Huber Heights Wayne game thread 2019/2020

D

Do you have a recap for us Vamps? Would have thought closer game given Trotwood results.

No, was not there nor was I there for the Trotwood game. Been under the weather and did not want to expose it to others.

Wayne is an average team this year and they do not start any seniors. I thought Moe would win by 20+ especially in Cincinnati. Looking at the stats Wayne shot just one free throw. Wayne was up by 7 over Trotwood in the 3rd but then the RAMS went on one of those 15-0 runs to take the lead. Wayne is always tough at home and beat teams such as ASVSM at home. All the teams in the Dayton area are down in D1 and none of them in this neck of the woods will give Moe any competition.

No, was not there nor was I there for the Trotwood game. Been under the weather and did not want to expose it to others.

Wayne is an average team this year and they do not start any seniors. I thought Moe would win by 20+ especially in Cincinnati. Looking at the stats Wayne shot just one free throw. Wayne was up by 7 over Trotwood in the 3rd but then the RAMS went on one of those 15-0 runs to take the lead. Wayne is always tough at home and beat teams such as ASVSM at home. All the teams in the Dayton area are down in D1 and none of them in this neck of the woods will give Moe any competition.
I'm going to go on a limb and say this area for all divisions is down.

Wayne only managed to score 2 points in the first 6 minutes of the game. Nothing would fall as Wayne missed at least 6 layups, Lebanon was not doing much better as they only had 5 and really should of only had 2 as a three point basket should not have counted as the ball previously hit the extension behind the back board. Fancher would hit back to back 3's and Palma would also connect from 3 late in the qtr.... 11-5 Wayne.

Wayne would open up a double digit lead in the 2nd. Fancher would drill a 3 and Curry on back to back steals would slam it home. At the half, it was Wayne 24-11.

Wayne would score the first 7 to start to the 3rd to go up 31-11 but then for some reason Wayne did not get back on defense following misses. Lebanon took advantage of this going on 3 on 1 breaks laying it up. 36-23 after 3.

This would continue in the 4th and add in some three's being made by Lebanon and they closed the gap to 42-40 and had the ball. They would miss and Wayne would open the lead back up to 6 and held on to win 48-44.

Fancher and Palma led Wayne with 13 points. Curry had 12. Rice 4, Brown 2, Cammon 2, Mukes 2.

Wayne improves to 5-3 in league and 8-7 over all. They will have a tough home game tomorrow night against Ol-Liberty.

Last edited:
Wayne played one of their better games of the year defeating a tough Olentangy Liberty team 60-52. The game really wasn't that close as Liberty scored the final 10 points of the game after Wayne cleared the bench.

5 different players scored for Wayne in the opening qtr and it was Fancher leading the way with 7 as Wayne took a 17-11 lead after 1. Wayne did an excellent job stopping the back door and getting hands in the face of 3 point shooters. Wayne would open up an 8 point lead in the 2nd. Cammon would come off the bench to drill a 3. Up by 8 and going for the last shot it back fired and it led to a layup by Liberty at the buzzer. Wayne 26 Liberty 20 at the half.

Wayne broke it open in the 3rd as Palma would start the qtr with back to back 3's.... 32-20 Wayne. Brown would also come up big scoring 6 in the qtr. Wayne did a great job boxing out getting boards as they out scored Liberty 19-7 in the 3rd to take a 45-27 lead after 3.

Liberty was forced to press which led to back to back to back dunks by Brown, Hill, and Rice as Wayne opened up a 23 point lead. Liberty would make the score respectable late outscoring the Wayne bench 13-2 down the stretch. Final, Wayne 60 Olentangy Liberty 52.

Wayne scoring: Palma 12, Curry 10, Brown 10, Fancher 8, Rice 8, Hill 7, Cammon 3, Wagner 2

Wayne JV team also won tonight.....

up next for Wayne is a league game at Beavercreek on Friday.....

Fairmont 49 - Wayne 34

I thought Wayne would win this one.

I thought Wayne was a team that might win a couple of tourney games. After this whipping I do not know. Not to be over dramatic, but this has to be one of the more disappointing losses in a while (not including the Lakota East tournament loss).

All can be happy for a couple of hours, if the Warriors defeat the Elks.

Last edited:
I thought Wayne was a team that might win a couple of tourney games. After this whipping I do not know. Not to be over dramatic, but this has to be one of the more disappointing losses in a while (not including the Lakota East tournament loss).

All can be happy for a couple of hours, if the Warriors defeat the Elks.

Wayne is just a different team away from home..... anything can happen though come tourney time.

I would say the lost at Miamisburg was a huge disappointment. They had a huge lead and blew it in the 4th. Also, big lead on the road at Beavercreek and then got blown out in the 2nd half...... I think they will get it done tonight at home. Centerville has never beaten Wayne in this gym.