Have you gotten the Covid-19 vaccine?

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Not a debate thread, just curious who has gotten the vaccine already. Seems it is slowly making its way through Ohio. (2.36% of us Ohioans so far)

irish_buffalo

Not a debate thread, just curious who has gotten the vaccine already. Seems it is slowly making its way through Ohio. (2.36% of us Ohioans so far)
I will get it when offered but I am waaay down the list.

Your post makes it sound like you have been vaccinated?

BASESWIMPARENT

I am way down the list too and I have spoken to a couple of medical professionals about it. One, a nurse of 40 plus years, says she is not going to get it because the long term effects have not been thoroughly investigated. A doctor with 24 years experience says that this is the best technology for vaccines and that it is totally safe. Right now, I think I will get it. I was talking with the better half last night and this virus is weird in terms of who it effects and its symptoms.

thavoice

I am way down the list too and I have spoken to a couple of medical professionals about it. One, a nurse of 40 plus years, says she is not going to get it because the long term effects have not been thoroughly investigated. A doctor with 24 years experience says that this is the best technology for vaccines and that it is totally safe. Right now, I think I will get it. I was talking with the better half last night and this virus is weird in terms of who it effects and its symptoms.
My mother, a LPN for over 40 years and still working casually at the hospital and Dr's office, does not intend to get it either.

At this time, one of my employer's said it is not mandatory but I would not be surprised if it does become mandatory when they can work out the legalities and push it with all the other mandatory immunizations.

Purplemojo

My wife got the first dose 10 days ago and will get the second dose some time late next week. Sore arm, a few achy joints for two days. No big deal. My understanding is that all of the research that is done for any drug was done for this, it was just accelerated due to the federal funds allowing more personnel and resources being put to bear. Long term effects? I don't believe they waited ten years after the polio vaccine was created to see what would happen down the road. It is just not done, nor could it be. Such a delay would render vaccines irrelevant.

I will get it when available and regret not getting in the trial program. My wife has been on the front line of pandemic response and I do not feel like I have done my part. My age and rank keep me from being used in a front line role. They don't generally use officers to distribute food, patrol city streets or assist local law enforcement, while qualified medical officers do and have augmented civilian medical professionals and dispense vaccines. So, I am a little jealous of my wife's contribution to the pandemic response.