Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Middletown (8-15)

• Lakota West (5-18)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vike16

From December 23rd to December 30th the GMC went 11-5 in nonconference games, having some notable wins against Springfield, and Thurgood Marshall. Lakota West and Sycamore winning ,etc. Not great, but pretty good

HardCorps

Fairmont has more seating but I think Middletown’s facility is nicer. Digital scoreboard in all 4 corners. Walk around indoor track up top you seating all around the gym. Very beautiful facility
Thanks.

Not as cluttered, it seems. I will pay a visit soon.

Carl Rick

Tonight: Princeton by 16, Mason by 19, East by 14, Hamilton by 9, and game of the night, West by 5. This is a big game for West, they have more firepower than OH but the Highlanders will try to grind out a half court victory.

Vike16

Tonight: Princeton by 16, Mason by 19, East by 14, Hamilton by 9, and game of the night, West by 5. This is a big game for West, they have more firepower than OH but the Highlanders will try to grind out a half court victory.
You got the Princeton game right

Last edited:

HardCorps

Lakota West just gave the game away

Oak Hills 65
Lakota West 63
Final
Oak Hills is like a very slow spider.

How many years do they have to do this before coaches wake up? Or, are they awake and they just cannot deal with it.

firehawk

Oak Hills 65
Lakota West 63
Final
You got that right. Epic collapse and it’s happened 3 straight years in games against Oak Hills played at West. All 3 years they had leads in the 4th quarter and all 3 times they blew it. This was by far the worst. 5 missed free throws down the stretch and then throw the bell away with a chance to win leading to a run out and a layup just before the buzzer. It was beyond bad.

Oak Hills 65
Lakota West 63
Final

Oak Hills 65
Lakota West 63
Final

Its just getting started in the GMC
East at Oak Hills Tuesday! Will the momentum continue for OH?
Hamilton at East Friday. Princeton at OH Friday.

Collapsed in the end but that Lakota West team is still going to make some noise. In the past, that team would have lost by double digits after Oak Hills came out firing and West went down big. The duo of Mackey/ Combs will keep the scoring pace and is going to give some teams trouble.

Hamilton is quietly near the top in the standings but not sure how they almost lost to Middletown?! A come back win?

Its just getting started in the GMC
East at Oak Hills Tuesday! Will the momentum continue for OH?
Hamilton at East Friday. Princeton at OH Friday.

Collapsed in the end but that Lakota West team is still going to make some noise. In the past, that team would have lost by double digits after Oak Hills came out firing and West went down big. The duo of Mackey/ Combs will keep the scoring pace and is going to give some teams trouble.

Hamilton is quietly near the top in the standings but not sure how they almost lost to Middletown?! A come back win?
Hamilton didn’t play well especially in the first half but if you look up the box scores from the last couple weeks Middletown has given a few teams a good game in the gmc. Robinson was big in second half and Burnett stepped up.

Carl Rick

Hamilton and Princeton win the Inconsistent Award to this point. The Blue might get past this, the Vikings will not. The Birds of Fire are the Most Improved team to this point. The Highlanders are a very good team. I wasn't convinced until I saw them last night. Their starting 5 is good, they are physically strong and skilled. Their bench isn't very deep but that isn't much of a factor with their style of play.
Power: East, OH, West, Hamilton, Princeton, Mason, Fairfield, Sycamore, Middletown, ………………......………...…………….Colerain Ave.

Vike16

Hamilton and Princeton win the Inconsistent Award to this point. The Blue might get past this, the Vikings will not. The Birds of Fire are the Most Improved team to this point. The Highlanders are a very good team. I wasn't convinced until I saw them last night. Their starting 5 is good, they are physically strong and skilled. Their bench isn't very deep but that isn't much of a factor with their style of play.
Power: East, OH, West, Hamilton, Princeton, Mason, Fairfield, Sycamore, Middletown, ………………......………...…………….Colerain Ave.
Oak Hills is a very good team, that plays hard and plays great defense. Imho OH let Lakota West back in the game because of shooting. I think they made four or five 3's in the first 4 minutes of the game, but shot 6 for 20 from behind the arch for the whole game. But Lakota West had that game won and just had unbelievable turnovers and missed free throws.

You might be right about my Vikes. But they seem like a different team with everyone healthy right now anyway. The Oak Hills game will tell where Princeton is. Price consistantly figures Princeton out, and makes the Vikes struggle on offense. Princeton also has 0 rim protectors, that can hurt them in the long run

Hamilton struggled against Middletown, because Robinson had no help in this one. If the Big Blue wants to compete for the league, they have to get efficent scoring outside of Robinson every game. The way they played last night any of the top 5 teams in the GMC would of blew them out

oxat622

Fairmont has more seating but I think Middletown’s facility is nicer. Digital scoreboard in all 4 corners. Walk around indoor track up top you seating all around the gym. Very beautiful facility
I have not been to Middletown's new gym, nor the old one for that matter. But something about that seems too clean and sterile. I think it's all the white on the back walls. If they had an all brick or purple facade, that would be awesome.

Vike16

I have not been to Middletown's new gym, nor the old one for that matter. But something about that seems too clean and sterile. I think it's all the white on the back walls. If they had an all brick or purple facade, that would be awesome.
Best gymnasiums in the Cincinnati area imho

1. Middletown
2. Hamilton
3. Mason
4. Fairfield- Need to update the bleachers
5. West Clermont
6. Princeton
7. Lakota's
8. Elder - Old school feel

yj_runfan

Best gymnasiums in the Cincinnati area imho

1. Middletown
2. Hamilton
3. Mason
4. Fairfield- Need to update the bleachers
5. West Clermont
6. Princeton
7. Lakota's
8. Elder - Old school feel
Do you get a chance to visit many small school gyms?