Inspirational Thoughts

For Memorial Day Weekend

People today do not understand the symbolism of the Poppy to the Veteran.
During the Great War (AKA - World War I : WW-I) there were several large battles
near Flanders (Belgium) in the Ypres Salient
- This was part of what was known
as the Western Front.

Authored by Canadian physician Lieutenant-Colonel John McCrae who served there.

In Flanders Fields

In Flanders Fields, the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

:>---

SALT
^ You tell the truth, according to a book I read winter before last (yes, I read a book). Now, I know the significance of the Poppy.

And, I remember from English class (amazing, eh?) the poem is in iambic pentameter - at least the first and third stanzas. Thanks for sharing.

this is my motivation to get up every morning. LOL

Attachments

• toaster man.jpg
    toaster man.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 44
I'm creating this thread to channel inspiration words into one place. It could be words of encouragement, a meaningful passage from scripture, or just a great story you've heard that celebrates the good and power of positive thinking and doing.

You may also use this space to ask others for encouragement.

We never know the entire story of people around us...even our closest friends. Just kind words or a similar story may empower someone to turn things around during sad or dark times.

This will be a safe place. I don't post much anymore, but I read often, and I will heavily police the comments on this thread. No negativity. Lighthearted joking/laughing is fine as long as it's not at the expense of another poster or their words. I'll push Yappi for stiff recourse to those who belittle the intent of this thread.

That being said, I hope to see lots of participation from past, present and future Yappi users.

Have a wonderful day!
Great, and so strongly needed in today’s world.

Thank you.

If you want someone to remember what you're telling them, swear! - General George S. Patton

Don't be discouraged when you fail. Most of what you learn in life is because you did it wrong the first time!

Last edited:
Even though we seem to have alot of turmoil in this country politically, this is still the greatest country on this planet. People still want to come here and become citizens legally and I have full faith we'll get this turned around. 2023 may be a little rough, but I think by the end of the year, we'll be moving in the right direction.

One of Smoove's bestest quotations ever:

"You know, Mrs. Buchman, you need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car - hell, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any butt-reaming a**hole be a father." - Tod, Keanu Reeves in Parenthood.

Even though we seem to have alot of turmoil in this country politically, this is still the greatest country on this planet. People still want to come here and become citizens legally and I have full faith we'll get this turned around. 2023 may be a little rough, but I think by the end of the year, we'll be moving in the right direction.
Thoughts, today ?

One of Smoove's bestest quotations ever:

"You know, Mrs. Buchman, you need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car - hell, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any butt-reaming a**hole be a father." - Tod, Keanu Reeves in Parenthood.
The more decisions that we let the Democrats make in our society pushing us all to the left, as time passes, the more I can look at our culture and understand their abortion position.

Say something inspiring, Smoove. This made me sad.

Cabe----
Smoove did not intentionalizedly try to upsettify you, my brothuh. NEver would Smoove do that on purposification. Please acceptify Smoove's apologification. Smoove just tryin' to make people thinkify. As Smoove look back on it, Smoove's post was not very upliftifying as Smoove had meanticated it to be. Smoove will try to be better next time......Smoove will be better next time. Smoove out.

Pretty damn corny thread, BCB. I will bite, though.

I try to live in the moment as best I can. This is a very literal idea -- even while just driving to work in the morning, take in the houses, yards, etc. around me and give no thought to what I will be doing at work that day or that week, or next week, etc. Good way to stay happy and not always be stressed.
That's because most of these personas, are tree hugging, Kumbaya singing, grabassing campfire sitting, Democrat clowns. Who think that everything is gonna be ALLLLRIGHT! That Craazy Joe, Kamala Harrisment, Nancy Legosi, and Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, are gonna pull us out of the abyss, with their Green New Deal. While ALL of those aforementioned, fly around the world in their private jets, while eating $100.00 a gallon ice cream, while wasting FOSSIL FUELS!

The more decisions that we let the Democrats make in our society pushing us all to the left, as time passes, the more I can look at our culture and understand their abortion position.

Say something inspiring, Smoove. This made me sad.
THINK what the state of the USA would be today, if THESE crazy kids had been aborted! (Nancy Legosi, Bernie Sanders, Barack Hussein, Eric Swalwell, Diane Feinstein, Rashida Talib, Illian Omar, Kamala Harris, Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, Big Al Sharpie, and Joe Biden!)

THINK what the state of the USA would be today, if THESE crazy kids had been aborted! (Nancy Legosi, Bernie Sanders, Barack Hussein, Eric Swalwell, Diane Feinstein, Rashida Talib, Illian Omar, Kamala Harris, Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, Big Al Sharpie, and Joe Biden!)
This isn't the debate forum.

The Man in the Mirror.

When you get what you want in your struggle for self
and the world makes you king for a day
Just go to the mirror and look at yourself
and see what that man has to say

For it isn't your father or mother or wife
whose judgment upon you must pass
The fellow whose verdict counts the most in your life
is the one staring back from the glass

Some people may think you a straight-shooting chum
and call you a wonderful guy