Lee Corso

They did a bunch of stuff for him a couple years ago as if he was retiring but it never happened. Contract? He signed an extension in 2017 but it does not say for how long?

Saw the video of him putting the Brutus head on as he picked the Buckeyes to win.

He’s got nothing left. Herbie was helping him through the segments like Corso was a special needs child.

Saw the video of him putting the Brutus head on as he picked the Buckeyes to win.

He’s got nothing left. Herbie was helping him through the segments like Corso was a special needs child.
It’s been like that for a few years. They have to pre-script Lee’s mascot head pick monologue with Herbie involved because Lee sadly doesn’t have the brain power to remember what to say or be trusted to come up with what to say organically.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

It's been rough for Lee for a few years. He needs to be finished after this year. I know he loves it, but it's not right to put him out there like this in his current cognitive state.

I don’t get the add. Personality wise he’s more Barstool than ESPN. You’d think, given the fact that Des already has the clown role covered, GameDay would have gone with someone to match Kirk and Reeces more professional tones.

McAfee will probably take on the Corso sideshow role during the picks whenever Corso goes away.

It’s clear Herbie wants him there and probably lobbies hard to keep him around. To phase-out the face of the show for 35 years is tough but it’s obviously time

It’s clear Herbie wants him there and probably lobbies hard to keep him around. To phase-out the face of the show for 35 years is tough but it’s obviously time
Some just don't know what it's time to go...like the guy in your avatar. 😬

He is still pretty sharp in his mind but the ability to verbally express himself well has been limited since his stroke.

I cared for my dad for 30 years who had dementia - the last 10 were a real struggle. He had 3 strokes in 2020 and that added a whole new level of struggle to the situation. I didn't get a lot of help with him and I would get frustrated. My wife would remind me that I wouldn't have him for long and I needed to try to appreciate him while I can. The 3rd stroke did him in.

I guess I look at Lee in that light. He is a treasure and I'm going to try to appreciate him while we have him. It won't be for much longer.

But there is something legit to the point that perhaps it's not the best idea to put his struggles and deteriorated state on national television - that it's not the best thing for him.

Seeing how much Kirk clearly loves the man, I suspect that Lee has felt that having GameDay to look forward to helps keep him going and Kirk has made that happen.

It's been rough for Lee for a few years. He needs to be finished after this year. I know he loves it, but it's not right to put him out there like this in his current cognitive state.
i think he needs to retire from Gameday and then work with Biden on his speeches......

If we're going to take ESPN personalities off the air for embarassing comments...where does the line stop. About 80% of their on air personalities would be out of work. ESPN is in the entertainment business, it's not sports.
Corso needed to retire about a decade ago. It’s cringeworthy and embarrassing and I’m shocked that ESPN continues to allow him to embarrass himself on national TV.