Hamilton Baseball

I believe Tim Reed has been in the program longer than Joe Lewis. As head JV coach you deal with some of the same issues that a varsity HC does and that varsity assistants do not. I wonder why he is never even considered for the posts, great guy and very good coach.

I see Tim out there all of the time. He has devoted MANY, MANY hours to the Big Blue program. I think he lives at HHS! He would be a great choice! So would Lewis, and so would Danny Reid. Again the job isn't even open yet. The joke will be on everyone when this thread is still open 10 years from now.

Believe it or not...when this job comes open, I'm staying out of it. The school board will make a wise choice whatever route they go.
This isn't Fairfield!

As for the Badin reference. I just think this Hamilton vs. Badin thing is overrated. It is a nice rivalry, but there is a lot of respect between the two schools. Ed Mignery proved you can be a "Badin guy" and still coach at Hamilton.

This rumor has been going around for a long time. I first heard it the year they lost to West. Pretty sure it was the team with Schulthiess and Rice. So, its been awhile I'm thinking he'll be staying for awhile especially with great potential coming up from the JV team and the presently Undefeated Freshman team in the years to come.

Hamilton Freshman Record

What is hamiltons record so far this year?

Current Record:
4 Wins (Middletown twice, Princeton twice)
0 Losses

Cancelled/Rescheduled games:
Colerain x2
Harrison
Vandalia-Butler
Hilliard Davidson
Fairfield x2
Wilmington

Make-up Game for COLERAIN scheduled for 4/16/09 (home)

Thank you sir. Everyones been having cancelled games like crazy. If it keeps raining like it has this month some teams might not get enough games in to qualify for state.

Yes, good philosophy!

At the present time the Big Blue varsity look to be a .500 team at best. As for some of the other post about the young talent at the Big Blue ( freshman and JV ) they have a nice blend of talent but everyone out their knows
Good - Better - Best, never let it rest til your good is better and you better is best. The only way these kids will go from Good to Best is to play more competitive summer baseball, if not, the future of Hamilton baseball will be no brighter than it is at the present.

Very good point about kids needing to play more and then some more...I have always wondered...why Hamilton kids don't have an opportunity to play in junior high school? They come from these great little league programs from all over Hamilton, age out at 12 (?) and then no opportunity to play in school until 9th grade. Can't the school district see the value of these youth programs and how the absence of a junior high program may not be a bright idea? I guess I would just be curious to know the reasoning.

Hamilton Freshman Baseball

do you really need to know the science of the sport to be able to know how to play the game? in my eyes a hit is a hit. Blooper or line drive is still going to be a hit. You dont need to know at what angle to swing the bat to hit the ball. you just need to know how to get the bat on the ball, and get solid contact. and does that take science? i think not.

also for the record all of the kids named were from WSLL

Thanks for your ideas sportsfinatic4444. I agree with you to some extent...sometimes meeting the bat to the ball is all you got. However, my point is, I don't think it ever hurts to be a smart athlete. It seems to me, the more an athlete knows about the game, the more likely they are to aspire to their fullest potential.

Kuddos to WSLL.

it would be Joe lewis if a coaching change is made, Danny Reid will continue to coach his son in the summer so that would rule him out!!!!

if the blue run off 20 wins it may make dans desision easier

JMO

Dawg-you are always in the know with all things Blue, how does T. Reed not get a shot? I think all 3 guys are great people and very good coaches but the cat has definitely put the time in, how does one overlook that?

Dawg-you are always in the know with all things Blue, how does T. Reed not get a shot? I think all 3 guys are great people and very good coaches but the cat has definitely put the time in, how does one overlook that?

this is true but I am pretty sure Dan will pick his predecessor... I know he likes Timmy But Joe will be his pick I'm sure. Timmy R. does a great Job at the JV level and will continue in that capacity I'm sure

this is true but I am pretty sure Dan will pick his predecessor... I know he likes Timmy But Joe will be his pick I'm sure. Timmy R. does a great Job at the JV level and will continue in that capacity I'm sure

Dawg - do you mean Tim Reed, Tim Robinson, or Tim Ruecking?? and is that Jimmy Joe in the running too?

Thanks for your ideas sportsfinatic4444. I agree with you to some extent...sometimes meeting the bat to the ball is all you got. However, my point is, I don't think it ever hurts to be a smart athlete. It seems to me, the more an athlete knows about the game, the more likely they are to aspire to their fullest potential.

Kuddos to WSLL.

yes, this is true. i rethought what i said and wanted to change it but i also wanted to know what people said. Being smart can help base running and also tracking down balls taking angles and situational hitting. so im going to say it has to do with it somewhat, but its more baseball smarts. not as much book smarts.

I think tim reed and joe lewis are the ones most qualified for the new head coaching job if coach dan bowling decides to retire. they both do a great job with kids and teaching them the game. both great guys so i think if someone were to get the job it should be out of those two.

Tim Reed has put in way to many hours in all of the things (baseball, basketball,football, AD at Garfield ) he does at Hamilton to not get a shot at some sort of varsity head coaching position BUT we all saw what happened in basketball, Reed was coaching when Tim Robinson was still in diapers.
A lot of great candidates for the job ( when it opens up ) have been named and you can't go wrong with whoever you hire but the program will only be as good as the players playing the game ( coach is only as good as his players, great players make a coach great, Sparky Anderson - Big Red Machine ).
When will the job open up ??? I've been hearing this may be the year but I've also heard Bowling wants to wait until the Westside team that went to Williamsport gets over to Hamilton. Future looks bright at Hamilton but only if the players put in the time and effort to get better.

I continue to hear about the Big Blue and the team that went to Williamsport as going to be "the team" once they get to HS. A little reminder to all, I believe one of the earlier WSLL Williamsport teams had their big stud pitcher not throw a varsity pitch for the Blue. There is ALOT OF TIME between the ages of 12 and 16-18. Those kids were talented but we shall see.
As for Coach Bowling I keep hearing this year or next as his last one but it's anyone's guess.

So True......

I continue to hear about the Big Blue and the team that went to Williamsport as going to be "the team" once they get to HS. A little reminder to all, I believe one of the earlier WSLL Williamsport teams had their big stud pitcher not throw a varsity pitch for the Blue. There is ALOT OF TIME between the ages of 12 and 16-18. Those kids were talented but we shall see.
As for Coach Bowling I keep hearing this year or next as his last one but it's anyone's guess.

Just getting to Williamsport doesnt equate into assured success with the Blue. Never has, never will. Theres a better chance that some 12 yr old who didnt make the club will do better in high school.

Impala-someone needs to remind all the goofs at WSLL. Every kid that has hit a HR or struck out the side over on Eaton Avenue is destined for stardom. Hopefully your son/daughter still enjoys the game enough to continue to work at it as they grow older.

the blue moves to 6-5 today they could very easily be 10-1 0r 9-2 some timely hits and this blue team could have a completely diffrent record period dont count them out............. if you didnt see todays game it was one of the best in the HHS FHS rivalry

the blue moves to 6-5 today they could very easily be 10-1 0r 9-2 some timely hits and this blue team could have a completely diffrent record period dont count them out............. if you didnt see todays game it was one of the best in the HHS FHS rivalry

How many FF-HHS games have you seen in your lifetime?

Chill out dude!, everyone is entitled to an opinion. In that persons mind it was a good game, I thought it was good also. Does the amount of games have a bearing on an opinion.

well lets see I played for Blue Back in the late 80's and and was part of some battles and have watched closely like alot of people so I would say I have seen my share and Im not 12 Im going on 18!!!!!LOL!!!!!:party: :party: :party:

well lets see I played for Blue Back in the late 80's and and was part of some battles and have watched closely like alot of people so I would say I have seen my share and Im not 12 Im going on 18!!!!!LOL!!!!!:party: :party: :party:

18??? Dude you are old. Now thats 18 in dog years, right?