REFS! Are you 14 years of age? Then you can take the class and be licensed....also if you are under 18, OHSAA wil reduce the fee.
High school wrestlers....this is a GREAT way to do some community service and get paid! Bring your whole team and take the class! You can then work the middle school events we have in Central Ohio and be assisted by a senior ref. Its a win win!
Also please SHARE this on FB.

Contact me for more info: ffeeney45@gmail.com
or sign up here by following the directions:
https://www.ohsaa.org/Officiating/permits/category1

Let's Go! We need more refs!

Coaches, fans, armchair QB's, and parents come on out! Let's Go!

I agree 100%.
I do pretty well so if you can do better, we need you now!
Don't be shy, no one on a forum will criticize you! (and if they do, you don't have to care)
Let's make this Refman's biggest class yet.

Just for the record and to make you extra tired... I have always waived the fee to wrestle if you are also officiating. SO DO BOTH!!!!

Just for the record and to make you extra tired... I have always waived the fee to wrestle if you are also officiating. SO DO BOTH!!!!

I know it's not really an issue for us "old timers", but since good officials are becoming a premium I wonder if the state might consider waiving the license fee for first year officials? In addition, maybe associations could waive the first year membership fee. If they did, first year officials could join 2 or 3 associations and get more exposure. Now we're talking about paying for 2 shirts, 2 pair of pants, shoes, and a whistle, which for some 19-20 yr. olds might still be a small fortune. Just trying to think outside the box.

I know it's not really an issue for us "old timers", but since good officials are becoming a premium I wonder if the state might consider waiving the license fee for first year officials? In addition, maybe associations could waive the first year membership fee. If they did, first year officials could join 2 or 3 associations and get more exposure. Now we're talking about paying for 2 shirts, 2 pair of pants, shoes, and a whistle, which for some 19-20 yr. olds might still be a small fortune. Just trying to think outside the box.
The official/ instructor that ran my sons class always finds a tourney that pays at least the class fees for them while he evaluates them. Made it a lot easier for a junior in high school.

We have to start pushing this as much as possible. We had to cancel a MS tournament this weekend due to lack of officials. We contacted every association around the state and could not get anyone to fill in. Wrestlers should not have to miss out on events due to a shortage of officials.

Although I understand why people don't want to do it (treatment by fans, athletes, and coaches is horrible)...we still need to push this as much as possible!

rr23724, if you are having an issue getting officials for a MS tournament, perhaps recruit officials from your high school team. Tell them they will get a contract if they pass the class. Every association will hold a class for a handful of wrestlers.

During my premeet duties, I ask the seniors to take the class. Working a MS/JV tournament or biddy tournament is better than delivering pizza during college. If we can retain any after college, our numbers will increase.

Awax, I am in Sandusky. If you are able to travel part of that way, I will open a class for you and will work around your schedule. If not, email me at lwikel@erieblacktop.com and I will contact the North Central Association for you.

Anyone know when the next officiating class is? Would like to get certified to give back to a sport which has given me more than I could ever ask for.

I live around the Newark/Mt. Vernon area and I would like to get certified. I coach a youth team but would like to do more. Who should I contact?

Coaches....ask your wrestlers..then can earn $$$ and become better wrestlers.

Want to be a wrestling referee???
Come to my "One Weekend - Are You A Duck!"
April 12/13 & 14 at Otterbein University in conjunction with the 12th annual Autism Tournament.
WE NEED REFS! Are you 14 years of age? Then you can take the class and be licensed....also if you are under 18, OHSAA wil reduce the fee.
High school wrestlers....this is a GREAT way to do some community service and get paid! Bring your whole team and take the class! You can then work the middle school events we have in Central Ohio and be assisted by a senior ref. Its a win win!
Also please SHARE this on FB.

Contact me for more info: ffeeney45@gmail.com
or sign up here by following the directions:
https://www.ohsaa.org/Officiating/permits/category1

One of my Juniors refs our local peewee stuff. I tagged him in a post about this on Twitter and he said he plans to do it. He is a "by the book" type of kid so a great addition to the officiating pool.

I texted Refman about your inquiries and he's having trouble logging in to Yappi... Banned maybe? Lol, I kid. But said to pass along contact info for those interested.

Fred Feeney
Email: ffeeney45@gmail.com
Text: 614.946.6167

Fantastic Idea.

The officiating I’ve seen this year has been awful. Lack of stall calls on kids running for 5:30 minutes in a 6:00 minute match is embarrassing. Kids riding hips for 1:40 after an early takedown. Refs are definitely in a shortage.

Want to be a wrestling referee?? Male and Female! Are you at least 14? Bring your teammates and help do MS matches and get paid in season! A One Weekend "Are You A Duck" class will be held:
Oct/22/2021 9:00 AM 5:00 PM Ohio High School Athletic Assoc., Roselea Room
10/23/2021 9:00 AM 5:00 PM Westerville North H.S
10/24/2021 9:00 AM 5:00 PM Otterbein Univ., Wrestling Against Autism Tourn.
This has always been a great class and condensed into one weekend makes it easy peasy! This class will be limited to 40 so get in early!

Here is the link to sign up:

https://officials.myohsaa.org/Profile/ShowCourse/34293

Need more info? Contact Ron Joseph: ron-joseph@att.net
Or Fred at 614.946.6167

i have tournaments for new guys to work in all areas of the state. text me at 740-891-1970 and i can hook them up with some dates.