Kenston DII District 2024

Neither scratch so far has real impact on the structure of the tournament. Maybe limited at 215 as it gives Beard (Louisville) an easier pickup in the first round, as I thought he was going to get a 4 over 1 anyway.

My forecasting has Buckeye clearing nine to state, though I think eight is the more likely outcome.

106 - Walker/Prosperi is an obvious final. I think the next four best kids are paired up in the other two quarter brackets. I'm projecting Otero & Carpenter to get out.
113 - Bartos and Barker are the class of the field, and should meet in the final. I think LoFaso/Carone is the key quarter to determine the fourth qualifier with Bean likely to beat that quarter's loser in the other go-to.
120 - Limbert is clearly ahead of the field here. I have Rocco v Czarnecki in the other semi with both likely to get out. The fourth spot should be between Sindelar and the winner of the bottom quarter bracket (Kaleal, O'Donnell, or Rhoads)
126 - Barker is the best of the field. I like Coffin from the other half, though Jackson and Stanley/Childers are tossup type matches for him. In terms of the backside qualifiers, I'm picking Harrison and Jackson, though it's an open weight class outside of Barker for the last three spots.
132 - Hickman leads the way here. I think Duniec is a solid number two, with Hart and Reid the next two best. They're all in different quarters.
138 - Scharrer to clear the bottom (Bissell then Duniec quarter and semi), Wade to clear the top (McKee then Burt/Nezbeth). Go-to winners: Bissell and McKee
144 - Beckett/Dunlap meet in a quarter, the winner should hit the final. Down in the lower half, I think Hobbs is the pick for the finalist spot. In terms of go-to, I think Dunlap gets out, then I think it's Trisket v Hall in the top half of consi.
150 - I like Craddock for the overall weight class, Brunst then Bartlett quarter and semi. I like Klimak in the lower half, Bee then Jones quarter and semi. Go-to wise, I like Bee and Brunst, though I think Brunst over Jones would be a reversal of the sectional.
157 - King is the favorite in the overall weight, quarterfinal v Hurley an interesting match. Lower half is wide open, I think Vencil (Pugh) over Denamen (Jarvis) is my semifinal pick. Go-to wise, Hurley/Denamen would be a sectional final rematch, while I have Pugh clearing the top half of consolation.
165 - Shaw-Mason and Badiu are the two best in the weight, unfortunately they're both in the top half. The Callock/Nixon quarterfinal winner takes second, while the loser is fifth at best. I have Blough getting the fourth qualifying spot.
175 - Again the two best kids are in the top half, Duffy and Maloney. I have Lucas (Oslin) over Heath (Stecker) for the bottom half finalist spot. I like the bottom semifinal loser to get out, while the bottom quarter losers feed into Maloney, which is not a good position.
190 - Neitenbach is acres ahead of this field. I think Eddy is the next best here, though there's a massive gap from 1-to-2 that is greater than from like 2-to-6. Other qualifiers for me are Webster and Church, though it's anyone's guess.
215 - Two of the three best kids in this weight are the late droppers from 285, Wheatley and Vanscoy. I think Griffith is the other top three kid in the weight for the district. While I project Malone to take the fourth qualifying spot.
285 - Rather congest weight class with six highly competitive kids. It's similar to last year at this district in that regard with likely very close quarters, semis, and go-to. My picks are Mozden, Doyle, Feister, Bowser, Luce, and Greenberg in that order.

285: Bowser Dec 3-1 over Luce in semis at the EOWL. Could meet again in goto.
I haven’t seen Feister wrestle but all reports say he is a freshman phenom and I don’t doubt it.
I do know Bowser is one slick HWT from what I saw at the EOWL. Bowser won by decision over McCracken from United in the finals using a combo of speed and technique. I don’t remember the last time I saw a high school HWT hit a High C (and he finished it with one arm).
Also heard he was a Fargo AA in Greco (5th).
Still a tough weight even with Van Scoy and Wheatley moving down to 215 (otherwise would be an insane weight class)
Will be interesting to see how this shakes out this weekend.
Good luck to all wrestlers!

I do know Bowser is one slick HWT from what I saw at the EOWL. Bowser won by decision over McCracken from United in the finals using a combo of speed and technique. I don’t remember the last time I saw a high school HWT hit a High C (and he finished it with one arm).

Trgovak in '77. :cool:

Neither scratch so far has real impact on the structure of the tournament. Maybe limited at 215 as it gives Beard (Louisville) an easier pickup in the first round, as I thought he was going to get a 4 over 1 anyway.

My forecasting has Buckeye clearing nine to state, though I think eight is the more likely outcome.

106 - Walker/Prosperi is an obvious final. I think the next four best kids are paired up in the other two quarter brackets. I'm projecting Otero & Carpenter to get out.
113 - Bartos and Barker are the class of the field, and should meet in the final. I think LoFaso/Carone is the key quarter to determine the fourth qualifier with Bean likely to beat that quarter's loser in the other go-to.
120 - Limbert is clearly ahead of the field here. I have Rocco v Czarnecki in the other semi with both likely to get out. The fourth spot should be between Sindelar and the winner of the bottom quarter bracket (Kaleal, O'Donnell, or Rhoads)
126 - Barker is the best of the field. I like Coffin from the other half, though Jackson and Stanley/Childers are tossup type matches for him. In terms of the backside qualifiers, I'm picking Harrison and Jackson, though it's an open weight class outside of Barker for the last three spots.
132 - Hickman leads the way here. I think Duniec is a solid number two, with Hart and Reid the next two best. They're all in different quarters.
138 - Scharrer to clear the bottom (Bissell then Duniec quarter and semi), Wade to clear the top (McKee then Burt/Nezbeth). Go-to winners: Bissell and McKee
144 - Beckett/Dunlap meet in a quarter, the winner should hit the final. Down in the lower half, I think Hobbs is the pick for the finalist spot. In terms of go-to, I think Dunlap gets out, then I think it's Trisket v Hall in the top half of consi.
150 - I like Craddock for the overall weight class, Brunst then Bartlett quarter and semi. I like Klimak in the lower half, Bee then Jones quarter and semi. Go-to wise, I like Bee and Brunst, though I think Brunst over Jones would be a reversal of the sectional.
157 - King is the favorite in the overall weight, quarterfinal v Hurley an interesting match. Lower half is wide open, I think Vencil (Pugh) over Denamen (Jarvis) is my semifinal pick. Go-to wise, Hurley/Denamen would be a sectional final rematch, while I have Pugh clearing the top half of consolation.
165 - Shaw-Mason and Badiu are the two best in the weight, unfortunately they're both in the top half. The Callock/Nixon quarterfinal winner takes second, while the loser is fifth at best. I have Blough getting the fourth qualifying spot.
175 - Again the two best kids are in the top half, Duffy and Maloney. I have Lucas (Oslin) over Heath (Stecker) for the bottom half finalist spot. I like the bottom semifinal loser to get out, while the bottom quarter losers feed into Maloney, which is not a good position.
190 - Neitenbach is acres ahead of this field. I think Eddy is the next best here, though there's a massive gap from 1-to-2 that is greater than from like 2-to-6. Other qualifiers for me are Webster and Church, though it's anyone's guess.
215 - Two of the three best kids in this weight are the late droppers from 285, Wheatley and Vanscoy. I think Griffith is the other top three kid in the weight for the district. While I project Malone to take the fourth qualifying spot.
285 - Rather congest weight class with six highly competitive kids. It's similar to last year at this district in that regard with likely very close quarters, semis, and go-to. My picks are Mozden, Doyle, Feister, Bowser, Luce, and Greenberg in that order.
Great analysis!

285: Bowser Dec 3-1 over Luce in semis at the EOWL. Could meet again in goto.
I haven’t seen Feister wrestle but all reports say he is a freshman phenom and I don’t doubt it.
Also heard he was a Fargo AA in Greco (5th).
Still a tough weight even with Van Scoy and Wheatley moving down to 215 (otherwise would be an insane weight class)
Will be interesting to see how this shakes out this weekend.
Good luck to all wrestlers!
Alliance kid ate his lunch and took his shoes. Stopped any High C attempt. Hubbard kid did not look like he wanted to be out there, and did not look like he belonged out there. Will be surprised if he can sneak on to the podium at state.

Buckman....you were on it with these picks...Great predictions I'm interested in your correct picks for all weights, and I understand if you pick someone to win it and they didn't place that's a miss, but if you picked someone to win it and they still placed that's still hitting the target for me. Great analysis can't wait for State outlook

Last edited:
Eddie Neitenbach did tech 21-3 in the quarters. I'd argue the field at 138 was deeper than 190. Although it's also fair to say Neitenbach is that much more dominant
Eddie Neitenbach did tech 21-3 in the quarters. I'd argue the field at 138 was deeper than 190. Although it's also fair to say Neitenbach is that much more dominant regardless.

Scharrer wrestled very well.
Your correct I thought that the ref gave him the pin at the end

Eddie Neitenbach did tech 21-3 in the quarters. I'd argue the field at 138 was deeper than 190. Although it's also fair to say Neitenbach is that much more dominant
Eddie Neitenbach did tech 21-3 in the quarters. I'd argue the field at 138 was deeper than 190. Although it's also fair to say Neitenbach is that much more dominant regardless.

Scharrer wrestled very well.
138 was a great finals both those guys are super tough and should do well at state

Alliance kid ate his lunch and took his shoes. Stopped any High C attempt. Hubbard kid did not look like he wanted to be out there, and did not look like he belonged out there. Will be surprised if he can sneak on to the podium at state.
That didn't age well. Bowser took 3rd.

FWIW:

SportsDad73 comment was after District responding to my earlier post about Bowser who won the EOWL and looked really slick vs McCracken. Per earlier posts, apparently Mozden was recovering from football injury and got a late start to the wrestling season in time for postseason. Looks like Mozden came back big time as District Champ. Bowser 3rd. Kudos to Mozden for his comeback. Good luck at State wrestlers!

Read the post, he said at state. Did he already take 3rd at state? Do you know the rest of the results, before they happen?

Read the post, he said at state. Did he already take 3rd at state? Do you know the rest of the results, before they happen?
agree I missed that he was talking about state. I didn't like the fact that that he used the words wanted & belonged. Everyone in Hubbard knows that Nick whether on the football field or the mat gives 100%. Boro I think has him rated 9th so there is a probable chance he may not make the podium.

agree I missed that he was talking about state. I didn't like the fact that that he used the words wanted & belonged. Everyone in Hubbard knows that Nick whether on the football field or the mat gives 100%. Boro I think has him rated 9th so there is a probable chance he may not make the podium.
I agree, he can go. Anything can happen this weekend. I wish him well.