GWOC 19-20

Great article in the DDN today about the "Running Rams" I love the attitude about being "friends" after the buzzer! Old School...

https://www.daytondailynews.com/spo...lanton-rams-off-start/bkVaKbvDqQuUiHpm3EmMuN/

My concern is those kids have been in that district since Middle School. Why is writer labeling them as "transfers"? That looks like some pot stirring to me. Those are Trotwood kids 2 years at the Middle School?? Do kids that attend elementary schools in other districts label those kids as "transfers" Why even mention that term? If a kid has been in your system for 6 or 7 we still calling them transfers??? What is that really about? And folks wonder why those Trotwood fans get emotional.

I have never, ever once heard or read an article that has eluded to a student that transferred into Middle School as they were speaking about them as Seniors in HS. Wow!

Perhaps some people think that the title “writer” gives them the nod to go ahead and write what whatever the heck that they desire, researched or not. He should spend some time researching the culture of the basketball program that starts building at the youngest grades.

Great article in the DDN today about the "Running Rams" I love the attitude about being "friends" after the buzzer! Old School...

https://www.daytondailynews.com/spo...lanton-rams-off-start/bkVaKbvDqQuUiHpm3EmMuN/

My concern is those kids have been in that district since Middle School. Why is writer labeling them as "transfers"? That looks like some pot stirring to me. Those are Trotwood kids 2 years at the Middle School?? Do kids that attend elementary schools in other districts label those kids as "transfers" Why even mention that term? If a kid has been in your system for 6 or 7 we still calling them transfers??? What is that really about? And folks wonder why those Trotwood fans get emotional.

I have never, ever once heard or read an article that has eluded to a student that transferred into Middle School as they were speaking about them as Seniors in HS. Wow!

I get your point and it's one that I challenged several years ago. How many schools can safely say that every player they have on their team is 100% from Kindergarten on...I know it's far-fetched but people move all the time. It's sad that they felt the needed to bring that up.

Nice win by the Elks tonight at Springfield. I am surprised at the margin of victory. Outside of Trotwood, the GWOC is really down this year. The Elks might win the GWOC American with a losing record.

Last edited:
Nice win by the Elks tonight at Springfield. I am surprised at the margin of victory. Outside of Trotwood, the GWOC is really down this year. The Elks might win the GWOC American with a losing record.

Springfield hung in there, but couldn't get stops towards the end of the 3rd. Cupps had a big night with 22.

I suppose it's possible, but to have a losing record Centerville would have to be no better than 4-5 the rest of the way. If all 4 wins were in the GWOC (out of 7 GWOC games remaining), then they would finish 9-4 in GWOC which might hold up.

I suppose it's possible, but to have a losing record Centerville would have to be no better than 4-5 the rest of the way. If all 4 wins were in the GWOC (out of 7 GWOC games remaining), then they would finish 9-4 in GWOC which might hold up.
you are correct...I was being a little sarcastic. Based on what I have seen so far, it is between the Elks and Wayne. I won't be surprised to see Centerville win at Wayne on the rematch.

I agree 100 with you but did those 2 play in the Pee Wee program also, I don't know but that was a real slap in the face to Trotwood
about transferring in middle school or even before.

Could Dayton or WSU or Miami make sure TWood is a key place to recruit please? I would go to WSU games if they had just a few local kids. I am sick of these kids going off to non-local mid-majors and doing well. I guess a lot of kids want to experience different regions and I get that, but I have heard our local D1 do not try to lock down Trotwood as a key area like they should. Blanton looks like another kid that is not ideal specs for a position at Mid or High D1 will get looked over because of it. But then will go average 25 for his career somewhere in mid or low D1 and make millions in Europe. Am I wrong there?

Could Dayton or WSU or Miami make sure TWood is a key place to recruit please? I would go to WSU games if they had just a few local kids. I am sick of these kids going off to non-local mid-majors and doing well. I guess a lot of kids want to experience different regions and I get that, but I have heard our local D1 do not try to lock down Trotwood as a key area like they should. Blanton looks like another kid that is not ideal specs for a position at Mid or High D1 will get looked over because of it. But then will go average 25 for his career somewhere in mid or low D1 and make millions in Europe. Am I wrong there?
They produce studs...agree that local schools should try to get their kids. Definitely missing out

Did you see what Nagy said about the Davis kid that is lighting up the Horizon. " He could not get a read on him"....WTH?? How about those 2000 + points he scored in HS? The fact he was a qualifier? The fact you can go to a Wright State game and sit any dang where you please? His attitude towards Davis was why Wright State will never fill that arena... Sad!

They produce studs...agree that local schools should try to get their kids. Definitely missing out
Amari Davis was a stud and ate the Elks up. He is the classic example of a kid who didn't hit the "measurables" but his on-the-court play should have been enough. Glad to see him come back and eat up Wright State. When will the coaches learn? If you can play, you can play!

Amari Davis was a stud and ate the Elks up. He is the classic example of a kid who didn't hit the "measurables" but his on-the-court play should have been enough. Glad to see him come back and eat up Wright State. When will the coaches learn? If you can play, you can play!
He def has horizon lg measurable. Wright st refuses to recruit those kids for whatever reason. How many kids have went off to Cleveland st, youngstown etc while living right in dayton area

He had more than enough measurable for that league. So did Torrey Patton who scored double figures on Wright State last night. For the record I am just not talking about Trotwood kids either. I am talking about local kids. Some folks would say, Ahhhh!! He is winning. Well if he is that good of a coach he could win with some local flavor too and it would put some butts in those seats. I personally know 40 people that went and bought tickets to see Amari Davis 2 weeks ago. 30 or forty more for Patton. What if he had just four. That's a pretty good base right there. Anyway Nagy will do his time and be out in a few years. On to a bigger job. When the Raiders get to the point they want a real program that has a real fan base then maybe they will start looking in their own backyard. Just sayin....

It should be completley unacceptable. The kid is going to be the conference freshman of the year.
Did you see what Nagy said about the Davis kid that is lighting up the Horizon. " He could not get a read on him"....WTH?? How about those 2000 + points he scored in HS? The fact he was a qualifier? The fact you can go to a Wright State game and sit any dang where you please? His attitude towards Davis was why Wright State will never fill that arena... Sad!
I had a read on him in middle school that he could do damage early on. The millionare coach should to. He needs to bulk up and get a 3.So do a lot of freshman. He put huge number on X and Wisconsin. Come on Nagy But this is a miss that WSU should be a huge mark on a reputation. My sources said that WSU did not push at all. At UD he might have to wait a year contribute, but at least they get some locals. Wayne St. Marys etc

Miami is a disaster wake up please.

Last edited:
Are any locals on Blanton? I do not think his game transfers as well to D1 as Davis, but he seems to be mid-major for sure

Its not just Davis. Look at what Myles Beylu is doing in college averaging a double double. Xerious Williams in the Mac, Torrey Patton in Horizon, Quisenberry in Horizon. The Gable kid from Greenville is playing well in mid major those kids alone could of brought fans and tons of wins to Nutter Center