Lakota West v Princeton

WEST 24-17..
Heat will be a factor. Not sure Princeton will be able to battle both the heat and WEST.

Last edited:
You trying to say Princeton is not in condition?
Hydration planning should have started already given the forecasted temps for both teams.
Both teams will have cramp issues but I think WEST will have an edge in making sure most athletes follow a hydration plan.

Hydration planning should have started already given the forecasted temps for both teams.
Both teams will have cramp issues but I think WEST will have an edge in making sure most athletes follow a hydration plan.
Why would WEST have and edge? What are you trying to say? I'm curious

Why would WEST have and edge? What are you trying to say? I'm curious
I think WEST athletes will be more disciplined to follow a hydration plan. Hopefully cramping does not impact the game too much. Should be a tight contest though and a player or two going down could make the difference.

I’ve watched GMC football for many, many, many years and can assure you that Princeton has lost many games simply by being the less disciplined team on the field. Princeton has arguably the most talent of any team year in and year out and for years would lose because the other team was more fundamentally sound in there scheme and execution.
With that, I think Parker has kind of remedied that narrative of things to an extent and is why you’ve seen 9-1 and 8-2 seasons the last two. However, if anyone thinks Princeton’s talent wasn’t better than Mason’s last year is crazy and the Vikes still managed to find a way to lose to them. So, I think that’s where his statements stem from. Talent has been regional final quality, but results haven’t been and speak for themself.

I’ve watched GMC football for many, many, many years and can assure you that Princeton has lost many games simply by being the less disciplined team on the field. Princeton has arguably the most talent of any team year in and year out and for years would lose because the other team was more fundamentally sound in there scheme and execution.
With that, I think Parker has kind of remedied that narrative of things to an extent and is why you’ve seen 9-1 and 8-2 seasons the last two. However, if anyone thinks Princeton’s talent wasn’t better than Mason’s last year is crazy and the Vikes still managed to find a way to lose to them. So, I think that’s where his statements stem from. Talent has been regional final quality, but results haven’t been and speak for themself.
First you said, "Parker has kind of remedied that narrative of things to an extent and is why you’ve seen 9-1 and 8-2 seasons the last two".

Then you said, " However, if anyone thinks Princeton’s talent wasn’t better than Mason’s last year is crazy and the Vikes still managed to find a way to lose to them. So, I think that’s where his statements stem from. Talent has been regional final quality, but results haven’t been and speak for themself."

So which one is it? Pick a stance. 17-3 in two years which happens to be the best two year stretch and start by a head coach in almost thirty years at the school is really good, or are the results still not there?

Last edited:
It's been about Princeton playing against well coached teams like Lakota West for me. Discipline has definitely been a issue when facing teams like that. But I also believe Princeton’s non conference schedule the last 6 or 7 years have been subpar at best with Anderson being the best team they have played. 2016 and 2017 they played Springfield home and home going 1-1. You got to play teams in non conference that will prepare you for the top teams. It's going to be a huge difference in talent between Elyria and Lakota West. With all that said, let's go Vikes

Still scratching my head about that Mason loss!

First you said, "Parker has kind of remedied that narrative of things to an extent and is why you’ve seen 9-1 and 8-2 seasons the last two".

Then you said, " However, if anyone thinks Princeton’s talent wasn’t better than Mason’s last year is crazy and the Vikes still managed to find a way to lose to them. So, I think that’s where his statements stem from. Talent has been regional final quality, but results haven’t been and speak for themself."

So which one is it? Pick a stance. 17-3 in two years which happens to be the best two year stretch and start by a head coach in almost thirty years at the school is really good, or are the results still not there?

This conversation has been framed up in several other threads, but we can have it here as well if you like.

Parker is incredible at recruiting talent, terrible at coaching it. He should have a job as a college recruiter, not a head football coach. Going back to WW, his teams chronically under achieve relative to the talent they have and lose too many games that they should not (like Mason last year).

This post is pretty laughable because you are basically saying he's the best coach they've had since Mancuso (which Daniels aside, isn't much of a statement at all), based on the fact that they won a bunch of games with the kids Daniels developed and handed to him. If all you care about as a fan is a W-L record, then you are likely pleased with the results.

But if you truly understand football and the superior athletic talent that has been on these teams (and his last WW teams) you recognize that they are underperforming relative to their potential despite how good those WL records are. You need look no further than WW winning the state title the very year he left for proof of that.

I have no doubt that he will continue to recruit great players to backfill as Daniels' players graduate, and get some eye-popping individual results out of them and beat the crap out of overmatched teams, but his teams never play as complete teams in the big games (and sometime games like Mason), and things like lack of discipline speak directly to coaching, not the kids.

All this said, this is definitely their chance to end the league title drought. LW graduated a significant number of contributing players and is early in the season with a freshman QB and I think the jury is still out as to who has the most talent end-to-end on the roster at this second. The league as a whole is incredibly down and Fairfield and Mason really loom as the only potential tripping points, but are both games this Princeton team should definitely win. This is their chance, let's see what happens Friday.

It's been about Princeton playing against well coached teams like Lakota West for me. Discipline has definitely been a issue when facing teams like that. But I also believe Princeton’s non conference schedule the last 6 or 7 years have been subpar at best with Anderson being the best team they have played. 2016 and 2017 they played Springfield home and home going 1-1. You got to play teams in non conference that will prepare you for the top teams. It's going to be a huge difference in talent between Elyria and Lakota West. With all that said, let's go Vikes
I think the obvious is WW v Princeton, it'll certainly prepare "both" teams for the season ahead.

This conversation has been framed up in several other threads, but we can have it here as well if you like.

Parker is incredible at recruiting talent, terrible at coaching it. He should have a job as a college recruiter, not a head football coach. Going back to WW, his teams chronically under achieve relative to the talent they have and lose too many games that they should not (like Mason last year).

This post is pretty laughable because you are basically saying he's the best coach they've had since Mancuso (which Daniels aside, isn't much of a statement at all), based on the fact that they won a bunch of games with the kids Daniels developed and handed to him. If all you care about as a fan is a W-L record, then you are likely pleased with the results.

But if you truly understand football and the superior athletic talent that has been on these teams (and his last WW teams) you recognize that they are underperforming relative to their potential despite how good those WL records are. You need look no further than WW winning the state title the very year he left for proof of that.

I have no doubt that he will continue to recruit great players to backfill as Daniels' players graduate, and get some eye-popping individual results out of them and beat the crap out of overmatched teams, but his teams never play as complete teams in the big games (and sometime games like Mason), and things like lack of discipline speak directly to coaching, not the kids.

All this said, this is definitely their chance to end the league title drought. LW graduated a significant number of contributing players and is early in the season with a freshman QB and I think the jury is still out as to who has the most talent end-to-end on the roster at this second. The league as a whole is incredibly down and Fairfield and Mason really loom as the only potential tripping points, but are both games this Princeton team should definitely win. This is their chance, let's see what happens Friday.
The best coach since Mancuso aside from Parker was Miltenberger.

It's been about Princeton playing against well coached teams like Lakota West for me. Discipline has definitely been an issue when facing teams like that. But I also believe Princeton’s non conference schedule the last 6 or 7 years have been subpar at best with Anderson being the best team they have played. 2016 and 2017 they played Springfield home and home going 1-1. You got to play teams in non conference that will prepare you for the top teams. It's going to be a huge difference in talent between Elyria and Lakota West. With all that said, let's go Vikes
That will be fixed next year! Opening up with Big Moe!

I think WEST athletes will be more disciplined to follow a hydration plan. Hopefully cramping does not impact the game too much. Should be a tight contest though and a player or two going down could make the difference.
I believe West will be more disciplined overall as a Team. That’s why they will Win the Game.

Standing by my prediction that Princeton's offense will at least score a touchdown this year. lol.

Pretty sure - Tom Boldens first two years he was 19-1.