Governor DeWine Threatens To End D VII State Football Championship Game

In the context of a once in a generation pandemic that has killed a quarter million fellow Americans, it's not asking for much.

I answered your question. Don't dodge mine.

It's a "have you stopped beating your wife?" type question.

Just because someone questions how government (they need to get out) has responded to the pandemic doesn't mean that one doesn't care what happened to others during said pandemic.

I get that the government can’t require it, that is unless you work for Uncle Sam which I do and I’m sure they will more than likely require it at some point.

I hear that Live Nation is going to start requiring it just to buy tickets to concert events in the near future which to me is just absurd.
How will they know when you purchase your ticket if you have taken the vaccine or not?

The governor of the State of Ohio had decreed that dancing is illegal.
But if you wiggle in your chair without standing up, it produces and invisible barrier against covid. Just as with sitting while drinking.
Hmmmm, so, would it be feasible that if a wedding had enough office chairs that would allow no standing, could they do something similar to dancing and fool covid?

Curfews. Cannot have a drink after ten. Cannot attend a concert or sporting event. Telling you not to be with family. Telling you that ya have to wear a mask. Locking don businesses to not open. You don't think tat is losing freedoms?

CURFEWS - 10pm to 5am? Big deal! Unless you are working what else is there to do? What happens if your pulled over? Nothing but telling you to go home ?? OMG!! Try living in a country that if you are caught out after curfew you are beaten with a stick like some Asian countries.

CAN’T DRINK AFTER 10 - Not true, you are free to drink all you want at home, friends house etc. just not in licensed establishment. This was required because the idiots disregarded REQUESTS to social distance. You brought this one on yourself, and the bars are the ones paying the price.

SPORTING EVENTS - Don’t here the participants crying about limited fans, they just want to play. Because of money this most definitely will be relaxed as soon as the virus is controlled. If worst thing in life is that you have to watch the game on TV for the short term then you are lucky.

CAN’T BE WITH FAMILY - once again not true. They are requesting that you limit size of gatherings and spaces. I get together with my family frequently but we are smart about it, not that hard. Once again, you dont get beaten or arrested if you choose to gather, your choice. If you want to jeopardize you family, go for it.

MASK MANDATE - i hate masks as much as the next guy, but it is a fact that masks reduce the distance the virus travels when a person exhales or talks. Do you cry about wearing shoes and a shirt when entering a store? Businesses shut down because customers wont wear a mask.
In China they are required to wear masks 24/7 if out in public. Here I am FREE to go for a walk, drive my car, work at my desk without a mask or the fear that I will be arrested or beaten for not wearing one.

Freedoms are much more than temporary mask and socializing mandates.
In this country you are free to criticize the government, president or govenor as you are doing without fear of punishment. When you lose that then you have really lost something. Masks and not being able to go to the local sporting event......inconvenience at best.

Comments in red to SteelerBacker's post...

CURFEWS - 10pm to 5am? Big deal! Unless you are working what else is there to do? What happens if your pulled over? Nothing but telling you to go home ?? OMG!! Try living in a country that if you are caught out after curfew you are beaten with a stick like some Asian countries.

If I'm out after 10pm, it's my business what I'm doing, not the governor's... or yours.

CAN’T DRINK AFTER 10 - Not true, you are free to drink all you want at home, friends house etc. just not in licensed establishment. This was required because the idiots disregarded REQUESTS to social distance. You brought this one on yourself, and the bars are the ones paying the price.

Yet, no empirical data has been offered whatsoever by the governor that indicates bars and restaurants are the cause. He said repeatedly leading up to issuing the orders that bars and restaurants were not the source of the problems. When asked where he got the data that now suddenly bars and restaurants were the problem, he said from his health experts and anecdotal stories. He said he would get the information.... Nothing has been offered to date. (because there is none)

SPORTING EVENTS - Don’t here the participants crying about limited fans, they just want to play. Because of money this most definitely will be relaxed as soon as the virus is controlled. If worst thing in life is that you have to watch the game on TV for the short term then you are lucky.

Yet he allows 12,000 to watch NFL football. Cite me one instance where the football game between ___________ HS vs _____________ HS was a source of an outbreak. (you can't)

CAN’T BE WITH FAMILY - once again not true. They are requesting that you limit size of gatherings and spaces. I get together with my family frequently but we are smart about it, not that hard. Once again, you dont get beaten or arrested if you choose to gather, your choice. If you want to jeopardize you family, go for it.

DeWine actually said not to be with family from outside your home. (bubble)

MASK MANDATE - i hate masks as much as the next guy, but it is a fact that masks reduce the distance the virus travels when a person exhales or talks. Do you cry about wearing shoes and a shirt when entering a store? Businesses shut down because customers wont wear a mask.
In China they are required to wear masks 24/7 if out in public. Here I am FREE to go for a walk, drive my car, work at my desk without a mask or the fear that I will be arrested or beaten for not wearing one.

And in Ohio, you get arrested for refusing to wear a mask at an 8th grade football game.

In this country you are free to criticize the government, president or govenor as you are doing without fear of punishment. When you lose that then you have really lost something. Masks and not being able to go to the local sporting event......inconvenience at best.

See 8th grade football game referenced above.

There is no small print at the bottom of the Constitution that says.... **government reserved the right to suspend portions of this document (freedom of assembly) in case we have a pandemic

Get government out of this.

Problem is. Governor who took pride in being 1st to shut everything down at the request of his then clown health director. Then promoting it on any cable news outlet that would have them. The cheering on of the then former health director “yay keep it Ohio you’re saving lives. Keep sitting in isolation”. Scaring the crap out of everybody with crap forecasts and bad data. Then our clown health director goes running for the hills after severely effecting people’s lives. Then the mask mandate in the summer. No evidence anywhere masks do anything. They have f’d this thing up from the jump. Now our governors favorability drops by the month, and his decisions haven’t done one damn thing to save a life, with the possible exception of slowing it down which no one can prove either way. I’m wearing the mask i have since the mandate. But that’s more out of respect for people than any belief in our leadership decisions. We have plenty of reason to push back on our Ohio leadership. This has been handled only the way a lifetime politician could handle it. Keep pushing Ohio.

Problem is. Governor who took pride in being 1st to shut everything down at the request of his then clown health director. Then promoting it on any cable news outlet that would have them. The cheering on of the then former health director “yay keep it Ohio you’re saving lives. Keep sitting in isolation”. Scaring the crap out of everybody with crap forecasts and bad data. Then our clown health director goes running for the hills after severely effecting people’s lives. Then the mask mandate in the summer. No evidence anywhere masks do anything. They have f’d this thing up from the jump. Now our governors favorability drops by the month, and his decisions haven’t done one damn thing to save a life, with the possible exception of slowing it down which no one can prove either way. I’m wearing the mask i have since the mandate. But that’s more out of respect for people than any belief in our leadership decisions. We have plenty of reason to push back on our Ohio leadership. This has been handled only the way a lifetime politician could handle it. Keep pushing Ohio.
Don't ask questions.

Just comply.

10 pm is doing okay, so let's bump it up one hour to 9 pm.

Just comply.

Your livelihood and business is not essential. Close the doors.

Just comply.

With mitigation 10,000 me cases per day in April.

Just comply.

I'm sorry your loved one is dying in the hospital, or going under the knife, but you cannot be here with them.

Just comply.

Just comply.

Want to be able to go into public's events? Get the vaccine.

Just comply.

Want to have a drive by birthday parade for your nephew? Nope.

Just comply.

Just comply.

Just comply.

I would like to see some people from Coldwater bring big letters and display them near the end of the game...(six feet apart of course) showing how we feel about Dewine's mandates... they can draw straws to see who gets to be the "F"

1_cqJMnxDZKWk6oKVD42-P3g.jpeg.jpg

Just comply.

Do not gather with family.

Just comply.

The proposed 11th Commandment: thou shalt report thy neighbor if they have more than 8 people this Thanksgiving.

888-437-8276.

It's a "have you stopped beating your wife?" type question.

Just because someone questions how government (they need to get out) has responded to the pandemic doesn't mean that one doesn't care what happened to others during said pandemic.

I would be more receptive to this position if I saw more empathy to the dead, dying, and the overworked healthcare workers in these threads. Instead, these threads devolve into grown men who can't see past their own line of sight bitching that they can't watch kids play sports or drink at a bar.

Yes but l question the numbers.
And the fact that so called leaders forced nursing homes to take covid + people. The most at risk and they do that?????
Inexcusable.

Are the numbers strong enough in a certain direction to disregard the situation entirely?

Were some of the deaths among people already in their final moments? Sure. Were even more of the deaths among people who had pre-existing conditions. I think we can all agree with that. What I don't understand is why so many of us are quick to dismiss these populations as they walk among us and are still contributing to our economy by working jobs and buying goods and services. I'm a perfectly healthy person in my 30s. I'm not worried about my chances if I were to contract COVID. But I refuse to be the one who infects my father who has a heart condition, or my nextdoor neighbor living with Crohn's disease.

It’s sickening that people try to minimize the deaths of those who were elderly or had co-morbities. Most of those people had other ailments that were being treated. COVID tipped the scales and killed them. I don’t care if their lives were shortened by weeks or years. COVID killed them. And most were forced to die without their families at their side.

Now I don't want to be made out as insensitive to other areas. It's painful to read about a certain school district in Cincinnati that has reported several students experiencing suicidal tendencies. It's painful to read about small businesses closing their doors and individuals experiencing layoffs. We need more stimulus relief so businesses and individuals can afford to stay home. Until then, please do your part and make some sacrifices, because all I'm reading is a bunch of "I'm selfish and I don't want to."

Are the numbers strong enough in a certain direction to disregard the situation entirely?

Were some of the deaths among people already in their final moments? Sure. Were even more of the deaths among people who had pre-existing conditions. I think we can all agree with that. What I don't understand is why so many of us are quick to dismiss these populations as they walk among us and are still contributing to our economy by working jobs and buying goods and services. I'm a perfectly healthy person in my 30s. I'm not worried about my chances if I were to contract COVID. But I refuse to be the one who infects my father who has a heart condition, or my nextdoor neighbor living with Crohn's disease.

It’s sickening that people try to minimize the deaths of those who were elderly or had co-morbities. Most of those people had other ailments that were being treated. COVID tipped the scales and killed them. I don’t care if their lives were shortened by weeks or years. COVID killed them. And most were forced to die without their families at their side.

Now I don't want to be made out as insensitive to other areas. It's painful to read about a certain school district in Cincinnati that has reported several students experiencing suicidal tendencies. It's painful to read about small businesses closing their doors and individuals experiencing layoffs. We need more stimulus relief so businesses and individuals can afford to stay home. Until then, please do your part and make some sacrifices, because all I'm reading is a bunch of "I'm selfish and I don't want to."

Ok sure thing life warrior. You will be leading the charge against all causes of heart disease, lung disease, and diabetes as well correct? Hundreds of thousands die from these maladies alone annually. All these SICK (to use your word) companies selling cigarettes, fast food, packaged food, ect. You must be outraged and heart sickened our governor hasn't done anything about this yet. He's presiding over one of least healthy states in the union. Stop being so prejudice with your selective compassion, or start advocating for early death prevention everywhere.

Ok sure thing life warrior. You will be leading the charge against all causes of heart disease, lung disease, and diabetes as well correct? Hundreds of thousands die from these maladies alone annually. All these SICK (to use your word) companies selling cigarettes, fast food, packaged food, ect. You must be outraged and heart sickened our governor hasn't done anything about this yet. He's presiding over one of least healthy states in the union. Stop being so prejudice with your selective compassion, or start advocating for early death prevention everywhere.
If it saves one life.......