How was Fridays attendance for the first round?

Clyde and Sandusky wasn't the greatest. Week 8 was packed at Sandusky between same two teams. Last night not as much.

I'll tell you it's kinda sad they don't do Friday-Saturday anymore but with the Big 10 going to so many night games there was simply no choice.

It's been quite obvious the last few years how paltry these Saturday game crowds were getting

Attended Massillon vs Boardman. Boardman had a small contingent and Massillon's crowd was nothing to brag about. How times have changed. A really good football game, great band shows and not so great crowd.

Went to Marion Franklin in Columbus. Decent crowd for size of stadium. Tri-Valley had more fans than Marion Franklin. Probably 500-600 for Tri-Valley, Marion Franklin had about 300-400.

Wadsworth-Northview drew a nice crowd. Wadsworth side was probably 90 percent full. Northview brought more than I expected being that they had to travel two-plus hours on a Friday night... guessing 1,000 or so.

Overall, probably, 6,000-plus.

Really poor crowd at the Wayne-Pick North game. PN probably only had about 500-600 or so. Home side was only about half filled for HHW, if that. I was shocked.

Pickerington Central vs Northmont had a pretty good crowd. PC's side was full and. Northmont's side was about 80% full.

Stow at Mentor was disappointing. The game was on Spectrum, so that may have kept it down. But I expected a much bigger crowd.

I'll tell you it's kinda sad they don't do Friday-Saturday anymore but with the Big 10 going to so many night games there was simply no choice.

It's been quite obvious the last few years how paltry these Saturday game crowds were getting
Don't doubt the low attendance,but I find it hard to fathom that night college football(big10 or otherwise) would be the reason for attendance drop.I would figure most adults care less about ncaa football.

Pickerington Central vs Northmont had a pretty good crowd. PC's side was full and. Northmont's side was about 80% full.

Pick Central’s student section was smaller than usual. I’m guessing thats because of (at least in part) the cost of tickets. Students can buy a relatively cheap season pass good for all regular season home games. Since those can’t be used for playoffs, I think the $8 ticket price scares off the kids who aren’t really into football and just go for the social aspect.

Valley View/Waverly had excellent crowd. VV standing room only and Waverly traveled very well, almost filled away stands

Pretty much have to face facts HS football attendance is down everywhere , There are exceptions in smaller communities and some larger ones, but the trend is for only family and friends travel to raod games anymore , townspeople old coaches , fans of the community in general simply only go to a few home games a year. STUDENTS don't go as much as they used to either, student section crowds are smaller now.

When the weather gets colder as it tends to obviously in the play-off weeks ? you get smaller crowds than some regular season weeks earlier on when the temps are anywhere from 70 to even 80 at kick-off . It is what it is and isn't trending the other way again

A friend of mine told me Wayne was barely half full and mostly empty by the beginning of the 4th quarter. He said North brought a decent crowd for having to travel so far.

West Clermont @ Mason - nice crowd

Dwire Field seats were probably about 90% full. West Clermont is a new school and the community supported them very well.

Tallmadge / Buckeye was a pretty good crowd. Very impressed by the crowd that Buckeye brought to the game. It was like their whole town was there.

Centerville vs Hilliard Darby Div I teams. Honest Hilliard Darby's band had more people in it than were in the stands for Darby. I don't think even the parents game to the game. Home crowd for Centerville was not bad.

Highland/Anthony Wayne crowd was embarrassing for Highland. Not many people rooting for the Home Team. Toledo folks came out considering the long drive and having sat on that side they were very nice fans

Bedford/Eastlake North crowd was lacking as usual on the home Bedford side. Crowd grew a bit for Bedford by the 2nd quarter but maybe to not even 1000. Eastlake North brought a pretty nice crowd of maybe a few thousand to see North's first ever playoff game. Very hard-fought game by North even though they lost.

Middletown Madison vs Anna was a packed game for Madison standards and Anna traveled with the entire away stands packed to a brim.