IVC 23-24

Honestly, they give so many kids some type of All-Ohio recognition anymore that pretty much every team in the IVC will have kids that get some type of All-Ohio recognition.

Malvern beat River by 20 tonight. 23-0. Congrats! Only undefeated H.S. team in Ohio.
(also, I thought everyone played 22 regular season games?)
No there just 22-0, you can't play more 22 regular season games, good luck Hornets hope you make it to the final 4

I just seen on Facebook, that they had a parade and stuff for Malvern boys undefeated regular season, gees nothing like inflating these boys heads any bigger than what they already are,I really hope they can handle all this hoopla when tournaments start

I just seen on Facebook, that they had a parade and stuff for Malvern boys undefeated regular season, gees nothing like inflating these boys heads any bigger than what they already are,I really hope they can handle all this hoopla when tournaments start
I also wondered about how wise it was to have a parade before the tournament starts. 22-0 is certainly worthy of celebrating and the kids deserve a parade, I have no problem with that at all. But man, I would have waited until after the season finished. You are setting yourself up to be humbled.

I just know some coaches would rather keep this low keyed on been undefeated in the regular season, and not make this such a big hoopla,this is just ramping up other teams that they might face along the tournament trail, to pin that first lost on them,boy I hope I'm wrong, there's enough pressure on them as being the top dog in our region,let alone being unbeaten to

Honestly, they seems pretty strange to do that. Yes, you had a great regular season but is that really the goal?

do you really think because they had a team meal and parade it gave teams more incentive and the fact their the only undefeated team in the state wasn't enough? it's hard to be low key when you haven't lost

Good for Malvern but it probably would have benefitted them more to go out and play a good schedule instead of scheduling to go undefeated. You can't control your league, but this is who Malvern chose to play with a team they knew would be loaded.

Smithville 8-14
Riddgewood 5-17
Kidron Central Christian 10-12
Maysville 19-3
Tusky Valley 9-13
Minerva 13-9
Akron East 4-16
Garaway 13-8
River 12-9

So literally they scheduled one good non-conference opponent and then a bunch of wins.

Malvern knew they were going to be good this year, they should have scheduled up. Poor schedule for non league games, could come back to bite them in the tourney.

do you really think because they had a team meal and parade it gave teams more incentive and the fact their the only undefeated team in the state wasn't enough? it's hard to be low key when you haven't lost
In no way is anybody jealous of Malvern's undefeated season, I'm trying to look at positive side of this,and I wouldn't even known that Malvern was the only undefeated team left in Ohio, hadn't you said something about it, and I follow highschool basketball really close ,you should breeze through the sectionals, district you could get a challenge , regionals you could get your first big test, so good luck Hornets, and I hope you make it to state

Good for Malvern but it probably would have benefitted them more to go out and play a good schedule instead of scheduling to go undefeated. You can't control your league, but this is who Malvern chose to play with a team they knew would be loaded.

Smithville 8-14
Riddgewood 5-17
Kidron Central Christian 10-12
Maysville 19-3
Tusky Valley 9-13
Minerva 13-9
Akron East 4-16
Garaway 13-8
River 12-9

So literally they scheduled one good non-conference opponent and then a bunch of wins.
Didn’t they play IV in the showcase? They knew they would get a good opponent in this event.

Just out of curiosity, how did Malvern not play Sandy Valley this year? That would've been a nice matchup as far as competition, for the communities and for the league as a whole.

A Hiland-Malvern game would've made a lot of sense for both schools as well.

Malvern happened to play the #1 and #2 seeded schools in the D2 Eastern District along with the #8 seeded school. Would seem they weren't looking to schedule wins based on this.

"Parade" might be a strong word. My understanding was it was informal - more like loading some kids in cars and driving them around for a few min, honking horns.

I guess some might worry about the psychological effects. There are going to be some very hungry teams in Division III. I want Malvern to be the hungriest. Win 8 more games and I will come up and drive them around myself. :)