La Salle Lancer Football

I suppose this is an OHSAA related question, but looking at the roster it raised a question.

I notice that there are players that appear on multiple rosters. Freshman and Varsity or JV and Varsity. This raised the question: Can a freshman or sophomore play in a Freshman or JV game and the Varsity game for a given week?

I haven't seen him play a game so don't know that he locks in on one guy throughout... Keif is a legit D1 proscpect so don't see anything out of the ordinary by going to him 75% of the time during passing situations. Saw Keif play last year in the CrossTown and he caught +10 passes and was targeted more than that, so don't see anything different this year.

I understand that Kief is a legit D1 prospect. But, if you throw to him 75% of the time, regardless of coverage or play call, it is not a good way to move the ball down the field. There are 2 other receivers and the H back running routes on nearly every play as well. And when I say he locks onto a target, I mean he pre-determines before the play starts or develops who he is going to throw to. And he will throw into triple coverage and leave other receivers wide open by doing so.

I suppose this is an OHSAA related question, but looking at the roster it raised a question.

I notice that there are players that appear on multiple rosters. Freshman and Varsity or JV and Varsity. This raised the question: Can a freshman or sophomore play in a Freshman or JV game and the Varsity game for a given week?

Yes. I believe they are allowed a certain number of quarters per week to play. So a soph can play 2-3 qtrs of JV and then play 2-3 qtrs of varsity. However, I believe there is a cap on the number of quarters.

Yes. I believe they are allowed a certain number of quarters per week to play. So a soph can play 2-3 qtrs of JV and then play 2-3 qtrs of varsity. However, I believe there is a cap on the number of quarters.

If they play less than two quarters in a varsity game, they can play in the JV or Freshman game that weekend.

I guess either nobody knows or nobody cares the talk about it.... could this have been another fine move by our illustrious coach? it was obvious that the scrimmage was not any good for the O or the D but he kept putting him in until almost the very end. It was a foregone conclusion that this was not working why didn't you just stick with the second string most the second. Anybody know anything about this kid Meyer? Cc you have any thoughts on the matter

Go lancers

just a couple of thoughts:

I respect your opinion and you have a right to voice it anywhere - anytime you want really. It just doesn't help when it is done in season. Many of our boys read these threads... its easy to coach and manage a team from our seats in the stands-

If Meyer is our QB- lets get behind him. If its Watson- lets get behind him. I want to win more than anyone but I try to keep hold of La Salle's bigger picture here- these qbs and others are learning very quickly that all of their hours of practice and prep in the off-season are now meeting opportunity. This will happen all their lives on and off the field - let's hope they are ready and rise to the challenge; if only we could count how many times our guys decide not to quit mentally and persevere when practice or games are hard; how many times they put the team first overcoming selfishness and personal vanity; can we quantify the sacrifices they make everyday to practice as hard as they do just to bring pride to themselves and our school? these lessons will make them better men- not just football players..

CC

Let me state that I have absolutely all the respect and appreciation for all the players for the time they put in and for all that they do both on and off the field not only representing LaSalle but also themselves and their families. what I have a problem with is the questionable usage of our players in coaching situations that would be seemingly unnecessary to place them in. We all remember the Sheehan problem and now we have the Burkardt problem both times of which there was nothing to be gained by keeping them in the game. I hope Meyer shows his confidence that he said in the past makes good decisions and the defense shows up and a W goes in our column. Over the years we have questions a lot of what the coaching decisions have been, and my only concern was that this pattern continues to repeat itself and very important people keep getting hurt which I feel unnecessarily . kudos to all the players...? to some of our coaches

Go Lancers

Thanks Twillke! Your observations are respected and I appreciate your call for excellence with respect to the coaches. Are you going to make the game on Saturday? Me and my brood will be cheering our boys to hopefully the first W of the season..

CC

P.S. La Salle faithful- check out Tavern on the Bend tonight and support the hardest working broadcast team in GCL football - WLSN! They will be doing the Lancer Line Live tonight at 6pm... wear Red!

If they play less than two quarters in a varsity game, they can play in the JV or Freshman game that weekend.

Remember that "playing" a quarter doesn't mean 12 minutes. If you were in the game during that quarter, even for one play, that counts. (at least thats what i've been told) Not sure how special teams fit in however. I know alot of teams will try to get kids playing time on ST so that could blow JV out of the water without good planning.

Is the freshman lineman going to get snaps Saturday night with the varsity?

It would not shock me at all to see Luke out there on Saturday night. Except for Baumer, he is the biggest lineman we have. Top that with the fact that his dad has been working with him for years. I hear he holds his own on the practice field.

Thanks Twillke! Your observations are respected and I appreciate your call for excellence with respect to the coaches. Are you going to make the game on Saturday? Me and my brood will be cheering our boys to hopefully the first W of the season..

CC

P.S. La Salle faithful- check out Tavern on the Bend tonight and support the hardest working broadcast team in GCL football - WLSN! They will be doing the Lancer Line Live tonight at 6pm... wear Red!

CC: i wear two hats on this my son is on the Lakota West freshman team playing in the defense and although he's injured I'll be at the game Friday night both games and Saturday but in deference to my son I will be sitting on Lakota side luckily I have a red hat with an L on it which could suffice for both teams and although outwardly I'll be voting/cheering for the west, internally it's all Lancer

CC: i wear two hats on this my son is on the Lakota West freshman team playing in the defense and although he's injured I'll be at the game Friday night both games and Saturday but in deference to my son I will be sitting on Lakota side luckily I have a red hat with an L on it which could suffice for both teams and although outwardly I'll be voting/cheering for the west, internally it's all Lancer

Gotcha!

CC

P.S. La Salle faithful check your emails - tailgate location was changed this morning for tonights game... Let's go Lancers!

Ouch! Lakota West is whooping some Lancer Butt! Gonna be a long season if you cant beat West. Colerain lost to West once, about 20 years ago.

I don't know what game the coaches are at but they certainly not in this one. Although the exception for the fumbles, they look very out of sync there is no variation in the pass play, they're allover the middle, there's no screen live or absolutely no running and everybody up here in the stands have been pretty good to predict where the next pass was going to

Watson is going to be a very good QB. Actually, he is pretty good right now.

4 turnovers, poor choices have cost La Salle.

I must disagree twice in the red zone and all the time passes were poorly call. No running no passing to the flats no use of crossbucks etc, draws etc the kids are doing the best they can but I really question grippa playcalling in the red zone. This game should be tied

I must disagree twice in the red zone and all the time passes were poorly call. No running no passing to the flats no use of crossbucks etc, draws etc the kids are doing the best they can but I really question grippa playcalling in the red zone. This game should be tied

I guess you were responding to my comment.

I understand why you misunderstand my comment.

The announcers on the La Salle broadcast mentioned that somewhere on the La Salle website or twitter the current stats are being kept. I am looking for where the stats are being posted.