Have you gotten the Covid-19 vaccine?

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Not a debate thread, just curious who has gotten the vaccine already. Seems it is slowly making its way through Ohio. (2.36% of us Ohioans so far)

Not a debate thread, just curious who has gotten the vaccine already. Seems it is slowly making its way through Ohio. (2.36% of us Ohioans so far)
I will get it when offered but I am waaay down the list.

Your post makes it sound like you have been vaccinated?

I am way down the list too and I have spoken to a couple of medical professionals about it. One, a nurse of 40 plus years, says she is not going to get it because the long term effects have not been thoroughly investigated. A doctor with 24 years experience says that this is the best technology for vaccines and that it is totally safe. Right now, I think I will get it. I was talking with the better half last night and this virus is weird in terms of who it effects and its symptoms.

I am way down the list too and I have spoken to a couple of medical professionals about it. One, a nurse of 40 plus years, says she is not going to get it because the long term effects have not been thoroughly investigated. A doctor with 24 years experience says that this is the best technology for vaccines and that it is totally safe. Right now, I think I will get it. I was talking with the better half last night and this virus is weird in terms of who it effects and its symptoms.
My mother, a LPN for over 40 years and still working casually at the hospital and Dr's office, does not intend to get it either.

At this time, one of my employer's said it is not mandatory but I would not be surprised if it does become mandatory when they can work out the legalities and push it with all the other mandatory immunizations.

My wife got the first dose 10 days ago and will get the second dose some time late next week. Sore arm, a few achy joints for two days. No big deal. My understanding is that all of the research that is done for any drug was done for this, it was just accelerated due to the federal funds allowing more personnel and resources being put to bear. Long term effects? I don't believe they waited ten years after the polio vaccine was created to see what would happen down the road. It is just not done, nor could it be. Such a delay would render vaccines irrelevant.

I will get it when available and regret not getting in the trial program. My wife has been on the front line of pandemic response and I do not feel like I have done my part. My age and rank keep me from being used in a front line role. They don't generally use officers to distribute food, patrol city streets or assist local law enforcement, while qualified medical officers do and have augmented civilian medical professionals and dispense vaccines. So, I am a little jealous of my wife's contribution to the pandemic response.

Now I'm wondering if anyone keeping track of how many these doses not used. Reported locally that 30 suburban police officers jumped the line (no complaint other than why the burban police?) because the local TOLEDO clinic had 120 doses about to expire.

How hard is this to manage? There should be ONE local vetting agency, each dose has a number regardless the number of distribution sites. If there's excess after the round, the calls start to an already triaged receiver list.

Now I'm wondering if anyone keeping track of how many these doses not used. Reported locally that 30 suburban police officers jumped the line (no complaint other than why the burban police?) because the local TOLEDO clinic had 120 doses about to expire.

How hard is this to manage? There should be ONE local vetting agency, each dose has a number regardless the number of distribution sites. If there's excess after the round, the calls start to an already triaged receiver list.
Blame our leadership.

Dewine.

He had how many months to figure out how to set this up?
Less time on TV and making the rounds and more time actually doing the job....

Blame our leadership.

Dewine.

He had how many months to figure out how to set this up?
Less time on TV and making the rounds and more time actually doing the job....

f-all if you think I'd let anyone tell me who to blame. Government didn't tell Toledo Clinic not to push out those shots now did it? I enjoy talking and exchanging ideas with you on other things but I'm not into your whiney poltical BS.

This was a logistical failing on the local medical establishment. Government did their job and got the doses into their hands.

This was a logistical failing on the local medical establishment. Government did their job and got the doses into their hands.
I would agree with you except the government is telling the medical establishments who is and isn't allowed to get the vaccine and at what time. Not in anyway trying to tell you who to blame just trying to express my thoughts. In the instance you sited above I personally think the blame is shared between the government and the medical establishments. Between those two entities some more details should have been worked out so that we don't have doses about to expire all the time.

You got that right. My sister and her husband in their early 70s both tested positive and it wasn't a big deal. He was laid up for about 5 days very exhausted but he's fine now. My sister said she wasn't even going to get tested but when her husband tested positive she got the test and was positive but she said it just felt like her fall allergies. A couple of her adult children and a couple grandkids tested positive with no real affects.

But a long time friend is on day 19 of the ventilator and she's touch and go daily.

I'll probably get the vaccine when I'm able but I'm not in any of the early groups.

f-all if you think I'd let anyone tell me who to blame. Government didn't tell Toledo Clinic not to push out those shots now did it? I enjoy talking and exchanging ideas with you on other things but I'm not into your whiney poltical BS.

This was a logistical failing on the local medical establishmwereent. Government did their job and got the doses into their hands.
ts
I think that a lot, if not most hospitals GROSSLY overestimated how many staff members would get the vaccine. They probably received a set amount based on how many employees they had. At my hospital all the intranet communications insisted people sign up early to be sure you received your vaccine. After a few days, they were taking walk-ins because people just weren't signing up as previously thought. Now, if anyone on here also works in the medical field you're aware that the suits never ask rank and file people their thoughts anything new.
I think if hospitals would've had people pre register in December to get their vaccine in January there wouldn't be all these leftover vaccines on the brink of going to waste.
And is it true some of these vaccines are set to expire? Who makes s medicine that expires in 1--2 months??