Inspirational Thoughts

From BrainyQuote this morning. This one's for pboy.

"Love is when the other person's happiness is more important than your own"
- H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Everyone always says not to forget to tell your parents you love them and how much they mean to you, but don't forget about your friends also. I had a close friend pass away this morning, and I regret not keeping in contact with him more. We served together until I got out about a year ago, and even though I moved only an hour away, we only saw each other a few times since then, but fortunately kept in closer contact through texting and such. The entire time we were friends all we ever talked about was how great it was going to be once we got out of the Army. Well, he came up about a month short. He was excited about moving out west to attend school and to start a new life. Left behind a 2 year old son. Absolutely heartbreaking. See you on the other side brother.

The comfort of having a friend may be taken away, but not that of having had one. -Seneca

Thanks man. I've never had a close friend pass away before. You never think at this age it could happen, until it actually does. And then you realize it could happen to any of us, at any time. Life is too short. Do what you love, be kind, and don't get caught up in the trivialities.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself." St Augustine

It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.

(It is one of the things Europeans do not understand about us.)