Ice Cream

United Dairy Farmers. It's a gas station/ice cream establishment. You can Google them to find a one near you. My wife likes that and she's got me hooked. LOL! I do get the their Peanut Butter shake as well. They make a good one!
Dang, I even tried the yuppie zip codes and couldn't find. Let me try near the pike.

Either Mitchell's Pistachio Ice Cream
or
Hudsonville Blue Moon
1697483871396.png

Honey Hut or Handel's are our usual go to's, but I don't have a specific flavor I go for every time. I like to mix it up and try different things.

I also liked Toft's this summer, but haven't tried too many of their flavors.

When I saw the thread title my 1st thought was Handels Black Cherry..... After I had Handels a few times I mucked up and went to Dairy Queen once. Never again. Like comparing Sirius radio to an old Victrola

Also any peach flavored ice cream
In our home we have a saying, "not worth the calories". I apply that to DQ now as well as "not worth the price".

For a great value of flavor, texture and price, Kroger private selection at $4.99 per approximately 1/2 gallon is hard to beat. Moose tracks in chocolate/peanutbutter is hard to pass up. I use a small mug rather than a bowl for any sweet desert to keep from over indulging on sugar.

You guys have me wanting some ice cream now, damn! I had always had a hard time finding banana flavored ice cream and also butterscotch. Two flavors that I assume are low demand and thats why, but easily my favorite even though its fake banana flavoring but it reminds me of some candy when we were kids…maybe willie wonka wafers i forget.
Stay strong and stick to the plan. Mind over matter. You can do it.

I cut out sweets on 1/1/2020. Best decision ever.

You guys have me wanting some ice cream now, damn! I had always had a hard time finding banana flavored ice cream and also butterscotch. Two flavors that I assume are low demand and thats why, but easily my favorite even though its fake banana flavoring but it reminds me of some candy when we were kids…maybe willie wonka wafers i forget.
If you have a Supreme Nut and Candy near you, you will find the banana flavored candy. The one I am thinking of and have enjoyed is chewy.

Thanks guys. I’m no fun anymore and my kids hate that I no longer have sweets in the house. My goal this Halloween is to eat zero candy bars. Last Halloween I easily ate 200 mini candy bars in November between both kids’ stash and what I’d pick up at Kroger.

Along with cutting out sweets, I completely stopped eating after dinner. It was normal for me to eat a burger or a few slices of pizza at midnight followed by a six pack of mini Twix or Snickers seven days a week.
congrats....moderation is the key. I tend to be a late night snacker, but I don't eat breakfast and normally don't have lunch until noon or after. Also as I've aged, I eat LESS. I think that's another key. Our metabolism drops as we get older, yet most of us continue to eat the same amount out of habit. Being active and cutting back on the volume of food is the best way to keep the pounds off.

congrats....moderation is the key. I tend to be a late night snacker, but I don't eat breakfast and normally don't have lunch until noon or after. Also as I've aged, I eat LESS. I think that's another key. Our metabolism drops as we get older, yet most of us continue to eat the same amount out of habit. Being active and cutting back on the volume of food is the best way to keep the pounds off.

I agree. The less you eat, the less you need to eat, but you still need the healthy calories and fats. I’ve been reading about people in countries who eat more meat tend to live longer lives; contrary to what most people think. I’m also mildly celebrating yesterday not having even one piece of Halloween candy and my kids brought home a boatload plus what we have left over from passing it out. I’m looking at it as a challenge of willpower and discipline. My whole family keeps saying one won’t hurt, but I’m planning to not have any.

Ben and Jerry’s Peanut Butter Cup.

Extremely rich at almost 1400 calories per pint. You can almost hear your arteries clog as you savor every delicious spoonful.

I agree. The less you eat, the less you need to eat, but you still need the healthy calories and fats. I’ve been reading about people in countries who eat more meat tend to live longer lives; contrary to what most people think. I’m also mildly celebrating yesterday not having even one piece of Halloween candy and my kids brought home a boatload plus what we have left over from passing it out. I’m looking at it as a challenge of willpower and discipline. My whole family keeps saying one won’t hurt, but I’m planning to not have any.
If you can't help yourself than yes, one may lead to two may lead to 12. ha!

A good quality vanilla bean with a pour of Irish Cream, sprinkled with a little cinnimon. Or a double chocolate with Kahlua syrup, a few half maraschinos... Other than beer with dinner at a restaurant and maybe a brandy a year, I'm not much of a drinker. But it makes great ice-cream syrup.

Last edited:
Dove used to make pints of ice cream and they'd have a layer of chocolate across the top you have to break thru to get to the ice cream.

Graeter's black raspberry chip
Graeter's pumpkin
Homemade brand cherry cordial
Homemade brand Santa's Cookies

Generically, cookies and cream, butter pecan, chocolate chip cookie dough.