Hudson vs. Walsh at Ravenna

Walsh absolutely wants another game with Hoban. That's all they've been talking about. Nobody likes to get embarrassed.
NORTHWEST WANTED THEIR REMATCH WITH CANTON SOUTH.
WEEK 10: CANTON SOUTH 48 - NORTHWEST 28
WEEK 11: CANTON SOUTH 35 - NORTHWEST 7
SOMETIMES THE REVENGE HAPPENS, SOMETIMES IT DOESN'T.
PERSONALLY, I DON'T THINK WALSH CAN BEAT HOBAN NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES THEY PLAY.

Who do you root for because I cant think of a single school that would strongly dislike both like this lol
As someone who grew up right in this area, and attended one of the 2 schools in question, I can think of a few. Any Summit County (or adjacent) community who loses a sufficient amount of kids to Walsh and is also a league rival of, or has a long history of playing, Hudson could equally revile both these teams. Nordonia, Twinsburg, Stow, and Cuyahoga Falls immediately come to mind, and I'm sure there are others.

As someone who grew up right in this area, and attended one of the 2 schools in question, I can think of a few. Any Summit County (or adjacent) community who loses a sufficient amount of kids to Walsh and is also a league rival of, or has a long history of playing, Hudson could equally revile both these teams. Nordonia, Twinsburg, Stow, and Cuyahoga Falls immediately come to mind, and I'm sure there are others.
Gotcha. I guess I just thought that type of energy was reserved for Hoban but I get it

NORTHWEST WANTED THEIR REMATCH WITH CANTON SOUTH.
WEEK 10: CANTON SOUTH 48 - NORTHWEST 28
WEEK 11: CANTON SOUTH 35 - NORTHWEST 7
SOMETIMES THE REVENGE HAPPENS, SOMETIMES IT DOESN'T.
PERSONALLY, I DON'T THINK WALSH CAN BEAT HOBAN NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES THEY PLAY.
Not sure of your point, but OK.

This thread is off the rails and it is barely 2 pages in

😂

We've already had mentions of Massillon, Hoban, TTUN, Notre Dame, Notre Dame's OC, Canton South, Northwest, Smurf Turf, Ted Nugent, and Nordonia (We knew that was a given, Brian was 100% going to comment in here).

Just waiting on Avon to pop it's head in at some point and we will check all the boxes.

Never change, Yappi.

Should be a great game between 2 somewhat evenly matched teams. Hudson is banged up and, as others have pointed out, come in with less depth than they traditionally do. Walsh is Walsh, and other than Hoban and the Padua game, they have been fairly consistent from what I have been able to tell. Hudson has limped along the past few weeks, largely due to the aforementioned injuries slowing down their offense. I think Walsh wins a close one, but won't be surprised to see the Explorers pull out another close win if a few things break their way.

😂

We've already had mentions of Massillon, Hoban, TTUN, Notre Dame, Notre Dame's OC, Canton South, Northwest, Smurf Turf, Ted Nugent, and Nordonia (We knew that was a given, Brian was 100% going to comment in here).

Just waiting on Avon to pop it's head in at some point and we will check all the boxes.

Never change, Yappi.
Looks like you just mentioned Avon for no reason at all, so I guess you've checked your own box

Looks like you just mentioned Avon for no reason at all, so I guess you've checked your own box
Yeah, I had no intention of posting on this thread. If Avon is fortunate enough to win R6 they aren’t going to see either of these teams anyway. I would love to see a fellow closed enrollment, Hudson, shock everyone and win the region, but Hoban is still Hoban. Check box.

Is Hudson's roster size smaller this year than normal? I saw them play this year and it seemed like they just didn't have the number of bodies on the sidelines that they usually have. Hudson has traditionally had a pretty large roster.

Yeah, I had no intention of posting on this thread. If Avon is fortunate enough to win R6 they aren’t going to see either of these teams anyway. I would love to see a fellow closed enrollment, Hudson, shock everyone and win the region, but Hoban is still Hoban. Check box.

It wasn't a shot at Avon or its posters, I promise.

Just knew it was inevitable.

FWIW, I refuse to give a prediction for the game.

My last 2 predictions caused me to take a lengthy hiatus from this site (Hudson playoff game last year & Hoban game this year). Nobodies fault but my own.

I'll be rooting for WJ, but no outcome would surprise me in this game.

Would be nice to to see WJ overcome the Public School hump - Aurora, Hudson, Cortland Lakeview all come to mind.

😂

Never change, Yappi.
And...Tito blew it by not putting Merritt in the 7th game oif the WS in 2016. Now it's all the way off the rails and over the bank.

Last year I thought this game would be competitive but Hudson kept Walsh out of the game for most of the night.

Hudson's been able to find ways to win close games in the postseason this year. I think Walsh is a much better team than last year and Hudson is slightly not as good as they were last year.

Rooting for Hudson but wouldn't be surprised to see Walsh take this one.
That’s a very accurate assessment of this game.

Where Hudson is good they’re good, they just don’t have enough of it. Hudson has a depth problem for the 1st time in 15 years. It’s caused problems this season, injuries included. Kudos to the staff and kids on the field, they’re resilient. Gough has become excellent at in-game management. Decent chance they’ll keep it within reach. It’s going to be a good and difficult challenge.
Yep

😂

Never change, Yappi.
We could weave in the public vs. parochial separation angle to truly complete the thread.

Last edited:
Is Hudson's roster size smaller this year than normal? I saw them play this year and it seemed like they just didn't have the number of bodies on the sidelines that they usually have. Hudson has traditionally had a pretty large roster.
Yes. I’ve counted 56-60 in uniform. That would be way down from the 80+ they typically have dressed on Friday nights. So more players going both ways.

I think WJ takes this one 31-21 should be a good one tho. Good luck too both teams
I can see Walsh winning, but historically Hudson’s defense is pretty sound. The biggest point total they gave up this year is 34 … to Clev Hts, who’s still playing in D1.

Walsh is not Clev Hts. I could be wrong but I don’t see WJ scoring more than 21.

I think it’s another nail biter for Hudson.