How many pitchers for your HS Varsity?

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
How many pitchers does your school use in a regular rotation? And if they use more than one, how much do they use the second, third, etc pitcher(s)?

Last year my daughter's team made it to regionals. They used one pitcher the majority of the time, but had a couple others that picked up a few innings here and there. I would guess the #1 pitcher threw 90% or better of the total innings played.

One really good one is sufficient (see Lebanon a few years ago). A couple of average pitchers to play against the rec filled teams is helpful.

If you have a dominant pitcher as has been said they're gonna get the large majority of the innings. I would guess most teams sans injury aren't gonna go more than 2 deep.

Pitching is an area all schools try to develop as many ladies as they can but realistically for most schools they have one that gets the majority of innings and a second that may start a handful of games vs. weaker competition..
If they are lucky teams may have one lady on JV that may be able to get varsity innings and a position player that can throw a few innings.