Lakota West v Princeton

This conversation has been framed up in several other threads, but we can have it here as well if you like.

Parker is incredible at recruiting talent, terrible at coaching it. He should have a job as a college recruiter, not a head football coach. Going back to WW, his teams chronically under achieve relative to the talent they have and lose too many games that they should not (like Mason last year).

This post is pretty laughable because you are basically saying he's the best coach they've had since Mancuso (which Daniels aside, isn't much of a statement at all), based on the fact that they won a bunch of games with the kids Daniels developed and handed to him. If all you care about as a fan is a W-L record, then you are likely pleased with the results.

But if you truly understand football and the superior athletic talent that has been on these teams (and his last WW teams) you recognize that they are underperforming relative to their potential despite how good those WL records are. You need look no further than WW winning the state title the very year he left for proof of that.

I have no doubt that he will continue to recruit great players to backfill as Daniels' players graduate, and get some eye-popping individual results out of them and beat the crap out of overmatched teams, but his teams never play as complete teams in the big games (and sometime games like Mason), and things like lack of discipline speak directly to coaching, not the kids.

All this said, this is definitely their chance to end the league title drought. LW graduated a significant number of contributing players and is early in the season with a freshman QB and I think the jury is still out as to who has the most talent end-to-end on the roster at this second. The league as a whole is incredibly down and Fairfield and Mason really loom as the only potential tripping points, but are both games this Princeton team should definitely win. This is their chance, let's see what happens Friday.
Man u have to let tht Olentangy lost go. I don't know what Parker did to u but u ride him pretty hard. Have u ever thought or tried to give him credit for saving some of these young men lives by giving them an opportunity to play football at schools like WW & Princeton. Every post someone mentioned Parker, u run to talk about him. Geesh we get it he lost some games he should've won. Then u say he took Mike D talent but gives WWs staff credit for winning state w kids who came to WW to play for Parker. I'm a WW guy but geesh can u let whatever u have against this man go.

Man u have to let tht Olentangy lost go. I don't know what Parker did to u but u ride him pretty hard. Have u ever thought or tried to give him credit for saving some of these young men lives by giving them an opportunity to play football at schools like WW & Princeton. Every post someone mentioned Parker, u run to talk about him. Geesh we get it he lost some games he should've won. Then u say he took Mike D talent but gives WWs staff credit for winning state w kids who came to WW to play for Parker. I'm a WW guy but geesh can u let whatever u have against this man go.
No doubt GeneralBigCat! I think Parker got the better end of a lunch trade in the cafeteria for a little debbie snack cake when they were little in Forest Park or something. He is obsessed with Parker :LOL:. He needs to go to counseling for his issues. I think he dreams about the man at night.

No doubt GeneralBigCat! I think Parker got the better end of a lunch trade in the cafeteria for a little debbie snack cake when they were little in Forest Park or something. He is obsessed with Parker :LOL:. He needs to go to counseling for his issues. I think he dreams about the man at night.
Has to be because the guy has made 5 different pages to go after Parker lol let it go plz. 🤣🤣

Home cooking. West receiver with two hands on the ball gets blasted shoulder pads into the chest. Beautiful hit. Personal foul.

Princeton scored 3 TD’s in one game! Against your favorite school and team. 😂
Keep standing.
Lakota West defense played fine. Princeton should have had turnovers on their 2 offensive TD drives except for the worst officiating crew I've ever seen. Other TD was a pick-6. Don't get me wrong, Princeton deserved to win because West was never going to score, but the officials were atrocious. First non-turnover was a muffed punt that Lakota West recovered. I think the officials ruled fair catch interference (it might have been), but didn't throw a flag or enforce a penalty. The second non-turnover was Princeton throwing a backwards lateral on a swing pass that got dropped with Lakota West recovering. Ball was clearly 3-4 yards backwards. Princeton score on both drives. Aside from that, the officials kept sending players out of the game for having their shirts untucked and they called 2 targeting penalties (1 on each team) on clean tackles that were just hard hits.

Lakota West defense played fine. Princeton should have had turnovers on their 2 offensive TD drives except for the worst officiating crew I've ever seen. Other TD was a pick-6. Don't get me wrong, Princeton deserved to win because West was never going to score, but the officials were atrocious. First non-turnover was a muffed punt that Lakota West recovered. I think the officials ruled fair catch interference (it might have been), but didn't throw a flag or enforce a penalty. The second non-turnover was Princeton throwing a backwards lateral on a swing pass that got dropped with Lakota West recovering. Ball was clearly 3-4 yards backwards. Princeton score on both drives. Aside from that, the officials kept sending players out of the game for having their shirts untucked and they called 2 targeting penalties (1 on each team) on clean tackles that were just hard hits.

Neither of the plays you describe happened on Princeton scoring drives. The muffed punt happened in the second quarter. The score was still 3-0 at halftime. The "backward pass" is at the 3:23:50 mark here:
The QB is at the West 44, the receiver at the West 42 (maybe 43). Princeton punted on this drive, then scored on its next drive.

I agree the officiating absolutely stunk. Some of worst I’ve ever seen. If I was Kauffman the tape would be going to OHSAA tomorrow. But I think the only way West was winning this was if it ended 3-0. West offense is atrocious.

Neither of the plays you describe happened on Princeton scoring drives. The muffed punt happened in the second quarter. The score was still 3-0 at halftime. The "backward pass" is at the 3:23:50 mark here:
The QB is at the West 44, the receiver at the West 42 (maybe 43). Princeton punted on this drive, then scored on its next drive.
Yea, on review, right call on the lateral/pass call. Still don't know what they called on the muffed punt. Sorry, I was watching 3 games at once.

You're joking, right? Worked both ways. How about the non call when the time was out at the end of the first quarter? Refs do not stop the clock/play, and you proceed to complete a long pass they rule a completed pass. West goes and scores 3 points after a LONG delay and protest by Princeton directly after that play. HORRIBLE officiating all night indeed.

You're joking, right? Worked both ways. How about the non call when the time was out at the end of the first quarter? Refs do not stop the clock/play, and you proceed to complete a long pass they rule a completed pass. West goes and scores 3 points after a LONG delay and protest by Princeton directly after that play. HORRIBLE officiating all night indeed.
Oh, it was bad all the way around. Just the calls on the turnovers are BIG swing calls. That crew needs to go ref some junior high games or something. They had no business refereeing a top level varsity game.

The second non-turnover was Princeton throwing a backwards lateral on a swing pass that got dropped with Lakota West recovering. Ball was clearly 3-4 yards backwards.
Classic example of people having a perception that's not close to reality.

The ball went forward 2 yards, not backwards 3-4 yards.

All week I heard Princeton was undisciplined and Parker has no control over his kids. Truthfully the score should've been worst. All the recruiting Bolden has done over the years how many state championships does he own? I've noticed when it comes to African American coaches and teams why is "discipline" always brought up?

JBaller, I enjoy hearing your take on Yappi on a lot of things, you sound like you know football and add senseful thoughts to these discussions. But I have to disagree with your take on that pass, after seeing it clearly on the film. It clearly was a forward pass. QBs feet were on the 44 (going in) when he threw it, and receiver's feet were on the 42 when he lost it. Definitely forward. Incomplete pass.

I've noticed when it comes to African American coaches and teams why is "discipline" always brought up?
It's not. Period.

Bolden's teams are notorious for getting numerous personal fouls and unsportsmanlike penalties.

Lots of coaches' teams are undisciplined.

Get your head out of the sand and quit looking for controversy.

JBaller, I enjoy hearing your take on Yappi on a lot of things, you sound like you know football and add senseful thoughts to these discussions. But I have to disagree with your take on that pass, after seeing it clearly on the film. It clearly was a forward pass. QBs feet were on the 44 (going in) when he threw it, and receiver's feet were on the 42 when he lost it. Definitely forward. Incomplete pass.
Yea, somebody earlier made me go back and look at it. Forward pass.

On the swing pass it definitely was a bad call . But on the other end of that the referee was calling it incomplete from the time he started blowing his whistle. Bad call but referee sold it from the start and they didn’t have to huddle and talk about it for 8 minutes. Like they did at 11:53 mark in the second quarter to say we forgot to stop the game and end the 1st quarter let the play stand