How will you spend your time, after football is cancelled?

I will spend time with friends and family like I have been. I won’t waste my time watching the NBA, NFL or MLB due to their ridiculous woke pandering. Especially the NBA and its support of the Communist Chinese. I will be watching Australian and New Zealand live rugby as I have been the past month.

The real question is "will you go back to the games next year"?

For sure the kids will come back as will the band & football parents/family's. But will the casual community resident who attends games come back? Attendance was in general declining over the last 20 years. This may accelerate that process.

For me I'll work on my land & read. Plenty of interesting projects that need to be done. Hell I may even start traveling in the fall - something I haven't done in a while because of football season. I may come to enjoy having my Friday's free again. If I ran the athletic department in these school systems I would be very concerned about this.

While it's not apples to oranges it's interesting that the TV ratings for Basketball & Baseball have tanked since they came back. Have people found other interests? There's a reason company's spend billions of dollars in advertising to remind us of their services & products.

But will the casual community resident who attends games come back? Attendance was in general declining over the last 20 years.
Speaking for myself, I am very confident in responding "yes." The vast majority of the last 15 years has been watching my team (which is now, like, the 10th smallest football-playing school in the state) struggle. Despite living two minutes from Pick Central, I eschew the Tigers in favor of my Irish - even when its been a foregone conclusion how the game will end. Got multiple drives across the state to watch 'em play etched into my memory book up in the noggin, both good and bad!

I can definitely think of times where it felt like a huge time-sink and disappointment to keep watching them put up 2-8 and 4-6 seasons year after year after year. But with struggle comes immense satisfaction in seeing their successes - such as playoffs these past two years. This year they have 17 kids and obviously that is far from ideal, but I still plan on going to the games (do like that they're playing a couple games on Thursday and Saturday so I can take in other games.)

Why do I care what you guys are going to do? I wasn’t concerned what you did before this, why would I be now?

Why do I care what you guys are going to do? I wasn’t concerned what you did before this, why would I be now?
Because "we are all in this together"....or at least that is what I have been hearing for 5 months now.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
The virus would rather go to beaches, bars, and restaurants
Don't forget churches ... But never riots or protests except if it's a shutdown protest . Covid spreads in very specific instances. Got a lefty mind for sure

And I'll just do other hobbies as usual. Other sports on tv or other activities. It's only one day a week for 2.5 hours for hs football. Everyone will manage

Huge sports fan, but one thing I did realize through all this, I didn't miss sports as much as I thought I would. I found other things to do and enjoyed them. I have watched some of what's on TV now, but I don't think I will have any withdrawals if football is cancelled. I'll be fine.

Wait till you find out how liberal New Zealand is becoming..........

Oh, I realize how liberal many of the politicians are in both New Zealand and Australia, but they have a much more strict immigration policy than us and don’t allow illegal immigration. Don’t look for either of those two liberal nations to be flooded with poor third world immigrants any time soon.

Oh, I realize how liberal many of the politicians are in both New Zealand and Australia, but they have a much more strict immigration policy than us and don’t allow illegal immigration. Don’t look for either of those two liberal nations to be flooded with poor third world immigrants any time soon.

At least you can take solace in knowing all those immigrants that have hurt you so bad are still out there working the farm jobs our fellow Americans refuse to work. They’re even getting the “hoax” Corona at a much higher % than our natives .......

I will be watching HS Football from other states that may have them as well as games from last year and previous seasons.

At least you can take solace in knowing all those immigrants that have hurt you so bad are still out there working the farm jobs our fellow Americans refuse to work. They’re even getting the “hoax” Corona at a much higher % than our natives .......

They haven’t hurt me at all, I am doing very well. They are however hurting poorer black, white and hispanic Americans. They are also helping the uber wealthy get richer off suppressed slave labor wages, subsidized by our welfare program further harming the middle class. Ask Amazon, Google, Disney, etc.

I thought liberals were against big business abuses, I guess not. ?‍♂️

Last edited:

For sure the kids will come back as will the band & football parents/family's. But will the casual community resident who attends games come back? Attendance was in general declining over the last 20 years. This may accelerate that process.

For me I'll work on my land & read. Plenty of interesting projects that need to be done. Hell I may even start traveling in the fall - something I haven't done in a while because of football season. I may come to enjoy having my Friday's free again. If I ran the athletic department in these school systems I would be very concerned about this.

While it's not apples to oranges it's interesting that the TV ratings for Basketball & Baseball have tanked since they came back. Have people found other interests? There's a reason company's spend billions of dollars in advertising to remind us of their services & products.
Interesting you bring this up. Maybe this pandemic will get people off their crazy sports high. I am included in this. I used to watch just about every Yankee game, this season don't really care. College football... Don't really care. PGA Championship this week...had no idea

Drink Coke and listen to the Reds on the Radio. Drink more Coke and wait for Dictator DeWine to Cancel HS Hoops??
new rules being put in so that they can play basketball come November December and Jan for basketball....

ALL games played outdoors
there will be no RIMS on the back boards
if players are not on the floor playing, they will have to be in their cars in the parking lot until subbed in
it will now be 3 on 3 only
just like the NBA, nobody can be within 6 feet of the player you are guarding....meaning NO defense
and only the kids PETS can watch the games.... no Parents, siblings, or grand parents may be within 10 miles of the outdoor court

all of the above is thrown out the window ... if you just call it a PEACEFUL PROTEST...then do whatever the H you want.... there are NO RULES

If I owned a local TV station that has broadcasted games over the years, I would go out and solicit advertising and broadcast the most exciting games played all time at 8 pm on Friday night. I bet they would make money doing this.

If I owned a local TV station that has broadcasted games over the years, I would go out and solicit advertising and broadcast the most exciting games played all time at 8 pm on Friday night. I bet they would make money doing this.
WOSN in NWO already does this throughout the week.. Make big money if they replay games on Friday at 8? Big money? Nah.