Lemon Law in Ohio

Soooooooooooooooo, day 132 of 2021 and my Jeep has failed for the 7th time this year, I've had it maybe 12-15 days this year when it has actually worked. I have a clean credit score, last time I checked my score was 810+. Since I owe $19,000 on it and it literally never runs I'm thinking of not paying on it anymore and have it get repo'd, what's the bad side of this? Thoughts? Suggestions? Anything comments of value will be appreciated.....

Several years back some guy was having a problem similar to yours. Once a week or so, him and a small group of his friends took to the sidewalk in front of the dealership carrying signs. After a few weeks someone evidently tipped off one of the local TV stations and they filmed it and interviewed the car owner. No one from the dealership would comment on camera. They showed it during the 6 o'clock news.

By the next week the problem was resolved. The dealerships GM was interviewed on TV now talking about "customer satisfaction" and such. The guy had a brand new ride.

Soooooooooooooooo, day 132 of 2021 and my Jeep has failed for the 7th time this year, I've had it maybe 12-15 days this year when it has actually worked. I have a clean credit score, last time I checked my score was 810+. Since I owe $19,000 on it and it literally never runs I'm thinking of not paying on it anymore and have it get repo'd, what's the bad side of this? Thoughts? Suggestions? Anything comments of value will be appreciated.....
Did you ask for the name and contact info for the Chrysler Zone Manager in your area?

Have you taken it to a second, reliable mechanic? Sometimes, one doc can see something another cannot.

Your situation has to be super frustrating. Hang in there!

That will kill that nice credit score. I'd trade it in at the Jeep dealer if nothing else.

Did you chase the problem up the chain at Jeep? You might also want to recount your misery on social media platforms if all else fails as bigger companies monitor that stuff.
I talked to the GM today and asked him to make me an offer, also got the owner's name, I'll give the GM a fair chance at a fair offer, more to come.
Haven't barked up the Jeep train yet, still awaiting local help, but an option for sure.

Several years back some guy was having a problem similar to yours. Once a week or so, him and a small group of his friends took to the sidewalk in front of the dealership carrying signs. After a few weeks someone evidently tipped off one of the local TV stations and they filmed it and interviewed the car owner. No one from the dealership would comment on camera. They showed it during the 6 o'clock news.

By the next week the problem was resolved. The dealerships GM was interviewed on TV now talking about "customer satisfaction" and such. The guy had a brand new ride.
Thought has crossed my mind for sure, but don't have that time to invest, have a busy work life and twin high school athletes and throw in a unreliable Jeep and I take it day by day.

Have you taken it to a second, reliable mechanic? Sometimes, one doc can see something another cannot.

Your situation has to be super frustrating. Hang in there!
Thought has crossed my mind and that has been suggested to me by others. My issue is, Jeep is telling me this is a once in a generation one off issue, they do all the troubleshooting for free. I've already got over $1,000 in failed Jeep repairs and I owe $19,000 on my car note, I have to draw a line somewhere financially, just not sure where that's at, but I do know it's coming closer by the day.
Frustrating is not the word.........

I would suggest not using the tactic an old friend of mine used back in the day telling a service manager that the next time he'd be seeing his car was when it would be coming through his showroom window.

If they don't give you relief at the dealer, you really need to start up the ladder at Jeep. At some point, you may want to resort to just jumping to the top rung with a certified mail letter to the CEO.

That would not be your best remedy IMO. I would stay civil, which you have, and try other approaches such as contacting your state representative or state attorney general.

The problem with getting it repo'd is the issue follows you long after they take the car away. You will still owe for the vehicle unless you really screw yourself up with a bankruptcy. You dont want to go down that route.

When they repair the vehicle, at that point you could sell it? Either to them (the dealer) or to some other unsuspecting jeep enthusiast. I'm sure spending a few thousand to get out from under the vehicle is frustrating but you have a late model , low mileage vehicle and an all time tight used car market so you would think now is the time to work out a fair deal.

My brother had a similar problem with a Dodge Ram last year, and he sat down with the general manager and sales manager together and worked out a value for his vehicle. They each took about a $6000 dollar hit on it. He offered to absorb $.30 per mile driven and they paid him based on that figure, which was $6,000 above wholesale price. In his case though they had serviced his van for an oil change then did not screw the oil filter back on and he seized the engine up driving it home. They had negligent work on their hands.

More thoughts on the negatives of discontinued payment and repo. You dont want to lose negotiating power, which is what would happen if you break your end of the contractual agreement. You would allowing them to dictate terms of settlement with little to no leverage on your side.