Jim Harbaugh meets with Chargers

Bold 2, you don't think Brown being fired and being replaced by Baltimore Ravens personnel didn't help these last 3 years? What weird deflection exist with this comment? Try to follow along.
Connor Stalions was a greater help. With what Stalions was providing, Brown would have been fine.

I just explained what works against others, especially against usually lesser opponents doesn't necessarily work against Ohio State.

1st bold was basically said in jest. If Don Brown was that good but suddenly gives up 62 and 59 against aO$U, Buckeyes had to cheat, no? But, I'll chalk it up to Don Brown not having a clue. He certainly didn't in 2020 and there was no The Game

Bold 2, you don't think Brown being fired and being replaced by Baltimore Ravens personnel didn't help these last 3 years? What weird deflection exist with this comment? Try to follow along.

You know it's arriving.....

Hail!
Twist it all you want, going into the Game Michigan had toughness, a punishing run game and a stout D. Then got blown out.

Uh ok

No, I don’t think Mike McDonald and Jesse Minter have anything to do with weather or not the 2018 Michigan team had a stout defense going into The Game. That’s the argument at hand. I’m not sure how you could argue they have anything to do with it. But here you are saying it’s not a deflection.

Twist it all you want, going into the Game Michigan had toughness, a punishing run game and a stout D. Then got blown out.

Uh ok

No, I don’t think Mike McDonald and Jesse Minter have anything to do with weather or not the 2018 Michigan team had a stout defense going into The Game. That’s the argument at hand. I’m not sure how you could argue they have anything to do with it. But here you are saying it’s not a deflection.
You and I are usually pretty aligned but that team was Don Brown led, which is like Jim Knowles led. They were very good and did very well against all others as they outmanned everyone else. They were not a good D and OSU and FU proved that.

Harbaugh learned, and retooled with the NFL guys (McDonald/Minter). The biggest difference between the last three years and all years prior under Harbaugh were his DCs.

You and I are usually pretty aligned but that team was Don Brown led, which is like Jim Knowles led. They were very good and did very well against all others as they outmanned everyone else. They were not a good D and OSU and FU proved that.

Harbaugh learned, and retooled with the NFL guys (McDonald/Minter). The biggest difference between the last three years and all years prior under Harbaugh were his DCs.
Im not arguing that Michigan actually had a good defense that year. Going into the game however, the story line was Michigan was tough, had a punishing run game and a stout D. It was the revenge tour year. And then OSU happened. For Maple city to say otherwise revisionist history or using hindsight.

And you are correct about McDonald and Minter. But neither have anything to do with Michigan’s 2018 team (which is the subject of discussion). Maple City bringing them up is just deflection.

Last edited:
In other Michigan news, since the diehard Michigan fans don’t have a Michigan thread to discuss their team:

Stephen Adegoke was supposed to leave the Texans as their safeties coach for Michigan as the DB coach. He’s now staying in Houston and Keon Sabb, key back up in 2023 and 2024 starter, is transferring.

The biggest difference between the last three years and all years prior under Harbaugh were his DCs.
Debatable.
1708087308838.png

Not debatable, especially if you watched the last 3 UM-aO$U games.

To know the game of Football is to understand the game of Football
Yes watch two of the three for sure. To know the game of football is to understand the game of football. If something changes out of normal perimeters, you know something isn't right with the game of football. Just ask the experts in Vegas.
What I've been saying isn't a recipe for success in any form of Football?
When you cheated and know the opposing team's signals, that is a recipe for success and retribution. Stay tuned.

Urban was never a Scarlet and Gray man. He’s a Cincy grad. And he “bolted” because the OSU president was a little beyotch
I think the drama of 08/21/18 was Meyer negotiating a way of how to be fired over the Zach Smith events. The suspension and "health" retirement with the elevation of Ryan Day for program continuity was a face saving dismissal handled in a way so as not to blow up the program.

Mike Hart will not be returning either.

IMO a pretty big blow to Michigan. While he went 0-4 against OSU as a player, he was very successful individually at Michigan and is an alum. In addition, the run game (he was RB coach for 3 years and run game coordinator the last 2 years) has been incredible under him. Obviously a lot of credit goes to the OL but Haskins, Corum and Edwards all developed tremendously and played well themselves.

Pretty weird departure, TBH. I know he had a seizure/collapsed during a game in 2022 so hopefully this isn’t related to his health.