Hamilton Baseball

Disappointed-heck I'm old and worn as is, but at times one has to do what one has to do. If the trade off is just some hip problems, don't see it as a problem. Yet most that know would say I am way, way far from hip.

And, how's the hip today BP? Is that what you want GC? Hip problems.

it was a little sore yesterday!!!LOL!!!! ;) and GC anytime maybe a Gina's night we can see what kind of trouble we can find!!!! because thats all they are anyways!!! now back to Hamilton baseball!!!!

HHS is 8-8 and this team is 5 inning or 5 hits away from being 13-3 so I hope teams overlook the blue come tourney time!

Can't wait to hear the line-up. Should be interesting, guess we will see.

And GC, you ain't old, it's all in the mind just ask BP, he's only 18. Right?

The BIGGEST difference being that the Dawg has major game and has that entertaining thing going for him, the old GCpro has not too much to offer. Hence why he may sit back and pick on the dawgs retreads.

He does have a beautiful smile. Maybe instead of settling for retreads you should try that approach. Smile more, chicks dig it, and if you can throw in a wink occasionally. Watch out.

The boys looked good from what I understand BP.

He does have a beautiful smile. Maybe instead of settling for retreads you should try that approach. Smile more, chicks dig it, and if you can throw in a wink occasionally. Watch out.

The boys looked good from what I understand BP.

again acoupole hits and this game is diffrent, if fox doesnt hit into bad luck we win the game Im sure.

IMHO!!!

OK, I'm obsessing about Walt's BBQ today. I am seriously thinking about a noontime visit with my old friend Kentuckyfan12. Any Yappi vets wanna join us? GCPRO? ImpalaDrive? BPDawg32? Isn't today all you can eat ribs day? Might not help attract BP's retreads, but you can't beat the smokehouse!

In all honesty, just had dinner there last night and the meal was very good. Pulled pork, some slaw and of course the cornbread muffins. Very cold pop as well.
Not sure the GCpro fits in with that all-star lineup anyhow.
BTW-had a heelsfan, bigjohn, I forget the rest, siting at Walts as well.

In all honesty, just had dinner there last night and the meal was very good. Pulled pork, some slaw and of course the cornbread muffins. Very cold pop as well.
Not sure the GCpro fits in with that all-star lineup anyhow.
BTW-had a heelsfan, bigjohn, I forget the rest, siting at Walts as well.

That's OK GC.. The pulled pork is out of this world. And they pile it on!

Was the booth big enough for all those personalities?

(Big John, heelsfan, etc, etc,)

Pop? Really? I thought you would be trying out one of their fine selection of lagers.

If kentucky fan 12 continues to eat at Walt's twice a week he needs to hit the Y.M.C.A atleast 5 days a week. I will go with ya BlueFan any time. Hey BlueFan do they have any job openings down there where you work at? I can't keep mooching off my wife and not taking her with me to Walt's. As you know well we can't talk baseball when the wives are with us.

If kentucky fan 12 continues to eat at Walt's twice a week he needs to hit the Y.M.C.A atleast 5 days a week. I will go with ya BlueFan any time. Hey BlueFan do they have any job openings down there where you work at? I can't keep mooching off my wife and not taking her with me to Walt's. As you know well we can't talk baseball when the wives are with us.

Nothing at this point. That could always change. No one is irreplaceable. I'm told that all the time, at work AND at home! BTW, that's OK about the wives.. They talk about everything BUT baseball at our ballgames. That's why the dads have to get away from the backstop area and stand along the fence. Kind of hard to do when the In-Laws are there. The women behaved for the most part on Saturday....:stirthepot:

Bluefan-well of course I sampled a couple but didn't want to give any of the young readers a bad idea of the GCpro's intentions.
Boyz-if you can't talk baseball in front of the mrs. better consider a replacement. Plenty of awful things can be forgiven but not allowing baseball talk would't be one of them.
I will definitely put Walts on my weekly to do list. Very economical as well.

Bluefan-well of course I sampled a couple but didn't want to give any of the young readers a bad idea of the GCpro's intentions.
Boyz-if you can't talk baseball in front of the mrs. better consider a replacement. Plenty of awful things can be forgiven but not allowing baseball talk would't be one of them.
I will definitely put Walts on my weekly to do list. Very economical as well.

It's not that we are not allowed to talk baseball...we just can't get a word in edgewise, and when they attempt to join in a baseball conversation...believe me, you'd rather be talking about American Idol or some other trailer park nonsense. :wallbang:

GC- Your right you should be able to talk about baseball in front of the wives, but they are so protective of their kids. I can't critisize anything my kids do anymore without being in a full blown argument. As you have already seen she takes things the wrong way sometimes when she has no clue what we are talking about, that's because anything I talk about with any yappi friends never gets to her.

back in the day when my oldest was 12 or 13, i came home from practice one day and was eating dinner with the family. I was going on and on about some kid on our team and how good he was. After dinner was over, the mrs. informs me that I shouldn't talk like that in front of him, it may begin to bother him that I think so highly of another kid. My response was that he needed to learn as soon as possible that there are plenty of kids out there as good and better than him. Only going to help him down the road. My wife never quite understood it all, God bless her. As for my son, he turned out to be pretty good in his own right.

I will never have that problem of talking baseball to the mrs's for I will never keep one around long enough!!!LMAO!!!!:angel: :angel:

back in the day when my oldest was 12 or 13, i came home from practice one day and was eating dinner with the family. I was going on and on about some kid on our team and how good he was. After dinner was over, the mrs. informs me that I shouldn't talk like that in front of him, it may begin to bother him that I think so highly of another kid. My response was that he needed to learn as soon as possible that there are plenty of kids out there as good and better than him. Only going to help him down the road. My wife never quite understood it all, God bless her. As for my son, he turned out to be pretty good in his own right.

Amen to that!

This is exactly what I am going through this year and what I went through last year also, she says I'm too hard on him.

kyfan-not sure I was ever hard on any of my sons for the most part, but on the other hand they need to understand that the sun doesn't rise and set on their abilities. Always room for improvement.

Just sat through another dreadful error laden big blue game. I really think that in the best interest of big blue fans, coach should starting selling beer. It is the only thing that might help those of us who had hoped for a better season.

He doesn't have the sticks for big ball, and doesn't seem to like small ball, so he seems to have settled on crappy ball. Every time we lose it's because someone had a error. Find some players who can play defense.

I would much rather watch a solid team with excellent defense and good base hitting/running, than a team with one or two big bats whom doesn't rely on their ability to field a ball, only their ability to hit one. Come on coach, give us something better to watch.

By the way...Walt's was great...company (kyfan12 and his spouse) was good.
We were even granted a minute to talk baseball! Missed GCPRO, IMPALA, AND BPDAWG. We'll have to catch ya on the flip side.

Disappointed, I think you have the wrong thread. Complainers aren't welcome in Big Blue land. Take it to the Fairfield thread. They'll love your bilge there. Sometimes the talent cupboard is not as bountiful as in years past. Truth is, NOBODY seemed to put Big Blue anywhere within the top five of the GMC this season, and they are playing to those expectations. I think it will come together enough to suprise a couple of teams come tournament time. Some good kids are coming up through the program. Better days are ahead. Be patient!

Last edited:
3-9 in the GMC, 24 errors in 12 games, 17 committed by the starting infield. Not complaining stating the facts. I have said before on this blurb that I know they have the ability to play better ball, it's just a matter of inspiring them too. All the faith in the world.

I love BIG BLUE and I love baseball, so to any whom I might offend, I'd like to apologize. Just feel bad for the seniors.

Bluefan-If you can get Impala Drive to a sitdown, I will guarantee I will be in attendance wherever that may be. There is not another yappi poster that I respect more than him. Always thoughtful, always insightful and rarely is negative. Even the GCpro slips into the gutter now and again, all in fun though. Give me a heads up when you get him lined up.

24 errors in 12 games is not very good at any level. I feel your pain. Don't bang too hard on my man though, they are just two years removed from a regional appearance. Good luck Blue, except Saturday.

BTW-check out the Play of the Year thread on this site. That is the Big Blue's own Trace Fowler making that play. Congrats to him. Great kid.

Last edited: