• Colerain (10-14)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Middletown (8-15)

• Lakota West (5-18)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tonight: Princeton by 16, Mason by 19, East by 14, Hamilton by 9, and game of the night, West by 5. This is a big game for West, they have more firepower than OH but the Highlanders will try to grind out a half court victory.

Tonight: Princeton by 16, Mason by 19, East by 14, Hamilton by 9, and game of the night, West by 5. This is a big game for West, they have more firepower than OH but the Highlanders will try to grind out a half court victory.

You got the Princeton game right

Last edited:
Lakota West just gave the game away

Oak Hills 65
Lakota West 63
Final

Oak Hills is like a very slow spider.

How many years do they have to do this before coaches wake up? Or, are they awake and they just cannot deal with it.

Oak Hills 65
Lakota West 63
Final
You got that right. Epic collapse and it’s happened 3 straight years in games against Oak Hills played at West. All 3 years they had leads in the 4th quarter and all 3 times they blew it. This was by far the worst. 5 missed free throws down the stretch and then throw the bell away with a chance to win leading to a run out and a layup just before the buzzer. It was beyond bad.

Oak Hills 65
Lakota West 63
Final

Oak Hills 65
Lakota West 63
Final

Its just getting started in the GMC
East at Oak Hills Tuesday! Will the momentum continue for OH?
Hamilton at East Friday. Princeton at OH Friday.

Collapsed in the end but that Lakota West team is still going to make some noise. In the past, that team would have lost by double digits after Oak Hills came out firing and West went down big. The duo of Mackey/ Combs will keep the scoring pace and is going to give some teams trouble.

Hamilton is quietly near the top in the standings but not sure how they almost lost to Middletown?! A come back win?

Hamilton and Princeton win the Inconsistent Award to this point. The Blue might get past this, the Vikings will not. The Birds of Fire are the Most Improved team to this point. The Highlanders are a very good team. I wasn't convinced until I saw them last night. Their starting 5 is good, they are physically strong and skilled. Their bench isn't very deep but that isn't much of a factor with their style of play.
Power: East, OH, West, Hamilton, Princeton, Mason, Fairfield, Sycamore, Middletown, ………………......………...…………….Colerain Ave.

Hamilton and Princeton win the Inconsistent Award to this point. The Blue might get past this, the Vikings will not. The Birds of Fire are the Most Improved team to this point. The Highlanders are a very good team. I wasn't convinced until I saw them last night. Their starting 5 is good, they are physically strong and skilled. Their bench isn't very deep but that isn't much of a factor with their style of play.
Power: East, OH, West, Hamilton, Princeton, Mason, Fairfield, Sycamore, Middletown, ………………......………...…………….Colerain Ave.

Oak Hills is a very good team, that plays hard and plays great defense. Imho OH let Lakota West back in the game because of shooting. I think they made four or five 3's in the first 4 minutes of the game, but shot 6 for 20 from behind the arch for the whole game. But Lakota West had that game won and just had unbelievable turnovers and missed free throws.

You might be right about my Vikes. But they seem like a different team with everyone healthy right now anyway. The Oak Hills game will tell where Princeton is. Price consistantly figures Princeton out, and makes the Vikes struggle on offense. Princeton also has 0 rim protectors, that can hurt them in the long run

Hamilton struggled against Middletown. If the Big Blue wants to compete for the league, they have to get efficent scoring every game. The way they played last night any of the top 5 teams in the GMC would of blew them out

Last edited by a moderator:
Fairmont has more seating but I think Middletown’s facility is nicer. Digital scoreboard in all 4 corners. Walk around indoor track up top you seating all around the gym. Very beautiful facility

I have not been to Middletown's new gym, nor the old one for that matter. But something about that seems too clean and sterile. I think it's all the white on the back walls. If they had an all brick or purple facade, that would be awesome.

I have not been to Middletown's new gym, nor the old one for that matter. But something about that seems too clean and sterile. I think it's all the white on the back walls. If they had an all brick or purple facade, that would be awesome.

Best gymnasiums in the Cincinnati area imho

1. Middletown
2. Hamilton
3. Mason
4. Fairfield- Need to update the bleachers
5. West Clermont
6. Princeton
7. Lakota's
8. Elder - Old school feel

Best gymnasiums in the Cincinnati area imho

1. Middletown
2. Hamilton
3. Mason
4. Fairfield- Need to update the bleachers
5. West Clermont
6. Princeton
7. Lakota's
8. Elder - Old school feel
Do you get a chance to visit many small school gyms?

Does Edgewood have a new gym. I think I've seen a picture of it. It looked similar to Hamilton but smaller. But that's from looking at a picture.

Edgewood has a really nice new gym. The only thing missing is the part of the scoreboard that gives all of the players‘ individual stats.

Does Edgewood have a new gym. I think I've seen a picture of it. It looked similar to Hamilton but smaller. But that's from looking at a picture.
Edgewood has a very nice new gym! The floor is awesome it is hand painted by the art teacher at Edgewood and his dad.

Here it is you can kind of piece it together in the pics.

Attachments

• E0ECE0CF-0DFA-4DBE-94B5-9055A090F176.jpeg
    E0ECE0CF-0DFA-4DBE-94B5-9055A090F176.jpeg
    54.3 KB · Views: 28
  • CB1E38BE-3ED7-490C-BE59-89D77BEDDC81.jpeg
    CB1E38BE-3ED7-490C-BE59-89D77BEDDC81.jpeg
    49.2 KB · Views: 28
A weird thing about Edgewood's new gym is that the visiting team locker room is above the visitor stands. Teams go up/down through the seating aisles to reach the locker room. I've been to other facilities where the locker rooms are above the playing surface(McNicholas) but not one where you interact with the fans in doing so. I wondered if any coaches have encountered an angry parent in this situation.

In looking at pics of the Middletown gym it appears almost identical to Hamilton's which I feel is the best in the area.